1205 users online (228 members and 977 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Cal-Sag Channel Search #2

Quote Originally Posted by WindChime View Post
    Again, thank you WindChime

We'll have to take turns bumping this up until the thaw.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

Anyone who wants more details on the equipment used in this kind of search can
    See the equipment here: http://www.ovsar.org/sidescan.htm
    It’s a complete SideScan Sonar setup for a search crew.
    Also there are many “screen shots” of the sonar images available on the web.
    The Cal-Sag Channel crew is also using a small remotely operated vehicle for real time
    Camera images.

Greybeard
    My comments are strictly my opinion, and are based on what I percieve to be one of my rights under the constitution of my Country.

Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    The Cal-Sag Channel crew is also using a small remotely operated vehicle for real time
    Camera images.

Greybeard
    The camera images at that site are amazing in the clarity and detail. But with all the debris in the Cal Sag, that may hinder them getting the shots they need..meaning all the cars, etc in the way.

Camera images.

Greybeard

--->>>Thank you for the link. I clicked on the K-9 training link at your link. Remarkable what dogs are trained for and how they are trained. I got involved with 'dogs' and their abilities on the JonBenet Case. This link is a goldmine for info on DOGS and their duties in LE. Heres to the Doggies too!

Bumpy bump person here.

Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.

"""I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

I won’t claim to be an expert on this type of search, but from following the Laci
    Peterson search I see a lot of similarities. One of the things I remember that may
    Apply here is the lack of water clarity at times.
    If I remember right the fact that large propellers passing by stir up mud so
    when a ship goes by; the visibility goes way down.
    Could that be one of the reasons for stopping the Barge traffic at times?

Also, when the towfish is being pulled behind the boat I doubt they
    Would like to have it run into a sunken car eh? From what I have read; that place
    Was sort of a “ dumping grounds” for cars and other things. That must really
    Be a challenge in this weather.

Greybeard
    My comments are strictly my opinion, and are based on what I percieve to be one of my rights under the constitution of my Country.

I won’t claim to be an expert on this type of search, but from following the Laci
    Peterson search I see a lot of similarities. One of the things I remember that may
    Apply here is the lack of water clarity at times.
    If I remember right the fact that large propellers passing by stir up mud so
    when a ship goes by; the visibility goes way down.
    Could that be one of the reasons for stopping the Barge traffic at times?

Also, when the towfish is being pulled behind the boat I doubt they
    Would like to have it run into a sunken car eh? From what I have read; that place
    Was sort of a “ dumping grounds” for cars and other things. That must really
    Be a challenge in this weather.

Greybeard

--->>>Something you said stirred a thought, 'Dumping ground'. I wonder if other than someone running a car off an open access from a bridge is how cars get in the channel? I am thinking noooooo couldn't be.

So given that thought from the accesses to allow the pushing a car off by an individual entity, would a 'recent' dump get bogged down with cars already in the channel ?, OR would a 'newly' dumped vehicle be drawn by any sort of a current in the channel to a NEW location?

I am also guessing that 'passing' large boats would create a 'wash' current that could re locate a recently dumped vehicle, huh?

Wish I were smarter about large bodies of water. I would think there might be a state oriented fine for 'dumping vehicles' in a waterway, huh?

Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.

"""I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

it was mentioned on a different thread, about a search being done today...is this the same body of water as this thread pertains to?

There was a video feed that showed a car being pulled up from under a bridge according to SuziQ on the Stacy Peterson thread.

Was that done so the sonar could see "farther down" in the water??

AdoraBlue is offline I've been known to be a little too "woo-woo."
    Fox News, "The Big Story," just reported they are draining this part of the canal? Any local news on this?

Adora:

I haven't heard anything and chico hasn't posted anything in the media thread. I posted what you asked on the Stacy Peterson thread thinking that maybe someone over there might know, but no one has responded yet.

If you hear anything more, please post.

haven't heard a thing about this...hubby has control of the TV here downstairs, at the moment....

AdoraBlue is offline I've been known to be a little too "woo-woo."
    Okay, I rewound "The Big Story," and here is the gist of what they reported:

Mary Frances Briegel(sp) of WBBM radio says they reportedly began draining the canal last night and sources say they know exactly what they are looking for. According to her, local reporters are speculating that GJ testimony may have led to draining the canal for a specific item.

Lieberman (AMW guy) says that AMW has received quite a few tips regarding this particular canal. Also talked a bit about Steve Peterson being re-subpoenaed to the GJ, saying that seems significant to him.

I don't know, to drain a huge canal, the water has to go somewhere. Unless they were able to close off a section within the locks??

Earlier today there was a brief report at http://abclocal.go.com/wls/ and it showed a canal and mentioned the search for Stacy. I can't find it again and didn't take the time to read the article in full when I first came upon it.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast