NY - Tkai Marcelle, 3, beaten to death, Brooklyn, 5 Dec 2007

I never understood why these jerks think beating and burning a child quiets them down so they can watch tv. Well, I guess it works when they die.

:( I can't even imagine what those other children have gone through as well. I hope this is their best Christmas ever.

RIP, little Tkai.

This explains a little more:
http://www.newsday.com/services/new.../news/ny-nybaby085493011dec08,0,5992318.story
Walter Miller of Brownsville, who has a common-law partnership with Rodney's mother, Elsa Rodney, said they learned about Tkai's death from news reports. After unsuccessful calls to the home, Jillian Rodney, who is known as "Pinky," called them early Friday morning after she was released by police after being taken in for questioning, Miller said. He said Jillian Rodney had "called crying" saying that Marcelle had hit Tkai.

Miller said he did not know where Jillian Rodney was staying but believed she was with family members. Elsa Rodney had no comment about the Tkai's death, only saying the girl is "not my daughter's child."

This also from the article:
Marcelle had abused Tkai on other occasions, including eight days ago when he burned the girl by pouring hot water on her feet in the bathtub because she had defecated on herself, sources said. He did not seek medical attention for her, they said.

Along with Tkai, Marcelle lived in the home with Jillian Rodney, 23, and their three children. The children, ages 4, 3 and 2 months, were taken into custody by the Administration for Children's Services. (more at link)

:( Wonder where Tkai's mommy is.

I have been looking through all of their slide slideshows and photos at their slide accounts, and haven't seen any photos of tkai, but in this one photo their is an unidentified little girl behind the mom and her 2 girls hugging.

If this is Tkai, then that shows probably how she was treated...like an outcast. If you click on this link and look at the 7th photo I think you can see a little girl behind the mom and 2 girls.

http://www.slide.com/r/-GHaER8U0T-zl8yEwzYyjn0YYXhlBSAj?view=large

Kel

someone needs to insert that cane thru his digestive system.

And then burn his at a stake in the town square. This just makes me sick. What is wrong with people that they would do something so horrible to a tiny child. Just to think how that little girl suffered makes me want to kill him with my bare hands.

This guy needs to die slowly !!!!!!

This make me sick what goes on in peoples minds ?

So Tkai was his and not hers? So she was punished for that, it sounds like from everybody, whether through abuse or neglect. The other children seemed loved and well-cared for. Tkai would have probably been better off in foster care.

I wish we could see a picture of her...

Seeing these myspaces makes it so much worse for me, for one there are no pictures of this poor little girl which says a lot. They were very proud of the other kids but what about her? What did she do to deserve this! My heart is completely broken for this baby.

I hope he suffers also. Why didn't she get to dress up for Halloween. Why was she never in pictures? This makes me so mad I want to cry for this poor little baby. I want him to be burned so badly but let him live and suffer with the burns until they fester and he dies of infection.:furious:

Where does this begin to go wrong? The first question that begs to be answered, is where is Tkai's mother? I haven't seen any mention of her at all! Then, the second question that nees to be answered should be asked of Jillian, aka "Pinky". How can you have an ounce of goodness in our soul....one tiny little ounce.....and ostracize a child like Tkai? This is like a ghetto version of the Cinderella story, except a prince will never come into the picture. It is the exact opposite of a fairy tale; it is a horror story; complete with a wicked step-mother, and a monster that lived in that home. I hope Jillian doesn't get their kids back. They do not deserve to be raised by a woman with values that would allow another little girl in her care to be burned and beaten to death. :furious:

Yes, I wonder about Jillian's part in Tkai's abuse too. If she stood by and let him do it (or participated herself) she deserves prison too, and loss of her children.

In one of the slideshow's there are 2 pics of "Jayden" with RIP on them. He's definitely a newborn in the pics. I wonder what happened to him and when.

Poor Tkai. She's wrapped in loving arms now though.

I'm thinking she had twin boy's..preemies, and one didn't make it. When I looked at her my space last nite, I noticed condolences last Oct.
I'm not sure, of course, but it's what I think at the moment.

I'm thinking she had twin boy's..preemies, and one didn't make it. When I looked at her my space last nite, I noticed condolences last Oct.
I'm not sure, of course, but it's what I think at the moment.

That seems to make sense as the one pic he had a tube in his little mouth. Poor thing.

ohhhh ok I was about to say how weird that would be.

I have been looking through all of their slide slideshows and photos at their slide accounts, and haven't seen any photos of tkai, but in this one photo their is an unidentified little girl behind the mom and her 2 girls hugging.

If this is Tkai, then that shows probably how she was treated...like an outcast. If you click on this link and look at the 7th photo I think you can see a little girl behind the mom and 2 girls.

http://www.slide.com/r/-GHaER8U0T-zl8yEwzYyjn0YYXhlBSAj?view=large

Kel

I see what you mean, OMG, my heart breaks for this sweet baby. Where was Jillian the stepmonster when Marcelle burned Tkai's? I cannot believe this woman would stand by and allow this to happen to a child in her home, but it's obvious she did, she is just as guilty as he is!

Seeing these myspaces makes it so much worse for me, for one there are no pictures of this poor little girl which says a lot. They were very proud of the other kids but what about her? What did she do to deserve this! My heart is completely broken for this baby.

Exactly. I am burning :furious: after looking at their myspaces. There are AT LEAST half a dozen slidehsows between both of their pages with TONS of pictures of "their" kids but none of Tkai. I could even look past the stepmoms page having none of her but her own father has a lot of his other kids but none of her. According to the newspaper articel she lived there with all of his other kids. Birthday parties, pictures titled "My Family", pictures with exact ages of the kids posted so proudly. How is it that out of all of the slideshows she is the only child that is in NONE of them?

I hope that the stepmom does face some kind of responsibility for what happened to her. Sickening that a mother that seems like she dotes on her own children could allow that to happen to a child and it makes me wonder how fit she will be as a parent when her own children are not so cute anymore and/or dissapoint her or their daddy. Thats all I should probably say :( ....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back