Cougar nearly joins SD woman in hot tub

Dark Knight

Reaction score
A relaxing soak in a hot tub came to an abrupt end when Marlene Todd came eye to eye with a mountain lion in her backyard.

"I was kind of hidden, sitting with my back up against the side of the tub, and I heard a little rustling sound in the needles right beside me," she said.

Todd said she thought it might have been her house cat until she saw "this big, tan, hairy body" just 4 inches away.

"I didn't realize what it was until it took a leap and jumped up on the side of my hot tub," Todd said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071209...r&printer=1;_ylt=AoDBw7TChfYFTqBT0x5zVx0uQE4F

Well, she got lucky, didn't she? I probably would have had a heart attack and drowned. :eek:

Here I thought this was just another reality show title.

I would had to change my trunks for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I LOVE this quote from her:
"Now I know what a goldfish feels like when the cat is staring in its bowl," Todd said.
:D

How cool! I would have loved it......here kitty kitty:crazy:

I think it is a beautiful story! Most wild animals are afraid of humans and with good reason. This was a lone cougar; no safety in numbers with a pack or anything.. I think i would have been in awe..

Hey I meant it nice!

35FUNNY.gif

I love cats.... :eek:

I think it is a beautiful story! Most wild animals are afraid of humans and with good reason. This was a lone cougar; no safety in numbers with a pack or anything.. I think i would have been in awe..

Cougars don't travel in packs and are solitary hunters. And they have an infamous history of attacking humans if they are hungry enough. Fortunately for her, he wasn't. The hot water may have also kept him from wanting to attack. Praise the Lord she was OK, either way.

:eek: Scary!!!

Lucky lady!

You and me both. I'd have been shooken up later on, maybe, but at the moment I'd be "IN" the moment and just facinated at the animal up close like that. I would have felt so lucky to be that close to it's beauty. Only after everyone said how close I came to being hurt would I maybe think that "yeah, that was probably not safe." :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back