978 users online (140 members and 838 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry OH - Veterinarian charged with putting son in dog crate

http://woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=7480669&nav=menu68_2

Sgt. Chuck Hillman said Mullarkey's wife came to the police station Friday to report what happened. The plastic crate is about 2 feet high and 3 feet long, with a metal front gate, he said.
    Chief Patrick Berarducci said the woman was away from home when she got a text message from her husband saying that he had put their son in "jail." The woman told police that the boy was covered in dog hair and what was believed to be his own urine, Hillman said.
    The family has dogs. (more at link)

Another link:
    http://www.vindy.com/content/local_r...5895134819.php

The boy wasn't injured. Hillman said the confinement of the boy in the dog crate is believed to have lasted for about two hours. Police said they believe punishment of the boy was the reason.
    Hillman said that Mullarkey declined to make a statement to police when they picked him up. After booking, the veterinarian was transported to the Mahoning County Jail where he remained Monday evening.

Local comments (I'm shocked at some!!):
    http://forums.vindy.com/read.php?10,207872

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Take the kids and dogs away from this man!!! Period. Someone with this type of cruel streak shouldn't be allowed near anything that's defenseless!

I agree! He should be in his own cage for a few years. I'd prefer the 2x3 plastic cage, but he'll probably get off easy.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    ^^Wouldn't that be a fitting prison cell?? I like your way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Local comments (I'm shocked at some!!):
    http://forums.vindy.com/read.php?10,207872
    I don't even have to read them to know what they're going to be like. Vindy comments are about as bad as they get. A lot of them are only there to rile people up, though.

How do people come up with punishments like this?? Let's give him a real veterinarian's punishment:

I can believe this how ignorant can somebody be to do this to a child !!!!!!!!
    Joann thank you for showing me all the beautiful things in this world especially yourself!!!

I agree it's sick. Poor kid must have been terrified.

BUT when my doberman was teething I had to crate him when I left the house. My son LOVED to put a blanket over the top of the crate and make a little cave and nap in there. He would beg me to lock the door! he loved it in there. Goofy kid

I only know what was said in the articles and i would say they are blowing it out of proportion if the wife herself wasn't afraid also. It didn't say he was beating the child or the child was abused physically. He could have done things much worse, like some of the things we read about as punishment. It's not as if the dog crate was very tiny and the boy had to contort himself.
    Linda, i understand your little son and the crate! When i was younger and used to work for a vet, a lot of times we'd have long shifts or double and take naps in one of the bigger cages on the bottom of one of the boarding rooms. Lined with fresh newspaper, and covered in a blanket, it was very cozy! ...i say this at the expense of sounding like a nut, yet when you can't focus your eyes out of exhaustion, it would sound inviting...

My kids are/were the same way with anything they could make into a tent or place for themselves! I think locking a child up for 2 hours as punishment is so different though. Especially one as uncomfortable as 2x3 ft.

The wife did indicate she was afraid at first, until a friend told her to call LE. Good for that friend. I wonder how he punished the wife?!

I'm not sure whether laughing is the appropriate response, but there are 2 supposed "insiders" on the Vindy forum that both know the couple (again, supposedly). They are arguing whether the "dad" is a "mean drunk" or just a "sloppy drunk".

Nice.

God bless that child.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=84110322

Picture of her and her son here. He's adorable!!

I wish we knew why the wife is afraid of the husband..
    The myspace picture of the wife and son is adorable! They seem like good people, i really hope the husband isn't a mean drunk for their sake..

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    I'm not sure whether laughing is the appropriate response, but there are 2 supposed "insiders" on the Vindy forum that both know the couple (again, supposedly). They are arguing whether the "dad" is a "mean drunk" or just a "sloppy drunk".

Nice.

I was laughing too! This vet sure has a lot of intimate friends who read Vindy!

How old was the child? At least he could have put the child into a clean crate, unless he himself covered the child with dog hair before placing him into the cage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast