741 users online (86 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MO - Timothy Krajcir, Cape Girardeau, 1970's - 80's

FIVE COLD CASES SOLVED!!! (Cape Girardeau, MO)
    Cape Authorities to Charge One Man in Five Unsolved Homicides
    By: Kathy Sweeney
    Authorities in Cape Girardeau County are set to make a stunning announcement today in connection with five unsolved homicides dating back to the late 1970's and early 1980's. At a news conference planned for 2:00 this afternoon, they will announce charges against a single suspect in connection with all five deaths. The announcement will be made by Cape Girardeau Police Chief Carl Kinnison and Cape Girardeau County Prosecutor Morley Swingle. Kinnison and Swingle will be joined by members of various agencies including their own who helped make the announcement possible.

more at link

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=7462592

Wow - I haven't had time to search to see if we have threads on any of the victims which are

Mary Parsh
    Brenda Parsh
    Sheila Cole
    Margie Call
    Mildred Wallace

I didn't know whether to put this here on in Cold Cases, so I did both.

That's awesome! Can't wait to hear more. I did a quick search and apparently there's a poster here (Moon) who went to school with Brenda Parsch... not seen since 07-31-2007 though. Here's a thread where three of these girls/women were mentioned: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ildred+Wallace

Where was Droopy... um, I mean DrewP?

Thanks, Janet. I thought there might well be, but, I guess in my excitement over this, I didn't want to wait and then was having trouble cause I wanted to find one and then come back and post it.

My husband and I had just moved to Cape in June of '77...the murders had the town on edge...especially ladies who lived alone...there really wasn't much information given out at the time. There was one other murder of a live alone lady, about the same time but it was solved...sure will be great to have these solved...Brenda was in college at SEMO the same time I was...she was really pretty...

The news coverage just gave the name of a man from Carbondale Il...he has admitted to killing 9 women...5 in Cape...

Quote Originally Posted by roselady31 View Post
    My husband and I had just moved to Cape in June of '77...the murders had the town on edge...especially ladies who lived alone...there really wasn't much information given out at the time. There was one other murder of a live alone lady, about the same time but it was solved...sure will be great to have these solved...Brenda was in college at SEMO the same time I was...she was really pretty...
    WOW. All very interesting. Hopefully this will bring closure for many. Unfortunate many wounds will be reopened first, IMO. Prayers for all involved.

Timothy Krajcir

Also was in the news for a cold case in Illinois that was cracked in the past week.
    Possibly nine victims so far.

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1296541.html

Good GOD, Krajcir started early. The following is from the 8/26/1963 of the Connellsville, PA Daily Courier, an article titled "Penn Sailor Faces Penitentiary Term":
    An 18-year-old sailor, who was told "you should be removed from society," was under a sentence of 25-50 years in the state penitentiary here for raping a suburban housewife.

Timonthy W. Krajcir. Ironton, Pa., a cook at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center, had pleaded guilty to raping a 21-year-old mother of three children in her home Feb. 28...
    First convicted 44 years ago. Why was he ever out at all? Sounds like he was a Joseph Edward Duncan before there was a Duncan -- a convicted sex offender attending college and killing still.

Steve/Mr. A

Thank you for the story and the links-wow what a conclusion to many years of heartache for the victims families!

Quote Originally Posted by misterallgood View Post
    An 18-year-old sailor, who was told "you should be removed from society," was under a sentence of 25-50 years in the state penitentiary here for raping a suburban housewife.
    Whover told him that sure was right on....

Here's a picture of the guy: http://www.semissourian.com/story/1296536.html

Then I bet we are looking at a lot more than just 5 cold cases.

When looking at this guy as a serial killer note how many different types/ages of the victims. I think profilers tend to stay with one profile and fail to link other acts to one killer. Very scary indeed!

two of the crimes he was linked to happened in the same year, right? I bet he is far more prolific than the 5-9 cases...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast