CA - Nikki Catsouras, death photos leaked

pixies

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212119123.shtml

This is such a sad disturbing story! All over the internet, people are posting pictures of this girls' death and sending the pictures to her family in emails!
Imagine having to see pictures of your child's body!
This is insane.:mad:

This was on Fox News this morning and apparently this is a huge story online.

Maybe it wont be in vain though. maybe this will make someone slow down and drive more carefully, especially teens who feel they are invincible. It could save a life

Ohhh dear, thats soo awful. :( I feel so bad for her parents.

Can we see the pics or have they been taken down?

Ohhh dear, thats soo awful. :( I feel so bad for her parents.

Can we see the pics or have they been taken down?

Just google her name. But please understand that some of the graphic pictures are still on the web.

I'd like to know what "genius" decided it would be ok to take official documentation and pass them around through emails... I think CHP should be held responsible for what their employees do. I think the employee(s) in question should be fired and charged with whatever they can be charged with. I think the family should sue not only the dept but this "genius".

Warning... that article has links to the actual pictures. Pics of the accident itself are OK to look at, but I really did not have the nerve or guts to click on the more graphic links...

omg omg omg omg!

THAT IS HORRIBLE!

I just looked at the pics....i got sooo sick. i cant believe her parents had to see that. OMG im freaking out, how awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen the pictures...they are not something I would want posted anywhere if it were my child. There was no way those photos should have ever left the police dept. I blame them for the pain her family is going through over this.

:furious: :furious: I can only hope that every single person who e-mailed/texted the images to the family one day find similar pictures of a loved one/pet in their cell-phone and e-mail inboxes over and over again! :furious: :furious:

I am curious and have the link minimized but am scared to look. Was it really that bad KC?

How horrible that must be for the family. I would feel the same way if that was a loved one's photo on the web. They don't need a constant reminder of what happened, and what's worse is the people who take delight in sending them to the family as a weapon.

i don't think pictures like that should be made public. maybe the ones of ONLY the car to serve as a learning tool and teach a lesson to drivers but NOT any of a corpse.

I am curious and have the link minimized but am scared to look. Was it really that bad KC?

I'd imagine worse than the unaltered polaroid image found in Oklahoma of the unknown woman shot in the head a while back, myself. DECAPITATION people!

Interesting discussion on the Alberta Stars site. DO NOT click on the photos unless you have a strong stomach.

Let me clarify, I find the discussion about whether these photos should have been leaked (both morally and legally) interesting. I hope it is beyond obvious that these photos should never have been sent to Nicole's family!

There is also a link on the Alberta Stars site to "the most graphic thread ever". Being the sicko/unbearably nosy person I am, of course I clicked on it...I had to close it before I was halfway done. Yuck!

I couldnt help but look 2Sisters and Im sorry I did cause now its going to be a long time before I can erase them ......not for the faint hearted at all:( :( :sick:

I looked and it was gross but not as bad as I thought only b/c she was so horribly mangled I had no clue what I was looking at could not even tell what it was.
No give me those pictures and tell me it was my child then i would be devestated and disgusted.

It really bothers me that some people seem to blame her family. You can go 100 mph in a Honda, too! Why is the fact that she was in a Porsche so significant?

I don't want to see the pictures, but I think it's silly how the article links to the non-gory ones, saying "We will not link to the gory pictures here." Then in the next paragraphs it says, "If you really want to see the gory pictures, go here," and then provides a link.

It really bothers me that some people seem to blame her family. You can go 100 mph in a Honda, too! Why is the fact that she was in a Porsche so significant?
I guess b/c it is easier for people. it is so hard to make sense of this childs death and it is easier to say "well, she was spoiled and her parents were asking for it" But honestly, many kids have taken mom and dads car without permission. I guess it is just easier to make sense of it that way. They certainly don't deserve to be demonized like they have. I certainly didn't blame the parents but i did find myself when looking at the mangled car thinking "oh you stupid girl, why were you being so careless and wreckless, look at what you have done"

I have a totally new respect for LE and emergency responders that have to deal with this on a daily basis. I sure couldn't do it.

I think kids these days see similar or worse in horror movies. It might do some newly licensed teen drivers good to see what happens in these accidents that are clearly the fault of the driver.

Still. RIP, Nikki.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974