1111 users online (252 members and 859 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nun reels off list of banned curse words!!!!

Nun reels off list of banned curse words
    Sister Kathy Avery won't put up with swearing on the playground at her school, and she's not above repeating the offending language to make sure everyone understands which words she won't tolerate.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22179259/from/ET/

Well i guess they have no excuses now do they! This made me laugh.

I heard this earlier and laughed too. Good for the nun. I wonder if it will work? lol

I thought this was way cool. Reminded me of what a woman I worked with told me about when her DD was little. You know when kids go through the phase of saying bad words.... well her DD wouldn't stop, so she had her repeat it so many times the girl got sick of it and never said them again.

I think this is the best strategy ever.

Even though I can think of objections from parents... I know our DD doesn't know a lot of bad words and some might shock her and actually teach her these words (not that she would use them but no more ignorance for her then). But IMO the positive effects of this far outweigh the negative.

She banned the words stupid and boring???
    OH just give her a ruler to smack them with and be done with it.

She sounds like a control freak to me.

Hmm, I don't like my kids saying "stupid" and "boring" either. I don't think I'm a control freak! I don't think so anyway...

I don't know if she is a control freak or just tierd of hearing the words stupid and boring. I know my daughter has a thing about the word dumb. Everything and everybody is dumb. I get so tierd of hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    She banned the words stupid and boring???
    OH just give her a ruler to smack them with and be done with it.

She sounds like a control freak to me.

The words idiot, stupid and boring have all been banned at my house!

I don't like her method it screams "control freak" to me.

I love it!

Someone needs to "control" children and teach them appropriate boundries...........too many parents simply can't be bothered.

I guess my thought on this is how do these kids know which words are appropriate and which are not if they are not told? I would guess that this was becoming a problem if she chose this method. I say good for her. It is time schools and parents stop sugar coating everything for fear of offending someone. Go Sister!

Being a control freak myself, I like it

Kids need control.

Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    I thought this was way cool. Reminded me of what a woman I worked with told me about when her DD was little. You know when kids go through the phase of saying bad words.... well her DD wouldn't stop, so she had her repeat it so many times the girl got sick of it and never said them again.

I think this is the best strategy ever.

Even though I can think of objections from parents... I know our DD doesn't know a lot of bad words and some might shock her and actually teach her these words (not that she would use them but no more ignorance for her then). But IMO the positive effects of this far outweigh the negative.
    I once said the "F" word in front of my mother at a school chorus thing. When we got home, she spiraled up a comforter on the couch to look like a nest and I had to sit in it and cluck like a chicken for a half hour while my brother got to roll around on the floor laughing at me.

TO THIS DAY I can't say a bad word around my mother.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post

Kids need control.
    Amen!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post

Kids need control.
    Duct tape is probably the most effective, though I find strategically placed velcro works, too.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    I once said the "F" word in front of my mother at a school chorus thing. When we got home, she spiraled up a comforter on the couch to look like a nest and I had to sit in it and cluck like a chicken for a half hour while my brother got to roll around on the floor laughing at me.

TO THIS DAY I can't say a bad word around my mother.

That is so funny! I have an almost 17 yo. I have never heard her swear except to say "that girl is the B word" (that is how she says it) but, I think I would have a hard time getting her to sit on the sofa a cluck like a chicken.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast