'Hanukkah hams' --Oops! *merged threads*

My mother and I could not stop laughing about this. We are Jewish and don't find it offensive just hysterical. It obviously was not done out of meaness but out of ignorance. For petes sake there is nothing to sue about here. Everyone should just laugh and learn from it, lol.

mjak

Well, a couple of years ago Hanukkah fell on Christmas. Since we celebrate both holidays, we had "Chrismukkah" complete with ham (for hubby's side of the family) and latkes. We had a Christmas tree and lit the Hanukkah candles. Everyone got presents! A good time was had by all.

Now that is a cool way to celebrate the 2 together, Linas!

I saw this on the news... it was good to see that the lady that snapped the picture wasn't offended by it, but found it funny. Flubs happen... I hope the poor stock guy that put the sign up didn't lose his job.

well, that is worse than the "star of david" homemade ordaments i saw on the christmas tree at cracker barrell the other day.
i was personally like... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha; sometimes it depends on how Orthodox they are; my husband actually ate ham; but when I started ordering those Honeybaked hams alot when the children were young for convenience; he finally said"

"Enough ham already!!!!!" I love to make leftover ham salad and all that. Usually, if in question I just ask people if they like ham or not.

That Star of David on the Xmas tree is funny; I bet most people don't even notice. I love the Star of David myself; think it's beautiful, and I'm Christian.

My husband and I enjoy sharing aspects of each other's religion, and we just go with the flow. We're obviously not orthodox in either religion.

Well, a couple of years ago Hanukkah fell on Christmas. Since we celebrate both holidays, we had "Chrismukkah" complete with ham (for hubby's side of the family) and latkes. We had a Christmas tree and lit the Hanukkah candles. Everyone got presents! A good time was had by all.
LinasK, my ex was Jewish. I did not have a tree for a couple of years after we got married. His mother took my ex out shopping and came back to our house with a tree and tons of decorations. She had a ball doing that for me. I will always remember her generosity, kind heart, home-made chopped liver, sweet and sour cabbage rolls and Hanukkah gifts wrapped in Santa Claus paper.

I don't keep kosher. I'm a Jew who eats bacon and sausage, and I've started eating ham. (Shhhh, don't tell my kosher relatives...);)
Marrying a Christian was my excuse to have a Christmas tree to decorate- yes it's fun that Jews miss out on. I do have a Star of David ornament that I hand-stitched on my tree.

That's amazing that it could happen in NYC! :crazy:

I have a Jewish friend in NY, and when we were in college he would eat ham sandwiches (don't tell his father!) - in fact he loved them. He probably ate bacon, too, but he wasn't the most devout Jew in the world, for sure.

But a Hannukah Ham! :clap: The ultimate holiday faux pas!

Maybe if the Jewish people don't buy it during Hanukkah, they can market it for the Muslim folks at Ramadan?

I don't keep kosher. I'm a Jew who eats bacon and sausage, and I've started eating ham. (Shhhh, don't tell my kosher relatives...);)
Marrying a Christian was my excuse to have a Christmas tree to decorate- yes it's fun that Jews miss out on. I do have a Star of David ornament that I hand-stitched on my tree.

My husband cooks eggs and Canadian bacon some mornings.

Maybe Canadian hams are different. :)

A Jewish friend of mine once explained that he loves a good ham sandwich now and then but would NEVER EVER wash it down with a glass of milk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back