View Poll Results: Will the McCanns willingly go to Portugal, if requested?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - they will go

12 20.00%
  • No - they will use their fancy lawyer to fight extradition

48 80.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the McCanns Willing Go to Portugal?

Question Will the McCanns Willing Go to Portugal?

Okay - I'm starting a poll. Who thinks the McCanns will return to Portugal, if requested, without a fight?

Salem

No, I don't think they will go back voluntarily, they will fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    No, I don't think they will go back voluntarily, they will fight!
    Me too.

I think they will go back,why wouldnt they?

Why wouldn't they?

Maybe for the same reason the suddenly left after months of proclaiming they would never leave without Maddie.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    I think they will go kicking and screaming for their lives...probably the way poor Madeleine went.

I think the McCann's are responsible for Maddie's death, but I voted that they would go, if requested.

They refused to answer questions before, so why would they answer now? Then, too, the McCanns left ASAP after being named as suspects, so I don't think they'll willingly go.

Why hire a very famous (and expensive) lawyer that specializes in extradition cases if they would return willingly? Nope, I think they will fight it.

Even if it is simply because they feel that they are being "set-up" by the Portuguese Law Enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    I think they will go kicking and screaming for their lives...probably the way poor Madeleine went.

Hi, I think they got out of Portugal quite swiftly after they were made Arguidos. and hiring that fancy extradition lawyer tells me they won't go back without a fight as you say InterestedWoman. You can't believe anything they say as the truth, and the agreement they signed to return if needed is only so much paper IMO.

You know IW, I never thought of little Madeleine kicking and screaming like you say, but I think she got mad cause she wanted to go to the tennis court where her dad was, so you could be right, and they had to force her to take the Bennies.

I think with them sedating her she fought that, and getting a bit dopey by the minute ran out the patio door, tripped and fell down the steps with Kate and maybe Russell there when it happened around 6:30 to 7. They did find her blood out on those steps, and I think it is the only way it could get there.

xoxoxo Scandi

Quote Originally Posted by daffodil View Post
    I think they will go back,why wouldnt they?
    Let's see . . . fear of prison?

I voted that they will fight, fight, fight, and spin themselves as victims all the way. They will use every connection to stay in Great Britain, and they will have splinters under their fingernails when the police have to drag them off the front porch.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    Let's see . . . fear of prison?

I voted that they will fight, fight, fight, and spin themselves as victims all the way. They will use every connection to stay in Great Britain, and they will have splinters under their fingernails when the police have to drag them off the front porch.
    Meanwhile, months will elapse before they can be questioned in Portugal.

When they left, you couldn't see their heels for dust. I voted they won't go back willingly.

They'll go back willingly, but only if the Pope, Richard Branson, the Beckhams, and Mick Jagger are there to greet them at the airport.

That's exactly what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkhammer View Post
    They'll go back willingly, but only if the Pope, Richard Branson, the Beckhams, and Mick Jagger are there to greet them at the airport.
    AND Joanne K Rowling, Ben Affleck, the First Lady, and a book/film deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
    I think the book deal ($$$) would lure them the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    I think the book deal ($$$) would lure them the most.
    Trino, you could be right, some ppl will do just about anything for $$$ .

The McCanns are returning to Portugal?

HOLD YOUR BABIES CLOSE! --the late Patsy Ramsey

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Trino, you could be right, some ppl will do just about anything for $$$ .
    Yep...and murder being in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkhammer

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

There should be no need for rogatory letters to authorise further interviews with the Tapas 9. If they were concerned about Madeleine's fate, they would volunteer to assist the investigation in every way possible and return of their own free will. I think they will be dragged back, kicking and screaming. (Kate's fury!) If they use their extradition lawyer, then we will know, they have something to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Creepin View Post
    There should be no need for rogatory letters to authorise further interviews with the Tapas 9. If they were concerned about Madeleine's fate, they would volunteer to assist the investigation in every way possible and return of their own free will. I think they will be dragged back, kicking and screaming. (Kate's fury!) If they use their extradition lawyer, then we will know, they have something to hide.
    the police had Kate for 11 hours of very tough questioning - there was reports that she was threatened with the loss of the twins - they would be taken away from her - ( the PJ were trying to probably scare a confession )

now with that in mind - and if we can stretch here that she didnt kill her daughter - please just imagine it - would they be scared that they would perhaps be stung - they had lost one child , they didnt want to loose 3 ??

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Creepin View Post

So true, so true! What parent of a missing child refuses to give the investigating agencies all the information and help they can possibly give? Heck, these guys won't even answer all the questions. I understand the need and/or want to have the English LE involved because of language barriers, but I will never understand the failure to answer the questions.

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by gord View Post
    the police had Kate for 11 hours of very tough questioning - there was reports that she was threatened with the loss of the twins - they would be taken away from her - ( the PJ were trying to probably scare a confession )

now with that in mind - and if we can stretch here that she didnt kill her daughter - please just imagine it - would they be scared that they would perhaps be stung - they had lost one child , they didnt want to loose 3 ??
    Point is well-taken. However, they are on English soil now. Given the problems with the language, etc. why do they not just invite the PJ to England to finish the questioning? Why all the rigamarole with the letters and breauacracy (sp?)? Surely, if you wanted to sincerely help and you had a lawyer that is rumored to be as good as the one the McCanns hired, you could get around all that? And don't forget, Gerry has an "in" with the Prime Minister. In my mind, they could find a way to skip the "paperwork" and get down to the business of finding Maddie. While the McCanns (and the Tapas 7) talk alot about "cooperation to the fullest extent," there is no action.

As always, actions speak lounder than words and the McCanns' failure to act is screaming volumes.

Salem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast