1263 users online (268 members and 995 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Guns N Roses Lyrics Cause Teacher To Lock Herself In Classroom

ROXBURY, Conn. Karaoke can be scary, but threatening?
    A school custodian's impromptu after-hours karaoke performance prompted a police response when a teacher thought she was being threatened over the loudspeaker.
    State police say the teacher at Booth Free School barricaded herself inside a classroom Wednesday when she mistook someone singing a Guns N' Roses song over the public address system for a threat.
    She was working after hours and thought no one else was in the building. Then she heard someone say over the loudspeaker that she was going to die.
    Six troopers and three police dogs showed up and found three teenagers, one of them a custodian at the school, who had been playing with the public address system.
    Police say one of them sang "Welcome to the Jungle" into the microphone. The song contains the lyrics "You're in the jungle baby; you're gonna die."
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316682,00.html

Please forgive me but I cracked up when I read this story. The visual is too funny. I went to youtube and listened to the song and the poor lady must have thought an invasion was taking place!

LOL, I can see how that might have scared her! How unusual for the custodian to have turned on the P.A. system while singing?!

Here's the lyrics:
    Welcome to the jungle
    We got fun 'n' games
    We got everything you want
    Honey we know the names
    We are the people that can find
    Whatever you may need
    If you got the money honey
    We got your disease

In the jungle
    Welcome to the jungle
    Watch it bring you to your shun na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,\knees, knees
    I wanna watch you bleed

Welcome to the jungle
    We take it day by day
    If you want you're gonna bleed
    But it's the price you pay
    And you're a very sexy girl
    Very hard to please
    You can taste the bright lights
    But you won't get there for free
    In the jungle
    Welcome to the jungle
    Feel my, my, my, my serpentine
    I,I, wanna hear you scream

Welcome to the jungle
    It gets worse here everyday
    Ya learn ta live like an animal
    In the jungle where we play
    If you got a hunger for what you see
    You'll take it eventually
    You can have anything you want
    But you better not take it from me

In the jungle
    Welcome to the jungle
    Watch it bring you to your shun na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,knees, knees
    I wanna watch you bleed

And when you're high you never
    Ever want to cum down, suck down, suck down, suck down YEAH!!!!!

You know where you are
    You're in the jungle baby
    You gonna die
    In the jungle
    Welcome to the jungle
    Watch it bring you to your shun,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,knees, knees
    In the jungle
    Welcome to the jungle
    Feel my, my, my, my serpentine
    Jungle,in the jungle
    Welcome to the jungle
    Watch it bring you to your shun,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,knees,knees
    Down in the jungle
    Welcome to the jungle
    Watch it bring you to your
    It's gonna bring you down!
    KA!

If he sounded anything like Axl Rose, it had to be scary!

I had a good laugh when I read this. I am shore the poor thing was scared but that is just too funny!

a hop, skip & a jump from Texas Motor Speedway
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    ROXBURY, Conn. Karaoke can be scary, but threatening?
    A school custodian's impromptu after-hours karaoke performance prompted a police response when a teacher thought she was being threatened over the loudspeaker.
    State police say the teacher at Booth Free School barricaded herself inside a classroom Wednesday when she mistook someone singing a Guns N' Roses song over the public address system for a threat.
    She was working after hours and thought no one else was in the building. Then she heard someone say over the loudspeaker that she was going to die.
    Six troopers and three police dogs showed up and found three teenagers, one of them a custodian at the school, who had been playing with the public address system.
    Police say one of them sang "Welcome to the Jungle" into the microphone. The song contains the lyrics "You're in the jungle baby; you're gonna die."
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316682,00.html
    OMG, that's too funny!!!

I used to love Guns N Roses back in the day. Apparently this teacher never heard the song before.

That poor lady lol.That custodian must have been wayyy off tune.
    I liked GNR back in the day also

This reminds me of a story my MIL told me like 14 years ago.She wasn't sure how true it was.Friends told her that some of their friends went to Reno for a few days.Three of the friends, middle aged ladies, left their room and got on the elevator.Once on they noticed 2 large men and a smaller one.The elevator door closed and then they heard one of the guys say "Hit the floor!"Well the ladies went down scared to death.The 3 guys were just laughing very hard.The elevator stopped and the guys got off.The ladies were very relieved.Later on that evening they went to the hotel restaurant.While they were waiting on their food they noticed the 3 guys come in.The guys waved at the ladies and they got nervous and started wondering what they should do.The waitress came over with a bottle of champagne and a big bouquet of flowers with a card.The card said...

"Thanks for the laugh.I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!By the way we said "What floor?" Signed Eddie Murphy.

Lol Dunno if its true but if it is those poor ladies lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ceeaura View Post
    That poor lady lol.That custodian must have been wayyy off tune.
    I liked GNR back in the day also

This reminds me of a story my MIL told me like 14 years ago.She wasn't sure how true it was.Friends told her that some of their friends went to Reno for a few days.Three of the friends, middle aged ladies, left their room and got on the elevator.Once on they noticed 2 large men and a smaller one.The elevator door closed and then they heard one of the guys say "Hit the floor!"Well the ladies went down scared to death.The 3 guys were just laughing very hard.The elevator stopped and the guys got off.The ladies were very relieved.Later on that evening they went to the hotel restaurant.While they were waiting on their food they noticed the 3 guys come in.The guys waved at the ladies and they got nervous and started wondering what they should do.The waitress came over with a bottle of champagne and a big bouquet of flowers with a card.The card said...

"Thanks for the laugh.I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!By the way we said "What floor?" Signed Eddie Murphy.

Lol Dunno if its true but if it is those poor ladies lol.

I loved GNR as well...he might be gross now, but during the time that they filmed the video "Sweet child of mine" Axl was hotter than anything out there. *drool*
    I used to watch that video EVERY DAY before going to work....it got me all riled up.....*shiver* woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmbo! that's funny...I feel bad for the lady because obviously she has never heard the song or the guy singing it was way off, but that is funny...maybe in a few years she will get a good laugh from it...can you imagine how embarrased the custodian must have been? I am sure he didn't realize she was there or he wouldn't have been over the loud speaker...lol

The teacher must lead a very sheltered life. Most people know the difference between being threatened and being sung too.

I can just picture her hiding in the class room
    Joann thank you for showing me all the beautiful things in this world especially yourself!!!

Talisman is offline Walk lightly in the spring; Mother Earth is pregnant. Kiowa proverb
    Thank you so much for posting this -- laughed so hard.

I feel guilty for enjoying this story because that poor woman was frightened, but ...

"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and stars."
    from Desiderata by Max Ehrlmann

I have to say, I am still giggling over this story, although I feel a bit guilty. I am sure the lady feels a bit embarassed and the custodian will have a story to tell his grandkids !!!
    Forever in my heart
    Riley Ann Sawyers aka "Baby Grace" &
    Jose Bernardo Martinez, aka "Beloved Doe" or "Amado Angelito"

Everything stated above is my own personal opinion, and not a reflection of anyone else's, including any organization which I may be affiliated with or support.

Quote Originally Posted by ceeaura View Post
    This reminds me of a story my MIL told me like 14 years ago.She wasn't sure how true it was.Friends told her that some of their friends went to Reno for a few days.Three of the friends, middle aged ladies, left their room and got on the elevator.Once on they noticed 2 large men and a smaller one.The elevator door closed and then they heard one of the guys say "Hit the floor!"
    That's a common urban legend
    http://www.snopes.com/racial/mistaken/hitfloor.asp

I wonder if they were playing the new video game Guitar Hero III, or had been playing it at home recently. It has "Welcome to the Jungle" on it. I'm surprised she didn't recognize the song - it's one of GnR's most popular!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast