Deceased/Not Found GA - Debora Deloach Moody, 42, Long County, 4 Dec 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
From http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7488598&nav=0qq6

12 Dec 07

Yellow tape wraps around Deborah Gayle Moody's mobile home on a dirt road miles off Highway 196 in Long County. But no one is sure if it is a crime scene or not. A few feet away, anxious relatives and friends waited Wednesday for any word on her disappearance. Her mother, her son and her stepfather drove up from Florida when her uncle reported her missing Monday.

more at link

pic
7483132_BG1.jpg

From http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7483132&nav=menu89_11

11 Dec 07

Long County Sheriff's office chief investigator Ty Smith said 42-year-old Deborah Gail DeLoach Moody was last seen at her residence on December 4, but it wasn't until yesterday that she was actually reported missing.

and

Moody is 5'6'' and weighs 110 pounds. She has brown eyes and dark blond hair. Anyone with information on her whereabouts are asked to call the Long County Sheriffs office.

more at link

We're still following a month-old missing persons case. Take a look at Deborah Moody. No one's seen her since early December, when she just vanished from her Long County home.

The sheriff's department's still working the case with no plans to give up.

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7604836

We're still following a month-old missing persons case. Take a look at Deborah Moody. No one's seen her since early December, when she just vanished from her Long County home.

The sheriff's department's still working the case with no plans to give up.

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7604836

This county is awfully close to Talahassee, FL. Just speculating! Do we know the whereabouts of Gary Hilton after he left Talahassee, FL?? He had to of driven by Long County on his way to Athens!:mad:

KR AND CLOSE:

Hilton came to my mind immediately when I read about Deborah. Does a major highway go from Tallahassee, FL through or very close by Long County, GA?

We know she was last seen on December 4th............where was Hilton at this time? I know SS and others are trying to get a timeline together on his whereabouts. I'll check over at the Hilton Forum and see if there is anything on December 4th for him.

Did Deborah have a dog? Has that been mentioned?

KR AND CLOSE:

Hilton came to my mind immediately when I read about Deborah. Does a major highway go from Tallahassee, FL through or very close by Long County, GA?

We know she was last seen on December 4th............where was Hilton at this time? I know SS and others are trying to get a timeline together on his whereabouts. I'll check over at the Hilton Forum and see if there is anything on December 4th for him.

Did Deborah have a dog? Has that been mentioned?

According to an ajc report of charges being filed against Hilton for Dunlap's murder Hilton was spotted in Tallahassee on Nov. 17th and Dec. 28 by forest rangers in the woods. Then he was spotted by a hunter on Dec. 7th. So, IMO he would have in the general area.

If it's confirmed that Deborah was last seen on December 4th, we might be able to rule out Hilton based on this timeline that is posted on the Hilton Forum:

Dec. 2nd: Cheryl Dunlaps card used first time at ATM, Tallahassee, Florida
Dec. 3rd: second time , Tallahassee, FLA
Dec. 4th: third time, , Tallahassee, FLA

Dec. 6th: Unidentified woman found along Stitcher Road in LaGrange, (Troup County) which is west of Macon near the Alabama line.

Dec. 7th: Hilton placed in Apalachicola National Forest in Leon County, FLA by a witness.

Does anyone know just how far away Tallahassee, Florida is to Long County, GA??? Is is close enough to drive both ways in one day??

If it's confirmed that Deborah was last seen on December 4th, we might be able to rule out Hilton based on this timeline that is posted on the Hilton Forum:

Dec. 2nd: Cheryl Dunlaps card used first time at ATM, Tallahassee, Florida
Dec. 3rd: second time , Tallahassee, FLA
Dec. 4th: third time, , Tallahassee, FLA

Dec. 6th: Unidentified woman found along Stitcher Road in LaGrange, (Troup County) which is west of Macon near the Alabama line.

Dec. 7th: Hilton placed in Apalachicola National Forest in Leon County, FLA by a witness.

Does anyone know just how far away Tallahassee, Florida is to Long County, GA??? Is is close enough to drive both ways in one day??

I would hope that Long County contact Troop County on the chance that the mutilated body is that of Deborah Moody. She went missing on the 4th and remains were discovered on the 6th in Troop County.

Thanks for the map concerned!

Well it certainly appears that he would have had more than enough time to kill Deborah and be back in Tallahasee, FLA using Cheryl's ATM card.

I certainly hope this is being considered by all involved LE's.

If the remains were discovered on the 6th and today is the 12th, why hasn't any identification been made yet?? Was the body so decomposed or maybe no dental records available??

Thanks for the map concerned!

Well it certainly appears that he would have had more than enough time to kill Deborah and be back in Tallahasee, FLA using Cheryl's ATM card.

I certainly hope this is being considered by all involved LE's.

If the remains were discovered on the 6th and today is the 12th, why hasn't any identification been made yet?? Was the body so decomposed or maybe no dental records available??

What I would think happened is he left Tallahassee on the 4th and abducted Deborah....late 4th or 5th. She was last seen on the 4th and lived alone in a wooded area. The remains were mutilated and there may have been no head for dentals. I know DNA was obtained and it wasn't a match for the woman from SC whose remains and her car were later found in a river in SC. So, it could be that the 2 counties don't have contact or haven't thought of this yet. Anyway, then Hilton would have gone back into the forest in Tallahassee on the 6th since he was spotted on the 7th by a hunter. LE needs to be looking at gas stations in some of the rural areas to see if he was recognized...the one thing he would have to have is gas. But, first they need to do DNA on the remains found in Troop County to see if they match Deborah.

Gas stations are a must!! THAT IS HOW and where Hilton got arrested to begin with.

If it wasn't for the 911 caller who stayed on the line, Hilton would have still been at large doing more killings. IMO

That caller is MY HERO!!!!!!!

Has there been any update at all on this case? It seems to me that Hilton was spotted by 16 credible people in the Florida area which is close enough to drive to Long County as not even a day trip but a few hours. She lived in a secluded area and liked to be alone. Suppose she was a cash person vs. an ATM person? I just feel this case deserves some extra attention as Hilton could be responsible along with others but her scenario seems to be a possibility.

:behindbarwith her being a nature lover and self suffient, I so think of
Gary Hilton, coudl be a 1/2 day drive for ....crime.

bluestazz

:behindbarwith her being a nature lover and self suffient, I so think of
Gary Hilton, coudl be a 1/2 day drive for ....crime.

bluestazz

I do too but I have learned something today that I will research further. Just a hunch and a coincidence but worth the effort.

I have spent some time on the phone with Det Smith trying to get a sense of this case. It may be worth us taking a look again to see if there is a chance she walked away from her life vs. was abducted. There is much information that is contradictory regarding the case. Having gone through the media links and talked with Det Smith, I wonder the following:

• It was 6-7 days from the last known siting of Ms. Moody to when she was established as missing. Her beloved dogs were loose on her property for the entire time-yet when the Sheriff's office was checking them out, they were in good health...so food and water came from where?
  • Ms. Moody also had a number of cats inside her trailer. What was the state of the cats and the cat food?
  • GBI and the Long County Sheriff's office did a phenomenol job in their initial response in terms of securing the trailer, the car and searching the woods-but it is clear if Ms. Moody was removed, she was taken away pretty far, hidden pretty well, or removed in another vehicle sometime after 6PM.
  • LCSO established that Ms. Moody was pretty social-who has been questioned in terms of her friends? She was apparently not as close to her family if they did not know she was missing??

Hey believe (*waving) and the rest of the crew!

I didn't even research to see if she was here. DUH.

I was contacted by mom to see if we could help.

I explained we would put her case up (which it is already here)...assist with getting DNA in CODIS, this is being worked on now, and see if we could get the case back in local news, I have the reporters name and paper at home (still at the office).

Officials seek new clues in missing woman case June 1, 2009 10:39 a.m.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation recently confirmed that new leads in the Debora Gail Deloach Moody missing person case have encouraged them to search for more clues.The 44-year-old Long County woman was reported missing by her uncle Randy Ray six days after she was last seen Dec. 4, 2007.

GBI detective Stacy Carson confirmed Thursday that on May, 19, 2009, the bureau and Long County officials searched two locations close to where Moody was last seen. “One of the areas was where Mrs. Moody lived at the time of her disappearance and another area was off of Elim Church Road,” Carson said.

Moody’s husband, Jeffrey Moody, who she was getting divorced from at the time of her disappearance, recently filed a petition with the Long County Probate Court requesting Moody be presumed dead.

Originally, the hearing was scheduled for April 6, but has been moved to June 3.
Jeffrey Moody could not be reached for comment.
The Clarks said Debora Moody’s son Christian Merrill, 24, will attend the hearing. It will be the first time the Northwest Florida State College student will be in the area since his mother’s disappearance two years ago.

http://www.coastalcourier.com/news/article/14284/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back