MA - Officer Keith Winfield for raping toddler, Melrose, 2005

believe09

Reaction score
This is an absolutely HORRIFIC case, so be warned before you read the link. The child is alive, but the story bears discussion because of the fact that the ex cop remained free until his conviction, which I think is unbelievable. There are also some accusations being made by his family regarding who was truly guilty of the abuse. Read the comments after the article to see what I mean...
http://www.wickedlocal.com/melrose/archive/x187560836

I shoud have listened to your warning "believe." That was an awful story. I have a two year old as well and can't even imagine what I would do if I was in the mother's shoe's.

I am glad the jury found him guilty. Not sure if the comments are true about the mother and earlier statements of abuse, but if so, it sounds like this baby should be moved to another family for her protection.

JMO

This poor baby girl!!
I read a few of the comments after the article, but to me, it just seems that this slimebag has supporters that want to try to slander the mother, in an attempt to get the focus off of him.
He deserves to rot in prison after what he did to this little girl.

Ditto, Lisa-I think that one of his supporters was spreading slander. Seeing as he was an active cop when he was charged, I have to believe his fellow officers would have gone to the mat to pin this on someone else if they could have...no offense meant. I just truly think they did a very thorough job of investigating simply because it was one of their own.

I just don't get it. I'm inclined not to believe that one comment because they did get the baby to the hospital the next day. How sad. What kind of sickness would cause someone to hurt anyone--much less an innocent toddler--in this fashion.

Because he is a police officer, I hope that the sentence is even longer. He should be held to a higher standard and is sworn to uphold the law and protect its citizens.

Maybe I missed it in the article -- was the curling iron retrieved and tested to be sure that it was what caused the injuries?

This poor baby...I hope she has no memories of this horrific act, but I imagine she will bear both physical and psychological scars.

What a sick effin' piece of crap he is. Disgusting and evil. How could someone do this to any child? Their own blood? I hope that he gets raped and tortured in prison so that he can feel some of what that poor child went through. Prayers to this little girl and her family. Was there any word on her recovery? Any permanent damage?

Melrose - Keith Winfield, a Melrose resident and former Somerville police officer convicted of raping his then 23-month-old niece with a hot object, received two life sentences in Middlesex Superior Court in Cambridge Tuesday morning as his family and supporters cried and sobbed.
Judge Patrick Riley, who presided, said the gravity of the offenses, which Winfield committed in 2005, “weighed heavily” on his decision.
“There’s no indication in the evidence that the defendant received any sexual pleasure from these actions,” Riley said. “Rather, the severity of the injuries inflicted upon the victim can only be explained by an intent to torture her. The court must consider seriously the inhumanity of these acts.”
The judge also noted the young age of the victim at the time of the assault, saying, “She was completely helpless with no ability to fight back or protect herself.” http://www.wickedlocal.com/melrose/homepage/x805327691

She has permanent physical and psychological damage unfortunately. Equally as unfortunate, Mass tends to err on the side of caution and doesn't allow perps with this kind of background to serve their time in the general population. I knew a police chief who was given 15-life for rape of a child under the age of 14. (He committed the act in a POLICE CAR if you can believe that one. ) He was never allowed into the general population and did his time in a special jail that contains high profile offenders. I would expect that is where this guy will go.

If i read the article right, he originally got only 60 days and then they changed that to community service. This got off with a slap on the wrist. I don't care if he had no priors, people have gotten life on their first arrests. He needs to be in state prison for years. With no option of protective custody. With his being a former cop, and his puny frame, they'd get him in there in no time, he'd be somebody's B**ch.
They need to give him prison time, not community service. Give him the max, that way it will show others that cops can't get away with their crimes. This guy is a disgrace to the uniform.

If i read the article right, he originally got only 60 days and then they changed that to community service. This got off with a slap on the wrist. I don't care if he had no priors, people have gotten life on their first arrests. He needs to be in state prison for years. With no option of protective custody. With his being a former cop, and his puny frame, they'd get him in there in no time, he'd be somebody's B**ch.
They need to give him prison time, not community service. Give him the max, that way it will show others that cops can't get away with their crimes. This guy is a disgrace to the uniform.
one of us read it wrong just not sure who. i thought his brother got 60 days for cursing in the court room after the verdict and that was reduced due to no record. the brother will now do community service. check out my post above. post #8. the cop got life.

Sherri, thank you for correcting me on that! I am relieved he got life, thank god justice is served. He probably won't make it his whole sentence in prison, being an excop and baby rapist.

These people are supposed to protect us!!! This just makes me sick.

I hope this gets penetrated with a hit object in the slammer.

I've learned NOT to read links that come with a warning, so I didn't read this one. I'm glad that got life!!!

I just don't get it. I'm inclined not to believe that one comment because they did get the baby to the hospital the next day. How sad. What kind of sickness would cause someone to hurt anyone--much less an innocent toddler--in this fashion.

Because he is a police officer, I hope that the sentence is even longer. He should be held to a higher standard and is sworn to uphold the law and protect its citizens.

Ditto. We have every right to expect exemplary behavior from those to whom we give such great power, and every right to expect increased punishment for their transgressoins.

Crypto6

I am shocked speechless ... just when you think you've heard it all, some sick SOB comes up with something worse. That he was a police officer, sworn to protect takes it to a whole other realm.

I've learned NOT to read links that come with a warning, so I didn't read this one. I'm glad that got life!!!

Like a DUMMY, I ignored the warning, boy, I won't do that again! I'm glad this piece of dookey got life, hope he never see's daylight.

They should have taken him out the back of the courthouse and:bang: ..this creature doesnt deserve to be breathing air.

They should have taken him out the back of the courthouse and:bang: ..this creature doesnt deserve to be breathing air.

I agree with you I think this:bang: :bang: is in order!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back