Nun reels off list of banned curse words!!!!

sleuthin4fun

Reaction score
Nun reels off list of banned curse words
Sister Kathy Avery won't put up with swearing on the playground at her school, and she's not above repeating the offending language to make sure everyone understands which words she won't tolerate.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22179259/from/ET/

Well i guess they have no excuses now do they! This made me laugh.

I heard this earlier and laughed too. Good for the nun. I wonder if it will work? lol

I thought this was way cool. :D Reminded me of what a woman I worked with told me about when her DD was little. You know when kids go through the phase of saying bad words.... well her DD wouldn't stop, so she had her repeat it so many times the girl got sick of it and never said them again. :D

I think this is the best strategy ever.

Even though I can think of objections from parents... I know our DD doesn't know a lot of bad words and some might shock her and actually teach her these words (not that she would use them but no more ignorance for her then). But IMO the positive effects of this far outweigh the negative.

She banned the words stupid and boring???
OH just give her a ruler to smack them with and be done with it.

She sounds like a control freak to me.

Hmm, I don't like my kids saying "stupid" and "boring" either. :D I don't think I'm a control freak! I don't think so anyway...

I don't know if she is a control freak or just tierd of hearing the words stupid and boring. I know my daughter has a thing about the word dumb. Everything and everybody is dumb. I get so tierd of hearing it.

She banned the words stupid and boring???
OH just give her a ruler to smack them with and be done with it.

She sounds like a control freak to me.

The words idiot, stupid and boring have all been banned at my house!

I don't like her method it screams "control freak" to me.

I love it!

Someone needs to "control" children and teach them appropriate boundries...........too many parents simply can't be bothered.

I don't like her method it screams "control freak" to me.

I guess my thought on this is how do these kids know which words are appropriate and which are not if they are not told? I would guess that this was becoming a problem if she chose this method. I say good for her. It is time schools and parents stop sugar coating everything for fear of offending someone. Go Sister!

I thought this was way cool. :D Reminded me of what a woman I worked with told me about when her DD was little. You know when kids go through the phase of saying bad words.... well her DD wouldn't stop, so she had her repeat it so many times the girl got sick of it and never said them again. :D

I think this is the best strategy ever.

Even though I can think of objections from parents... I know our DD doesn't know a lot of bad words and some might shock her and actually teach her these words (not that she would use them but no more ignorance for her then). But IMO the positive effects of this far outweigh the negative.

I once said the "F" word in front of my mother at a school chorus thing. When we got home, she spiraled up a comforter on the couch to look like a nest and I had to sit in it and cluck like a chicken for a half hour while my brother got to roll around on the floor laughing at me.

TO THIS DAY I can't say a bad word around my mother.

I once said the "F" word in front of my mother at a school chorus thing. When we got home, she spiraled up a comforter on the couch to look like a nest and I had to sit in it and cluck like a chicken for a half hour while my brother got to roll around on the floor laughing at me.

TO THIS DAY I can't say a bad word around my mother.

That is so funny! I have an almost 17 yo. I have never heard her swear except to say "that girl is the B word" (that is how she says it) but, I think I would have a hard time getting her to sit on the sofa a cluck like a chicken.

That is so funny! I have an almost 17 yo. I have never heard her swear except to say "that girl is the B word" (that is how she says it) but, I think I would have a hard time getting her to sit on the sofa a cluck like a chicken.

My 15 year old wouldn't do it either. My Mom had visual control over me. All she had to do is LOOK at me and I cowered like a beat dog. (Still do!)

I'm more upset the nun has a name like Sister Kathy Avery? I want nuns to be called names like in the old days. Like, Sister Mary Of The Imaculate Conception. I want them to wear habits. Habits where ya have to wonder if they have hair and where they hide their hands in that habit and say the rosary. You want control freaks? Let a nun stick your head in a bucket of dirty water or make ya wear a cardboard sign all day long saying "YES I WAS FLIRTING WITH BOYS". Man, if we dared curse in school one of them nuns would rap ya silly with a ruler on the knuckles. I want my old nuns back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back