Pres Bush gives out wrong hotline number!

Ah, well...guess the teleprompter got ahead of him...
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/12/07/bush-gives-out-wrong-hotline-number/

Please check the article before calling the phone number the president recited!

I guess the speech writer mis-transcribed the number to the speech; or he could have misread it.

Since people probably do the dialing for him most of the time; he probably didn't know there were 888 - toll free #'s.

For once it wasn't intentional.....:D

Well, at least it wasn't a sex line!
When I worked at Sears, one of the managers gave out our appliance help-line # as a 1-800 instead of 1-888 during a sales meeting. (He was in a hurry.) The lady called back minutes later and REAMED HIM OUT!
:D

Well, at least it wasn't a sex line!
When I worked at Sears, one of the managers gave out our appliance help-line # as a 1-800 instead of 1-888 during a sales meeting. (He was in a hurry.) The lady called back minutes later and REAMED HIM OUT!
:D

:eek: just what ya don't need...

But then again, some people will find a way to reach the prez himself:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316294,00.html

When Vífill Atlason, a 16-year-old high school student from Iceland, decided to call the White House, he could not imagine the kind of publicity it would bring.

[snip]

.....Atlason found President George W. Bush's allegedly secret telephone number and phoned, requesting a private meeting with him.

[snip]

"The police chief said they were under orders from U.S. officials to "find the leak" -- that I had to tell them where I had found the number," he said. "Otherwise, I would be banned from ever entering the United States."
Vífill claims he cannot remember where he got the number.

Why couldn't it have been me???!!! I have a few things I would love to ask him...lol...

:laugh:
For once it wasn't intentional.....:D

i have a calendar...it's called "Out of Office Countdown"...2001, on this day, at the annual White House lighting of the menorah, Bush said "I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama Bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah"

:doh: :rolleyes: :waitasec: :hand:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316294,00.html

When Vífill Atlason, a 16-year-old high school student from Iceland, decided to call the White House, he could not imagine the kind of publicity it would bring.

[snip]

"The police chief said they were under orders from U.S. officials to "find the leak" -- that I had to tell them where I had found the number," he said. "Otherwise, I would be banned from ever entering the United States."

In today’s briefing, Dana Perino denied the boy dialed a secret Bush phone number.
“My understanding is that he called the public line that anybody can call, the 1414 number,” she said.

In today’s briefing, Dana Perino denied the boy dialed a secret Bush phone number.

That was also mentioned in the link I posted, but the kid and his mom are denying that, and ITA.

A White House official, who asked not to be identified, denied the young man had accessed a private number but instead dialled 202-456-1414, the main switchboard for the West Wing.
Vífill's mother, Harpa Hreinsdottir, a teacher at the local high school, said her son did, in fact, get through to a private phone.
"This was not a switchboard number of any kind," she told ABC News, "it was a secret number at the highest security level."

Why would they threaten to put him on the no-fly list if he wouldn't tell them where he got the number, if he only called the West Wing switchboard? :hand:

Here's a theory on how he could have gotten the number: from the Ellen DeGeneres show. http://www.postchronicle.com/news/strange/article_212118578.shtml

Encouraging her guest to call the president, DeGeneres covered the phone with her hands to protect the private number as Jenna Bush dialed and joked, I'm not going to get anything I asked for for Christmas.
The number appears to be 216.401.5189 and you can tell this by how she dials, look closely below.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back