Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: PA - Philadelphia - "Boy in the Box" / America's Unknown Child, 1957

The anniversary of when this little one was found is coming up.Are they or anyone going to have a vigil for him this year?Are they going to run a newspaper article on him at least to try and generate leads.Do something.Anything.This case is not too cold.Someone knows who this little boy is.I will not give up on this little boy.He deserves so much better than this.He deserves his name.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

From the America's unknown boy website

Does any one know who these people were who lived in oxford circle.

<modsnip>

In August 2000, while searching through the original case files, Vidocq Society investigators, Bill Kelly and Joseph McGillen, discovered an index card confirming that in March, 1957 the lead about the hasty overnight departure of a mysterious tenant family in the Oxford Circle area had been provided to the Philadelphia police. The card also bore the name of a female neighbor whom police had interviewed after getting that tip. The neighbor had babysat for the tenant family during the short time they lived in the neighborhood. She testified that there was a young boy in that family, but he was only 2-1/2 years old at the time (rather than the unknown boy's estimated age of 4 or 5), and that he bore no resemblance to the unknown boy in the box. There was a reference number on the index card to a page number in one of the master books containing the actual interview with the neighbor, but the Vidocq investigators were unable to locate the specific report. However, the brief information on the index card provided sufficient evidence that the lead was checked out in 1957 and found to be of no value in the case.

http://americasunknownchild.net/

I think this lead makes the most sense to me.It was not far from where he was found.They were there about 9 months.Out of town family.Not many people probably knew them.The children were probably born somewhere else.But I feel the new baby if there was one was possibly born around there somewhere.I feel they should look into this again or someone should.
    Last edited by Kimster; 01-24-2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: added link, snipped for copyright - much more information at link

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

I stumbled across this thread the other day, and it's got me hooked. I wonder, has anyone explored the possibility that the bruising on this child was the result of a clumsy attempt at restraint during a grand mal seizure? The bruising on his chest and upper arms could have been from someone sitting on him and holding his arms - likewise, the fact that almost all of the bruising is on his lower legs makes me think that this may have been someone trying to hold him down.

I understand that he actually died of head injuries - head injuries are not uncommon in people who have seizures. As far as I can tell, the autopsy report is not available, but I'd be interested to know if there is any evidence of posterior dislocations of the shoulders, or limb fractures.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsWeatherwax For This Useful Post:

Punishment from running away from orphan: the nuns cut all your hair off
    why would someone need an incision on ankle: because they are hypovolemic
    what causes hypovolemia: blood loss, dehydrated, severe vomiting, severe diarrhea.
    (hypovolemia is brought on by SALT depletion, differs from dehydration)
    a blow to the stomache can cause acute pancreatitis.
    a hemmorrage in the intestines would need surgical repair & fluids.
    dye in the eye can check blood vessels
    the skin would appear extremely pale
    was the boy Swedish? Karolinska hospital had 1 doctor that invented the groin incision for checking the heart, Seldinger Technique
    this same hospital had a doctor that won a nobel prize for eye research on cats.
    the eye doctor came over to the US in 1955. He then went to work with a doctor from Quebec Canada & furthered their eye research on cats.
    Was wondering if maybe the boy was a Swedish immigrant that had perhaps been at the Karolinska hospital at one time? Was he then put in a Canadian Orphanage?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cindee70 For This Useful Post:

I believe the "M" story was a hoax. I read old newspaper accounts of this case and the lady could have gotten every single one of those details from the newspaper accounts.
    the newspaper accounts also say the boy had.... Brown Hair.
    The doe network says hair is Brown, light Brown , or Blonde
    I believe his hair was brown.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cindee70 For This Useful Post:

if he was a runaway from an orphanage, & was getting the usual punishment of getting his hair cut off, he was probably fighting whoever was cutting it, leaving the fingerprint bruising on the head, & causing the "hurried" haircut look.
    where ever he was sounds like another "Pennhurst".
    Some body is covering up orphanage abuse.
    Where are the Doctors that worked at the orphanages.
    I'm sure there are too many orphanages to check....
    Abuse was commonplace, all you have to do is read the stories of children who went to some of the orphanages in Pittsburgh.
    One lady says that one Nun liked to slam kids heads in the wall if they were misbehaving, so her little brother ended up having seizures because of it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cindee70 For This Useful Post:

I'll repost this again.

The anniversary of when this little one was found is coming up tommorrow.Are they or anyone going to have a vigil for him this year?Are they going to run a newspaper article on him at least to try and generate leads.Do something.Anything.This case is not too cold.Someone knows who this little boy is.I will not give up on this little boy.He deserves so much better than this.He deserves his name.I pray they find out who he is very soon.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

Please do not forget about this sweet little boy..Someone knows who this little boy is.

More at the link

http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2...5-years-2.html

The Boy in the Box: Still Unsolved After 55 Years
    By: Jeff Nilsson

Philadelphia police search the field where the box, and boy, were found.

This month marks the 55th anniversary of one of America’s great unsolved crimes. We say ‘month’ because no one has ever known the exact date. We don’t even know who the victim was.

He is referred to as “The Boy in the Box,” and his death continues to haunt people because there is so much we still don’t know. Over five decades of inquiry, we still don’t know why this boy was beaten to death. Or why the evidence didn’t offer a single, good lead. Or how a child could disappear without anyone noticing.

As the Post reported it, the case didn’t appear so baffling at first. The crime scene—an empty field beside a country road near Philadelphia—offered several promising pieces of evidence.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

Unbelievably frustrating. I wish I could think of something useful to do, but I can't. I do think that there are people out there who know who this boy is, but are too scared to come forward.

You never know, though.
    "It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a halfbrick in the path of the bicycle of history" - Terry Pratchett

bumping
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

"We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

Quote Originally Posted by MsWeatherwax View Post
    Unbelievably frustrating. I wish I could think of something useful to do, but I can't. I do think that there are people out there who know who this boy is, but are too scared to come forward.

You never know, though.
    Philadelphia People were living as adult in 1957, is now either 73+ yr old living somewhere or been deceased for awhile. Most were not into computer savvy nor modern technology stuffs. They won't aware of the UID boy unless the city PD writes an article & photo about him in today newspapers for the effort to ID him.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KLCD620 For This Useful Post:

I'm pretty convinced if there was a boy 12 to 14 years old (and I do believe strongly it was a boy not a girl) with a woman seen near the car of where this little boy in the box was found that he is alive today and knows very well of what happened.Please give him his name please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Suzanne View Post
    I'm pretty convinced if there was a boy 12 to 14 years old (and I do believe strongly it was a boy not a girl) with a woman seen near the car of where this little boy in the box was found that he is alive today and knows very well of what happened.Please give him his name please.
    In their late 60's though. I suppose it's possible that someone might make a death-bed 'confession', although I think it's improbable that the person actually responsible for his death is still alive.
    "It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a halfbrick in the path of the bicycle of history" - Terry Pratchett

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MsWeatherwax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Suzanne View Post
    Please do not forget about this sweet little boy..Someone knows who this little boy is.

More at the link

http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2...5-years-2.html

The Boy in the Box: Still Unsolved After 55 Years
    By: Jeff Nilsson

Philadelphia police search the field where the box, and boy, were found.

This month marks the 55th anniversary of one of America’s great unsolved crimes. We say ‘month’ because no one has ever known the exact date. We don’t even know who the victim was.

He is referred to as “The Boy in the Box,” and his death continues to haunt people because there is so much we still don’t know. Over five decades of inquiry, we still don’t know why this boy was beaten to death. Or why the evidence didn’t offer a single, good lead. Or how a child could disappear without anyone noticing.

As the Post reported it, the case didn’t appear so baffling at first. The crime scene—an empty field beside a country road near Philadelphia—offered several promising pieces of evidence.
    If he had lived he would be what, 59 or 60 years old now. He would probably have had a wife and kids. His children would have been adults by now. He probably would have had grandkids.

Does anyone out there wonder what his children would have looked like? Do they wonder what he would have done with his life... if he had lived? How many children would he have had and how many grandkids?

In his lifetime would he have mentored a child, helped an elderly person or given blood? How about his children, what would they have accomplished? What did the world lose when they lost this child?

When a child dies it is more than the loss of a person. It is the loss of possibilities. Perhaps he would have become a researcher and would have found a cure for AIDS. Or perhaps he would have run into a burning building and saved a child. Perhaps he could have been the one who was meant to reach out to a troubled child and help to guide them to a better path. Perhaps he would have been a good father and grandfather. Now we will never know.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

I had the honor of visiting his little grave recently. I sat on the white bench and talked to him and prayed in Jesus's name again he will get his name. It was very moving and very special to me. There were toys and a car on his grave site. I put a cloth rose in the ground for him.It feels good for me to know people have not forgot him. I promised him I will never quit looking for who he is. I asked him who are you? What do you want me to do to find out who you are? Show me or someone the way. It is time. He needs his real name on his grave. But he needs the truth also.He does deserve that. I promised him I will never quit looking for who he is.

27. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

LOVE this ms suzanne thanks for sharing!
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

"We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother

29. The Following User Says Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post:

Does anyone have information on the girl's school located near the site? Could the boy had been passed as a girl and taken to that school?

I feel he changed custody(care takers) and was killed the day or the day before he got there.A Dr apparently had checked his eye for an some kind of ailment.I feel maybe he was given up for adoption a few days before he was found or taken away him (siblings)removed from the home by child welare DHS.Maybe he was one of the ones waiting to be placed in a state run institution.I think they focused on possibly the wrong foster home.What foster homes,Childrens homes were not far from where the bassinet was bought that took babies and children?I do feel there was a cover up of some sort by someone.There is probably relinquishment papers or a police incident report somewhere possibly in one of the counties in pennsylvania.Possibly new jersey or somewhere.I have always felt very strongly the answer of who this little boy is will be found in the legal or courthouse records and in newspaper microfilm.Has any one checked or will check this.
    Last edited by Ms Suzanne; 04-01-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: add

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

If I can please reword that.I feel this little boy changed care takers and died that day or the day before when he got there or someone came to stay with him.

I just heard of this case recently. It has been 55 years and he is still unidentified despite media attention. Makes me wonder why none of his family member or relatives have been identified and named. If he is in foster care, I suspect he was given up for adoption and possibly his parents were rather young. I wonder if he had any siblings or if anyone knew him. Wonder why they have not come forward either.

Looks like he was murdered by someone. The question is who. The killer is likely dead.
    Last edited by HMSHood; 04-02-2012 at 11:57 PM.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:

I'm thinking the family either knew he was put up for adoption or taken away from the state or something or told he died or....The whole family at the time covered up for who ever did it.Younger family members wouldn't know.But may have heard something.Either way I strongly believe who ever killed this sweet little boy it is someones deep dark secret.That's sad.
    He deserves his name.

Yes, he deserves a name, justice, the truth to be told...but he at least deserves a name at the very least!!!!
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

38. The Following User Says Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post:

These people have always been my number one persons I think who know who the boy in the box is.

David stouts book said the boy in the picture they found at the farm was related to one of the people staying at the farm.The book never said which person the boy in the picture was related to.I would really like to know.If someone can find out who the boy in the picture was.I feel he may be the boy in the box.

Something serious was going on to have police commissioner,District attorney and the state police there.

At the scene of the raid with DiJoseph were Police Commissioner Thomas J. Gibbons, Homicide Squad Capt. David H. Roberts, State Police Lt. George Sawyer and squads of plainclothesmen and uniformed officers.

Why was all this kept such a secret.

More at the link.

http://americasunknownchild.net/Arch...ext.html#fourq

The Horsham suspects

4 Questioned In Murder of Boy Found in Carton

Archives-text page 5
    americasunknownchild.net
    A mass raid Thursday night on a farm near Horsham netted four persons who were questioned until 4 A.M. yesterday about the murder of an unidentified boy whose body was found in a cardboard box last February in Fox Chase.

There was a man in his 20's also questioned.He is not in the picture.I wonder why.
    Last edited by Ms Suzanne; 04-04-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Wow, somehow I've never seen that site before. That's all really interesting...I wonder if there's any way to find out who the occupants of that house were?

41. The Following User Says Thank You to MsWeatherwax For This Useful Post:

I feel more recent publicity needs to please happen for this sweet little boy. I honestly feel someone needs to re investigate this unidentified little boys case again. Someone knows who he is. I pray someone else will very seriously look into his case again.Someone, ANYONE that will finally get the answers to who this sweet little boy is. He deserves a whole lot better than this.
    Last edited by Ms Suzanne; 04-11-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast