mobile phones/ built in tracking device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prickle

Reaction score
While looking over on mirror forum this morning re Madeleine, I came across this article regarding Cell phones. Although very interesting, it is also very disturbing. If what they say is true, perhaps they have been able to track/listen in to the Tapas9 phone calls.

December 05, 2006 3:38 PM
Vic Walter and Krista Kjellman Report:
Cell phone users, beware. The FBI can listen to everything you say, even when the cell phone is turned off.
A recent court ruling in a case against the Genovese crime family revealed that the FBI has the ability from a remote location to activate a cell phone and turn its microphone into a listening device that transmits to an FBI listening post, a method known as a "roving bug." Experts say the only way to defeat it is to remove the cell phone battery.
"The FBI can access cell phones and modify them remotely without ever having to physically handle them," James Atkinson, a counterintelligence security consultant, told ABC News. "Any recently manufactured cell phone has a built-in tracking device, which can allow eavesdroppers to pinpoint someone's location to within just a few feet," he added.

For the rest of this article from ABC news....

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/12/can_you_hear_me.html
and
http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=30584&start=0

Wow Trino, are you saying that if a person like you or I registers here we could track any mobile phone & it's position in the world?

Yep. Sure brings a new definition to privacy, doesn't it?

This must be what my grand daughter was talking about. She said that her gradeschool teacher told the class that the President listens to us on the phone. I just figured the teacher may be schizoprenic, but it could be true, just the FBI instead of Pres.

Didn't this happen to a family? IIRC, they were harassed and stalked by someone. The person would call the home phone and tell them what they were doing or quote them. Here it turned out the stalked was listening through their cell phones. It went on for quite a while too. The family was an absolute wreck.

The cell phone called between O'Brien & McCann was pinpointed to location on June 10 or thereabouts. What isn't clear to me is when the PJ came upon the barn nearby O'Brien when he placed the call. That discovery may be recent. If not, I'm sure the dogs would have been on site.

The cell phone called between O'Brien & McCann was pinpointed to location on June 10 or thereabouts. What isn't clear to me is when the PJ came upon the barn nearby O'Brien when he placed the call. That discovery may be recent. If not, I'm sure the dogs would have been on site.

I think that it was Gerry who placed the call Tuba.

I'm sure you're right. Thanks, Barnaby. I'm having trouble with this print story because there are contradictions within one article. The call was made "28 km from PDL" or "40 km from PDL" whereas Gerry claims 4 km. The call was captured on 10 June or within 10 days of Madeleine's disappearance. The more articles I read on the barn, the more I surmise that the barn itself was discovered very recently and is in the vicinity of the call's origination but not at the spot. What is your take?

I'm sure you're right. Thanks, Barnaby. I'm having trouble with this print story because there are contradictions within one article. The call was made "28 km from PDL" or "40 km from PDL" whereas Gerry claims 4 km. The call was captured on 10 June or within 10 days of Madeleine's disappearance. The more articles I read on the barn, the more I surmise that the barn itself was discovered very recently and is in the vicinity of the call's origination but not at the spot. What is your take?
It is very confusing Tuba the 10th June is mentioned but of course that is not within 10 days of Madeleine's disappearance. However, I think that within 10 days would be more accurate if O'Brien was still in Portugal at the time. I am not sure when he is supposed to have left, do you know?
I have mostly ready 28 kms but who knows? I think that the barn was in the vicinity not neccessarily at the exact spot. Just my take on it Tuba.

This article disturbs me I must say:
http://www.bbco.nl/hoos3.htm (scroll down for English)
That crematorium is in the vicinity it is written of where that call was placed. It is strange that a Polish couple with English accents were there. I know Polish people they speak with very definite broken English! The guy did not look in the bags! Gerry McCann seemed very sure they would never find a body!!!

I remember when this Dutch fellow's pet crematorium was investigated. I don't think he told the police about the couple he can't put out of his mind. His business was subsequently closed. With the many photos of Kate & Gerry McCann, I would think THOSE would be his best way of recognizing them or not. He needs to go over a collection of mug shots at the PJ.

It is very confusing Tuba the 10th June is mentioned but of course that is not within 10 days of Madeleine's disappearance. However, I think that within 10 days would be more accurate if O'Brien was still in Portugal at the time. I am not sure when he is supposed to have left, do you know?
I have mostly ready 28 kms but who knows? I think that the barn was in the vicinity not neccessarily at the exact spot. Just my take on it Tuba.

This article disturbs me I must say:
http://www.bbco.nl/hoos3.htm (scroll down for English)
That crematorium is in the vicinity it is written of where that call was placed. It is strange that a Polish couple with English accents were there. I know Polish people they speak with very definite broken English! The guy did not look in the bags! Gerry McCann seemed very sure they would never find a body!!!

The McCanns pretended to be Polish? :rolleyes:

Or maybe this is why the McCanns will be subjected to the rumored "idenity parade"?

Salem

I remember when this Dutch fellow's pet crematorium was investigated. I don't think he told the police about the couple he can't put out of his mind. His business was subsequently closed. With the many photos of Kate & Gerry McCann, I would think THOSE would be his best way of recognizing them or not. He needs to go over a collection of mug shots at the PJ.
Perhaps it was one of the other Tapas couples who were there or some aquaintances of Robert Murat. I cannot help but think that his previous aquaintance with the group is more than coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member