Hearing Impaired Man Tased by Police

omg how horrible for this man!!! I hope he sues the crap outta them.

omg how horrible for this man!!! I hope he sues the crap outta them.
That is why you pay so much for every item you consume. There is no need to sue every time something goes wrong in our lives. The article states that the man wasn't injured and that they have repeatedly apologized. They need to make the caller serve some prison time. That would be the appropriate thing to happen.

If he was shouting that he was deaf and they still shot him with the taser, they deserve to be sued. I agree that there are tons of frivolous lawsuits out there, but come on!

If you were to come out of your bathroom and then get tasered for simply not being able to follow someone's commands, would an apology really make everything ok? And he was wrapped in a towel! I'm pretty sure it was obvious that he wasn't hiding a weapon. I'd be terrified to do anything without my hearing aid again!

Perhaps they need some better training on when to use force and when not to. And also perhaps some training on better dealing with hearing/sight impaired citizens. And yes, the caller definitely needs charged if it was a false claim.

Ok I didnt have time to read the article this morning but I still think he is in his rights to sue. I dont believe in stupid lawsuits, or suing for every little thing either, but this is definately a time where someone should. And as for them repeatedly apologizing, I am sure they are sorry NOW.

My parents are hearing impaired. I am always worried about them in the event they are in a situation involving the police, etc.

I have heard many people be rude to them when they commented to them and didn't respond because the comment was made after they had passed or while they were not able to read lips.

It really makes me mad. The police have a hard job, but at the same token what is a man in a towel, point to his ears going to do? A lot of hearing impaired people have specch difficulties. If the police couldn't understand the non-verbal cues, they obviously need more training.

My cousin and her husband are hearing impaired and had a terrible time getting police to react when their daughter went missing. It took a family member flying out of state to advocate for them to finally get police to "hear" their complaint.

WOW! that must be a record ... less than 15 seconds after walking up to the car the driver gets tasered!
Oh and he soooo deserved it. 5 miles over the limit in good driving conditions, the animal:eek:

WOW! that must be a record ... less than 15 seconds after walking up to the car the driver gets tasered!

I know. That wasn't even enough time to be briefed on why he was pulled over and to reach and get proof of ins. & a driver's license.

Wait! Is this really all that happened to that officer?

statesman.com — This is what happened to Cpl. Thomas O'Connor after an investigation of the Thanksgiving Day tasing incident, the department’s Internal Affairs office saw no need for disciplinary action. But then-Acting Chief Cathy Ellison reviewed it and ordered a three-day suspension for O’Connor, who served it and then returned to duty.

Oh and he soooo deserved it. 5 miles over the limit in good driving conditions, the animal:eek:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yep...dangerous person indeed! :loser: See, now THAT is something to be pissed about!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back