1142 users online (210 members and 932 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Great news! I'm sure we're all to see news of her returned name being announced to the public. I hope her family is healing well during this difficult time.
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

Has anyone found anything regarding the identification yet? Is there anyone we can contact to give us information or do you think we will never publicly know? I am very anxious to hear since I do read up about the Manson Family murders ...

I dont think so sadly. I have been looking and looking and can't find anything.

Maybe changing the title of this thread to include Identified was premature?
    What do we think? What do we know? What can we prove?

There likely isn't coverage because authorities may still be finding her next of kin. Also, keep in mind that official news coverage doesn't always come immediately, especially with the Kerry Graham / Francine Trimble and Brenda Gerow cases that didn't get published until months afterward.

Cali Doe was Tammy Jo

1-25-2015

She is still showing on Doe network.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/358ufca.html
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

I emailed NamUS just to verify it was identified and here is the email I received back:

Hi there,

Yes, this case has been identified and archived from NamUs. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to provide any additional details on the identification at this time as NamUs is not the investigative agency. Thank you for your email!

Dustin Driscoll
    Regional System Administrator - AZ, CA, HI, NV
    National Missing & Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Doe Network identifies her as "Barbara Martin"

"Artistic rendering and sketches of the victim (Barbara Martin); Victim's jewelry and clothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    She is still showing on Doe network.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/358ufca.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My posts are pure speculation, intuitive leaps, or personal experience ... unless a link is provided.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Christie View Post
    Doe Network identifies her as "Barbara Martin"

"Artistic rendering and sketches of the victim (Barbara Martin); Victim's jewelry and clothing"
    Actually, I think Barbara Martin is the artist that did the reconstruction/drawing.

This story is about a Barbara Martin Bailey (perhaps she got married?) that does forensic reconstructions.

Forensic artist helping to name the nameless
    The Oakland Press
    Pontiac, MI
    8/7/2010
    It took decades for Martin Bailey to achieve her goal of becoming a forensic scientist with the Oakland County Sheriff's Office, but her persistence paid off in the end. After 23 years of working at the Sheriff's Office as "a clerk who drew well," Martin Bailey was offered the opportunity to sell the position to Sheriff Mike Bouchard in 2004.

"I had put through a slew of memos every year for why we needed a forensic art position," Martin Bailey said. "Everyone looked at it as a luxury position. In 2004, I was given the opportunity to go across the street to sell the position, and I did."
    This Jane Doe is mentioned in the article and DoeNet lists her name as "Barbara A Martin" and the pic actually looks kind of similar to this JD's reconstruction.

The Doe Network: Case File 294UFMI
    Left: Sketch of Victim by Barbara A. Martin
    294UFMI.jpg

Yes, Barbara Martin-Bailey is a forensic artist. She's done quite a few other reconstructions that are featured over the Doe Network and various other sites. She was certainly not the former Jane Doe

Cali Doe was Tammy Jo

1-25-2015

Ok, this is an important discovery. She has been unidentified since 1969. Where is the big news report and reveal? Was she part of the Manson family? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited by Jondalar45; 04-10-2016 at 09:50 PM.

May she rest in peace whoever she was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I contacted Doe Network a while ago about her being ID'ed. No idea if they are waiting for the name before pulling the file?

Has anything been released?

Los Angeles police have identified the body of a woman found stabbed 150 times in 1969 near the site of the Manson family killings as a 19-year-old from Montreal named Reet Jurvetson, who moved to Los Angeles from Montreal the year she was killed.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/j...ified-38700800

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast