FL FL - Michael Louis, 27, South Daytona, 21 Nov 2007

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ORMOND BEACH - A fisherman discovered a bag containing human remains -- including a severed foot and part of a leg -- at Tomoka State Park this morning and police are investigating.

Police said the fisherman found a plastic bag shortly after 9 a.m. on a steep bank of a swampy area near the Tomoka River Bridge and contacted authorities.

Ormond Beach police would not say how many bags have been discovered, but confirmed that there are other bags containing additional remains.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/newsjournalonline/breakingnews/remains120607.htm

DExter !!! .. j/k hopefully they find out what happened or whos dumping grounds it is .. the poor people

HOLY SH!!!! I know the assistant manger of this park!!!
I just totally yelled at hubby for not telling me the scoop on this!

I cant imagine what that poor fisherman thought when he found the first bag

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DExter !!! .....

That's exactly where my mind went, zadari! Glad someone else is as warped as I am.

And let me say again and with my deepest respect towards my fellow WSers who live there: What the heck is up with Florida? There just seems to be a disproportionate amount of lunatic murderous madness coming out of that state!

As Ive asked before: Is it possible to turn around in Florida without stumbling over human remains?
Im begining to seriously doubt it.

Identified

I wanted to post this because the reports said that the body was a male between 16-20. The man they identified was 27. That shows just how off they can be.

Identified

I wanted to post this because the reports said that the body was a male between 16-20. The man they identified was 27. That shows just how off they can be.
Exactly! That's why I often dont feel like trying to match up missing persons with descriptions of bodies found especially when often tips are ruled out based on an estimated age of the body found and not on any hard science.

From February 2011:

http://onlineathens.com/stories/020511/new_781149904.shtml#.VuNMtzZlm8o

Chief Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman told jurors in her opening statement that Gary Michael Hilton's own words - on a self-made video and in statements to police and a fellow inmate - also will help prove the drifter killed Cheryl Dunlap, a 46-year-old nurse from nearby Crawfordville...

Authorities suspect Hilton may be connected to the deaths an elderly couple, John and Irene Bryant, who disappeared in October 2007 during a hike in Pisgah National Forest near Brevard, N.C., and of 27-year-old Michael Scot Louis, who vanished a month later in Ormond Beach, Fla. Louis also was decapitated. Hilton has not been charged in those cases.

7/15/2019

Crimes of Serial Killer Gary Michael Hilton
Other Possible Victims
Hilton is believed to have killed Rossana Miliani, 26 and Michael Scot Louis, 27, among others. On December 7, 2005, Rossana Miliani disappeared while hiking in Bryson City. A shopkeeper told the police that Miliani, who appeared very nervous, came into her store with an older man who looked to be in his sixties. The witness reported that they purchased clothing and that the man told her he was a traveling preacher. It was later learned that Hilton had stolen Miliani's bank card and was trying to use it. Miliani was beaten to death but Hilton was not charged.

On December 6, 2007, the decapitated and dismembered body of Michael Scot Louis was found in Tomoka State Park near Ormond Beach, Florida.

6/7/2009

Police seek DNA link to murder victim Michael Scot Louis of Port Orange

Investigators in Ormond Beach are hoping a piece of DNA evidence they’ve sent to a California lab might link a suspected serial killer to a South Daytona man whose body parts were found in the Tomoka River.

The two cases are similar to Michael Scot Louis’, whose torso and legs were discovered Dec. 6 in black plastic bags on the banks of the Tomoka River inside Tomoka State Park. The 27-year-old Louis of South Daytona was also decapitated, and his head has never been found.

Louis’ stepfather, Joseph Provenzano, is hoping for the same thing.

Provenzano said the “not knowing” in this case has been extremely frustrating for him and his wife. Provenzano said he knew police sent DNA evidence to California and were waiting for the results.

He does not doubt the killer could be Hilton, but he is still puzzled as to how Hilton -- if he is Louis’ murderer -- targeted his stepson in late November 2007.

Provenzano said Louis’ Firebird was found in the parking lot of his apartment complex in South Daytona. The keys were still in the ignition, but the car was a considerable distance from Louis’ apartment.

“He loved his car, and there is no way he would have left it that far from his apartment,” Provenzano said Tuesday. “This distance where the car was found from his apartment was like the length of a football field.”

Louis’ unwashed laundry and two guitars were inside the car, Provenzano said, and those items have since been returned to the family. The car, however, remains with police.

Earlier this week, Ormond Beach police Sgt. Jaime Gogarty said Hilton is a person of interest in the Louis case, and he’s hoping the evidence sent out west will match the killer’s DNA.

1/23/2018

Michael scot louis — Mysterious Stories Blog — StrangeOutdoors.com

The torso and legs of Michael Scot Louis, 27, of South Daytona, were discovered on December 6th, 2007 in black plastic bags on the banks of the Tomoka River inside Tomoka State Park. His head has never been found.

Michael's Firebird was found in the parking lot of his apartment complex in South Daytona. The keys were still in the ignition, but the car was a considerable distance from Louis’ apartment, "the length of a football field.”

Louis’ unwashed laundry and two guitars were inside the car. The authorities had a suspicion that Hilton committed the crime but he was not charged.

Ohhhhh. DNA ruled out the serial killer!!! This chick is crazy!
1/23/2018

Nelci Tetley: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Nelci Tetley, 67, of Daytona Beach, was arrested earlier this month in connection with the death and dismemberment of her 55-year-old boyfriend, Jeffrey Albertsman. The The Washington Post reports that Tetley is also a person of interest in the 10-year-old cold case involving the death of Michael Scot Louis, Tetley’s former boyfriend.

WCTV reports that investigators believed that Louis may have been the victim of a serial killer, Gary Michael Hilton. Hilton was charged with the slaying of Cheryl Dunlap, a Sunday school teacher from central Florida. Hilton was eventually ruled out as a suspect after DNA testing was completed.

1/22/2018

https://nypost.com/2018/01/22/suspect-in-boyfriends-dismembering-may-be-linked-to-another-cold-case/

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — Authorities in Florida say a woman arrested for killing and dismembering her ex-boyfriend may be linked to another, 10-year-old case.

The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports that 67-year-old Nelci Tetley is a person of interest in the 2007 case of Michael Scot Louis, whose chopped-up body was found in garbage bags along the Tomoka River.

Tetley was arrested Thursday and charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of 55-year-old Jeffrey Albertsman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbtgurlz
Back