dont know where to put this link, bizarre or crime.

I thought maybe she was difficult behaviorally, which I've heard about. They have problems with her because she won't eat what they eat? That's ridiculous and sad.

They made this decision after 7 years! Unbelievable.

I think the final comment in the article is accurate and telling...they didn't choose to integrate her after they had their own children, effectively rejecting her. What a pair of as**s...excuse my language!

I feel so sad for this little girl. She has been abandoned by the only parents she has ever known. In her mind I am sure - these are her parents - and they have basically told her that they do not want her...
Breaks my heart!

I wish I could take her in. I want a girl so badly, but I don't want to have anymore biologically. That poor darling must be so sad and confused. I agree with Believe, what a pair of azzes those "parents" are.

She was returned? Like unwanted or broken merchandise? Holy crap. Since the couple are Dutch, I'm assuming they're Christian. And they are giving up their oldest child right before Christmas. Nice.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sure sounds like now they have their own biological children and they're not willing to work with her any more?

Well, if they think she had trouble adapting then, she's REALLY going to have issues now. Poor thing!

I wonder what they'll do when their biological kids get to be her age and start whining and being picky about food, too? That's pretty normal as kids' tastes change, etc. I hope they understand what they've done.

Like I said, maybe I'm wrong...I hope so.

I really hate people sometimes. This poor little girl.

If you are raised up in a family from time you are a baby - WHAT adapting? Adapting means you need to learn something new - if you grow up in a home, you don't have to adapt to it, you just are there.

What 7 year old eats what you want them to without a fuss, anyway?

She was raised by them there should be no cultural problems. I agree two azzes. Stupid ones at that. Now the poor mother has to go to therapy. What about this poor little girl who was just returned like a used shirt. OMG what is wrong with people.:banghead:

I guess to look on the bright side that at least they're doing the right thing by legally giving her up instead of killing her. So many unwanted children get beaten or strangled to death. Sad way to think about it, but true.

I guess to look on the bright side that at least they're doing the right thing by legally giving her up instead of killing her. So many unwanted children get beaten or strangled to death. Sad way to think about it, but true.

True. If they had harmed her, we would have been saying, "Why didn't they just give her up?"

I agree that this is terrible, but I'm glad that they are doing something legal instead of trying to hide behind a fake kidnapping or trying to pretend she died of natural causes or selling her to some pedo.

I wish she could come to my house. My DD7 is begging for a sister! And 2 of my 3 are already picky eaters, so I am SOOOO used to it.

This is the quote that got to me:

"They got a very hard time with this. For the family involved, it's a very traumatic thing," he said, declining to comment further.

Don't you just feel sooooooo sorry for them ... (dripping with sarcasm) I guess that they didn't consider how hard this is on their adopted daughter! :banghead: :banghead:

How mean can some people be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? I do not understand how someone can do this at all!!!! Sickening!!

I wonder what the other reasons are and don't see how there could be any cultural shock since the child was a baby. Maybe she has some food intolerances or has decided not to eat meat or something any child might go through. The little girl is probably better off without those two, but it will just cause her more problems and all this time she could have been with someone else who would consider her really their own. The diplomat should have to pay the remaining years to support the girl plus damages and future education.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back