Man Arrested for Being an A$$

LP Moderator

Former Member
Reaction score
Chicago-area man got arrested Monday for asking too many questions aboard a commercial flight.

Flying from O'Hare International Airport to Washington, D.C., Jeffrey Samuel Silverman allegedly asked a flight attendant to identify the federal air marshals (search) on board, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

The attendant refused, but that apparently didn't satisfy the demanding passenger.

About 45 minutes before the American Airlines flight landed, Silverman allegedly stood up, walked to the front of the cabin and started pointing at passengers, judging each on his or her merits as a potential air marshal.

Silverman ruled out at least one passenger as "too fat" for the job.

Without disclosing his or her identity, a real air marshal had the pilot arrange for cops to be waiting when the plane touched down at Reagan International Airport.

Silverman was charged with interfering with a flight attendant through assault or intimidation and ordered to appear next Monday in federal court.

The FBI found no reason to believe Silverman was drunk. He had his own explanation for his shenanigans.

"I'm just an [expletive]," he allegedly told the FBI. "What can I tell you?"

www.foxnews.com

glad these don't happen on my flights :)
Although I have to say I've wanted to be an [expletive] many times when leaving that Chicago airport! I hate that place! It brings out the worst in us all! :)

You know... I would have thought the passengers would storm the guy and beat the crap out of him... air travel will never be the same again... passengers won't sit back and leave it up to fate anymore.

I was under the impression that the Air Marshalls were uniformed and made their presence known to the passengers.

I was under the impression that the Air Marshalls were uniformed and made their presence known to the passengers.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I also thought they were armed, so wouldn't it be kinda obvious?

In another note, my dad used to be a miltary courier and he was armed through the airport but had to give up his weapon to a flight attendant on boarding the plane. I always wondered where they put it during the flight. Do they still do this sort of thing?

I don't think they carry M-16s, so it should be pretty easy to conceal a handgun in their jackets.

The Air Marshalls are undercover. They aren't supposed to help with unruly passengers etc. only terror related things like attempted hijackings etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back