Problem with my computer

nappy2

Have you kissed your cat today?
Reaction score
My computer problem is everytime I go to a different page I have to refresh why is that?

I would be Grateful for any help!!!!!!!

My computer problem is everytime I go to a different page I have to refresh why is that?

I would be Grateful for any help!!!!!!!

Try clearing your cookies & temporary internet files. That might make a difference.

Also check to see if you have any internet "accelerator" programs running, these cache pages to make it seem like the page is loading quicker than it actually is.

Check for adware, spyware & browser hijacks too. Make sure your antivirus is up to date.

To do a free quick online check for viruses, spyware & other malware you can use Trend Micro Housecall.

Hope that helps.

blaize

Try clearing your cookies & temporary internet files. That might make a difference.

Also check to see if you have any internet "accelerator" programs running, these cache pages to make it seem like the page is loading quicker than it actually is.

Check for adware, spyware & browser hijacks too. Make sure your antivirus is up to date.

To do a free quick online check for viruses, spyware & other malware you can use Trend Micro Housecall.

Hope that helps.

blaize

First of all thank you for your help !!!!!

I'm going to try what you said and again thank you!!!

Also, you should check and make sure this is marked in your Options setting:
Tools
Internet Options
Browsing History
Settings
and make sure it has checked "Every time I visit a webpage" under "Check for newer versions of stored pages"

This refreshes your screen automatically for you each time you access a website more than once.

I want to thank you guys so much I did what you guys said to do and it work!!!!!

Thank you once again

I have a computer problem now..ever since I cliked on a link in one of the threads here..I wanted to see a video if a crash and it said activeX had to be downloaded..I thought nothing of it because I use activeX with a lot of the games I play and never had a problem with it..when the video started to play it was *advertiser censored* :eek:..Now I keep getting norton telling me that it has blocked somewhere trying to change my home page..and I get an alert telling me that I should download some software that someplace reccomends to remove the virus..Norton is all up to date and I ran scans of everything.. I want to cry..never had a virus befor and dont want one now. I cant use my ctl alt and delete keys..it says that the task manager has been disabled by the adminstrator . I am the admin on my puter and I didnt disable anything..

here is one of the things I get:

windows has detected an Internet Attack attempt..somebodys trying to infect your pc with spyware or harmful viruses.Run full system scan now to protect your PC from Internet attacks,hijacking attempts ans spyware! Clik here to download spyware remover for total protection.

I clik on cancel because I dont want to download anything I dont know about or who it came from..I also have 3 new icons on my desktop..

Error cleaner,
http://viruswebprotect.com/shandler.php?sid=502&aid=627&pn=6&said=0&sg=1

Spyware and malwar protection

http://viruswebprotect.com/shandler.php?sid=502&aid=627&pn=6&said=0&sg=2

and also privacy protector.

http://viruswebprotect.com/shandler.php?sid=502&aid=627&pn=6&said=0&sg=0

I got the links from their properties.

HELP!!!!!:confused:

I have a computer problem now..ever since I cliked on a link in one of the threads here..I wanted to see a video if a crash and it said activeX had to be downloaded..I thought nothing of it because I use activeX with a lot of the games I play and never had a problem with it..when the video started to play it was *advertiser censored* :eek:..Now I keep getting norton telling me that it has blocked somewhere trying to change my home page..and I get an alert telling me that I should download some software that someplace reccomends to remove the virus..Norton is all up to date and I ran scans of everything.. I want to cry..never had a virus befor and dont want one now. I cant use my ctl alt and delete keys..it says that the task manager has been disabled by the adminstrator . I am the admin on my puter and I didnt disable anything..

here is one of the things I get:

windows has detected an Internet Attack attempt..somebodys trying to infect your pc with spyware or harmful viruses.Run full system scan now to protect your PC from Internet attacks,hijacking attempts ans spyware! Clik here to download spyware remover for total protection.

I clik on cancel because I dont want to download anything I dont know about or who it came from..I also have 3 new icons on my desktop..

Error cleaner,
http://viruswebprotect.com/shandler.php?sid=502&aid=627&pn=6&said=0&sg=1

Spyware and malwar protection

http://viruswebprotect.com/shandler.php?sid=502&aid=627&pn=6&said=0&sg=2

and also privacy protector.

http://viruswebprotect.com/shandler.php?sid=502&aid=627&pn=6&said=0&sg=0

I got the links from their properties.

HELP!!!!!:confused:

Go to www.techsupportguy.org sign up for free account (I am cj2448 there)

Go to this area and start a thread.... copy and paste everything you posted here to your post there. They will walk you step by step , for FREE.

Christine, it wont confirm my email addy..it says my email is legit but it wont accept in the next box so I can complete regestration:confused:

Christine, it wont confirm my email addy..it says my email is legit but it wont accept in the next box so I can complete regestration:confused:

Email help and they will get your reggied...if for some reason you still can't get on, I will set you up and acct and send you userid and pw, you can change once you get on.

Let me know!

Christine I was able to log in using my old laptop I have posted my problem like you suggested,,How long will it take for someone to help me out? I am not used to this 12" screen:p

Christine I was able to log in using my old laptop I have posted my problem like you suggested,,How long will it take for someone to help me out? I am not used to this 12" screen:p

Just depend on whose online...if you don't get a response in 24 hours, 'bump' it up....also...look to see who is online, if their name is bolded they are usually certified to help, you can PM one and say (very sweetly, LOL) that you posted 24 hours ago and you were really hoping for help, afraid maybe our thread was accidentally looked over. It is VERY busy there, and that happens....I would say 24 hours is way too long..I have never had to wait more than few hours..but sometimes I will get someone helpign me that is on another time zone and I would have to wait till next day to 'move on' with fixing.

Free help, a bit of the drawback...but once someone gets on your thread they will help you through it.

:)

Keep me posted!

Also, please give link to your thread so I can check it out!

I hope you aren't having any more problems with your computer; if you are, give me a buzz and I'll get right on it :).

Christene I posted a log file at TGS. I dont know which link to use to download silent runner.. the first one I cliked on said it was not able to identify the publisher :confused:

Hi, I'm having a problem every time I go to put up a link. I copy the link, come here and click the insert link tab, clear the box and paste in my link. Every time I have to redo the link as it comes out all mixed up, like this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,320309,00.html

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? TAT xox

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member