Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Larson View Post
    Leibowitz is a VERY common name. Finding him will probably be like finding a needle in a hay stack lol I still think the reporter made a mistake. She had a belly button ring not a ring on her finger. I know first hand how badly reporters can screw up information. Four of them could do one story and you'd get 4 different stories.
    Actually, there is a pretty good trail of this guy because he is very well known. He appears to still be a VP at Moses Anshell; previously he had his own talk show, has written articles free lance that were nominated for a number of awards, and as I stated attended President Clinton's impeachment hearings in 2000.

The ring he refers to was not being worn but was on a chain around her neck, so let's hope there is still some record of it...

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Actually, there is a pretty good trail of this guy because he is very well known. He appears to still be a VP at Moses Anshell; previously he had his own talk show, has written articles free lance that were nominated for a number of awards, and as I stated attended President Clinton's impeachment hearings in 2000.

The ring he refers to was not being worn but was on a chain around her neck, so let's hope there is still some record of it...
    Yes, let's not give up hope here. With all due respect, we aren't in any kind of position to doubt anything, because the facts on this case are very, very limited. So, anyone who may have any information is WORTH CONTACTING. Even if he isn't the right reporter, what's the worst that will happen? We can at least cancel him out, right?

Quote Originally Posted by VASHLEY88 View Post
    Yes, let's not give up hope here. With all due respect, we aren't in any kind of position to doubt anything, because the facts on this case are very, very limited. So, anyone who may have any information is WORTH CONTACTING. Even if he isn't the right reporter, what's the worst that will happen? We can at least cancel him out, right?
    Yup-keep the faith. I am hoping to know by early next week...

Yup-keep the faith. I am hoping to know by early next week...
    I hope so, too.

This looks like our last hope for a while. Like I said, LDJ does not seem to want to help out here, but I am not going to push anything since I've already contacted her thoroughly regarding the incident. If she wanted to help, she would've said so.

I really hope this goes somewhere..

I sure hope so too everyone! The ring would be helpful, but I think LDJ's input would be invaluable. I truly hope she's the right one and she will be willing to help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    I sure hope so too everyone! The ring would be helpful, but I think LDJ's input would be invaluable. I truly hope she's the right one and she will be willing to help us.
    I hope so, but nobody can "force" anything out of her. If she chooses to help, that would be great! But I don't want to rely on that. I can't say I blame her for not wanting to say anything. But at the same time, nobody else, besides the driver and potential witnesses can really adhere to our questions about her identity.

I am praying that the ring did exist and it wasn't just a mix-up.

I hope so, but nobody can "force" anything out of her. If she chooses to help, that would be great! But I don't want to rely on that. I can't say I blame her for not wanting to say anything. But at the same time, nobody else, besides the driver and potential witnesses can really adhere to our questions about her identity.

I am praying that the ring did exist and it wasn't just a mix-up.
    Me too and I originally thought the ring might be a really great clue. But in retrospect, I think whatever LDJ can tell us will be more helpful here. Depending on when MJD went missing, her loved ones may not even know about the ring....

I didn't know that about the reporter That's great hopefully he will remember or have his notes from back then. I have asked before and I am asking again What is the girls name that was in the car? And how did you find her name?
    Happy Mother's Day!!

just bumping this part up

just bumping up some things so I dont have to search for it again lol!

Quote Originally Posted by fmw63 View Post
    Boy, I thought I was finished work today... Ok. here's the info from the Jan. 30, 1999 article. Two things are listed differently than other sources - height (5'7") and location found (mile marker 193).

Height - 5'7"
    Weight - 130 lbs.
    Eyes - blue/grey
    Hair - sandy blonde
    Lips - thick, bowed
    Eyebrows - thin, plucked
    Estimated age - 17
    Items - gold necklace with gold ring on it with letters "DMA"

Car - blue Cadillac
    Speed - approx 75mph
    Location - southbound I-10, near Sun Lakes, AZ

Persons in car:
    Alonzo DeCarlo Fernandez, age 26
    Lindsay DeJong
    Charges - (Fernandez) - failure to render aid

Destination - Miami, FL
    Origin - Ajax Mini-Mart (liquor store) 23rd st & Van Buren, an area frequented by prostitutes & drug dealers

Fernandez says she just jumped into the car. He said he was going to Miami. So did she. They picked up Lindsay DeJong. He said all three got in the front seat. (So they must have been out of the car at some point). They left. After (they were) smoking marijuana, her behavior changed, lots of talking, then suddenly she opened the door. He didn't stop because he was afraid, and saw people stopping to help her.

Okay, that should get around the copyright stuff...

bumping

bumping old info

Quote Originally Posted by phenolred View Post
    I found 2 seperate newspaper articles from the Casa Grande Dispatch newspaper the first article dated jan 27 1999 the day after the accident.

these answer some questions we have had and they bring up others....

Here is a breakdown of the 2

first 1-27-1999

She was flown to Scottsdale Osborn Hospital with head and other injuries another passenger in the car 18 yr old Lindsey Dejong from Spokane Washington siad they did not know her name.

Next dated 1-28-1999

The 17 yr old girl who fell out of a moving vehicle on I-10 died from massive head trauma.

She fell at mile marker 173 on i-10

The driver Alonzo DeCarlo Fernandez age 26 and Lindsey Dejong 18 were Stopped at mile marker 199 He said she was hitchhiker when he and Dejong passed thru Phoenix he said she accidently fell. Initial reports suggested she was pushed. They did not give an explanation why they didnt stop after she fell. He was arrested for failure to render aid.

So I wonder how they KNew she was 17 but they didnt know her name. I think maybe the key is talking to Lindsey again maybe this has weighed on her and maybe she might talk now and maybe she was scared of this Man and just went along with him and his story....
    Last edited by believe09; 08-23-2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: sensitivity to the family

bumping

bumping

[quote=fmw63;2164011]Not sharing? That's not fair.

"Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!" is right on the forums front page. The AZ Central newsbank website has a rather lengthy copyright warning message. Another poster asked (directed at the moderators) if I could post the article - no reply. So I paraphrased the whole article.

Anyway, for those who want it:

Arizona Republic
    January 30, 1999
    Section: Valley And State
    Edition: Final Chaser
    Page: B1
    Last edited by believe09; 08-23-2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: sensitivity to the family

Thank you for bumping!!!

Blah.. after reading these again (thanks for bumping, btw) they all pretty much tell us the same story, yet the information is so different. Was it eastbound or southbound? Was it milepost 173, 173.5 or 193? Was MJD already in the car when they picked LDJ up or were Alonzo and LDJ both in the car at the same time when they picked MJD up? This is getting frustrating. I really hope you get a response, believe09..

Praying for a response from LDJ, too!

Zanko, did you ever find out anything with Alonzo & his aliases that you are able to post?

I know along time ago I tried to search up where the mile marker post was and I remember it didnt make sense, like the mile marker was outside the area she was found... bad memory

Regarding Racheal Dawn Hayson

I had a nice conversation with the Detective handling Racheal's case. He thought it was well worth looking into, so I sent him the following:

"Dear Det. XXXX,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today regarding the possible match between your missing person's case for Racheal Hayson, and the Maricopa County Jane Doe out of Pinal County Arizona. Before I forward you the specifics of the case, I would like to take a moment to introduce you to the non-profit I work with.

I am a representative of xxxxxxxx, a non profit organization established to support families of the missing. We are a project of xxxxxxxxx. xxxxxx founded this special group that works with missing and unidentifieds all over the country. We partner with families and law enforcement and you can get a sense of this organization by going to view the website xxxxxxxxx. What you see on the website is simply the tip of the iceburg. We work with the xxxxxxx, we participate in the Department of Justice initiative to get the DNA of the missing into central databases, we keep stories alive in the media and we support law enforcement any way we can. We are foot soldiers.

On January 27, 1999 a young girl was picked up at the Ajax Mini Mart in Casa Grande Arizona, an area known to be frequented by prostitutes. Some time later on interstate 10, mile marker 193, she exited the vehicle at 75 miles per hour and died a day later of her injuries. She had a tattoo of a blue heart on her chest, ears pierced multiple times and a belly button piercing. The other occupants of the vehicle were apprehended 20 miles away, and the driver of the vehicle was charged for failing to render aid. People in the vehicles following the Cadillac saw the girl hit the pavement and stopped to call 911. No one witnessed what caused her to exit the vehicle.

This case has generated a number of leads, as you can see when you bring up the case on the MedEx website. Various media reports gauge Jane Doe's height from 5'4"-5"7", and her age from 13-18.

Here is the link to the website for Susie Dodt, who is taking all information for possible ID:

here is a copy from the coroner's report of some Jane Doe's dentals:
    Individual Case Report
    Unidentified Deceased Reporting System
    ME/C Contact InformationName:Suzi DodtAgency:Maricopa County Medical ExaminerPhone Number:602-372-1126E-mail Address:dodts@mail.maricopa.gov
    Case InformationStatus:Unidentified
    Case Number:99-0305NCIC
    Number:N/A
    Date Found:1999-01-26 00:00:00
    Date Entered:2007-06-30 00:00:00
    Date Modified:2008-01-22 08:31:00
    GPS Found:N/A
    Address Found:Interstate 10, milepost 173.5 eastboundAZ
    Maricopa County
    Demographics and CircumstancesEstimated Age:Adolescent
    Minimum Age:13 years
    Maximum Age:18 years
    Race:WhiteEthnicity:N/A
    Sex:Female
    Weight (lbs.):120,
    EstimatedHeight (inch):64,
    MeasuredCondition:Recognizable Face
    Probable Year of Death:1999
    Est. Postmortem Interval:N/A Hours
    DNA Profile Status:Complete - nucDNA Profile available in FBI NMPDD
    Circumstances of Death:This young girl either fell, jumped, or was pushed from a moving vehicle. She died in the hospital a day later. The other(s) in the vehicle never came forward to ID her.
    Body DetailsTattoos:blue heart tattoo on chest
    Piercings:earring and a navel ring
    Fingerprint ClassificationRTN/AN/AN/AN/AN/ALTN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
    Fingerprint CommentsN/A
    Clothing, Hair, Eyes
    Clothing With Body:unsure
    Jewelry:yellow metal earring with clear stone, 2 yellow metal earrings with black stones, one white metal navel ring
    Head Hair:sixteen inch long blonde hair with brown roots
    Body Hair:xxxxxx
    Facial Hair:light brown eyebrows
    Eye Color:blue
    Dental
    Dental Summary: One or More Teeth Present, Upper Jaw Present, Lower Jaw Present
    Upper Right12345678910111213141516Upper
    LeftLower
    RightLower
    Left32313029282726252423222120191817
    Dental Comments:3=O 14=O,L 18=M,O 19=O,D 30=O
    Photos
    Facial/Case ID

Jane Doe's clothing is either holdback information, or has been lost. There is a chance that Jane Doe was wearing a gold chain around her neck with a gold ring on it. The ring may have contained initials.

Please let me know if there are any further questions I can answer for you-I have included my contact information. If you could let me know either way regarding Racheal as a possibility, I would be very grateful so we can rule her out if need be.

Take care, stay safe and thank you for your time!!!
    "
    Last edited by believe09; 08-23-2008 at 07:33 PM. Reason: remove link to pic

I had a nice conversation with the Detective handling Racheal's case. He thought it was well worth looking into, so I sent him the following:

"Dear Det. XXXX,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today regarding the possible match between your missing person's case for Racheal Hayson, and the Maricopa County Jane Doe out of Pinal County Arizona. Before I forward you the specifics of the case, I would like to take a moment to introduce you to the non-profit I work with.

I am a representative of xxxxxxxx, a non profit organization established to support families of the missing. We are a project of xxxxxxxxx. xxxxxx founded this special group that works with missing and unidentifieds all over the country. We partner with families and law enforcement and you can get a sense of this organization by going to view the website xxxxxxxxx. What you see on the website is simply the tip of the iceburg. We work with the xxxxxxx, we participate in the Department of Justice initiative to get the DNA of the missing into central databases, we keep stories alive in the media and we support law enforcement any way we can. We are foot soldiers.

On January 27, 1999 a young girl was picked up at the Ajax Mini Mart in Casa Grande Arizona, an area known to be frequented by prostitutes. Some time later on interstate 10, mile marker 193, she exited the vehicle at 75 miles per hour and died a day later of her injuries. She had a tattoo of a blue heart on her chest, ears pierced multiple times and a belly button piercing. The other occupants of the vehicle were apprehended 20 miles away, and the driver of the vehicle was charged for failing to render aid. People in the vehicles following the Cadillac saw the girl hit the pavement and stopped to call 911. No one witnessed what caused her to exit the vehicle.

This case has generated a number of leads, as you can see when you bring up the case on the MedEx website. Various media reports gauge Jane Doe's height from 5'4"-5"7", and her age from 13-18.

Here is the link to the website for Susie Dodt, who is taking all information for possible ID:

Individual Case Report
    ME/C Contact InformationName:Suzi DodtAgency:Maricopa County Medical ExaminerPhone Number:602-372-1126E-mail Address:dodts@mail.maricopa.gov
    Maricopa County
    Circumstances of Death:This young girl either fell, jumped, or was pushed from a moving vehicle. She died in the hospital a day later. The other(s) in the vehicle never came forward to ID her.
    Fingerprint CommentsN/A
    Clothing, Hair, Eyes
    Jewelry:yellow metal earring with clear stone, 2 yellow metal earrings with black stones, one white metal navel ring
    Body Hair:xxxxxxx
    Dental
    LeftLower
    RightLower
    [i]Photos
    Facial/Case ID

Jane Doe's clothing is either holdback information, or has been lost. There is a chance that Jane Doe was wearing a gold chain around her neck with a gold ring on it. The ring may have contained initials.

Please let me know if there are any further questions I can answer for you-I have included my contact information. If you could let me know either way regarding Racheal as a possibility, I would be very grateful so we can rule her out if need be.

Take care, stay safe and thank you for your time!!!"
    Thank you for following up on this!
    Last edited by believe09; 08-23-2008 at 07:33 PM. Reason: remove link ot pic

"Dear Det. XXXX,

Individual Case Report
    Maricopa County
    Fingerprint CommentsN/A
    Clothing, Hair, Eyes
    Body Hair:xxxxx
    Dental
    LeftLower
    RightLower
    Photos
    Facial/Case ID

Take care, stay safe and thank you for your time!!!
    "

This is sooo great!! Thank you!!
    Last edited by believe09; 08-23-2008 at 07:34 PM. Reason: remove link ot pic

No worries...they should be able to tell pretty quickly from the dentals, as you guys mentioned before...Racheal had one other distinct feature when she went missing about her wisdom teeth, so between that and the gap....here's hoping it is a quick in or out!!!

Thank you, Believe. You are phenomenal, xoxo

Blah.. after reading these again (thanks for bumping, btw) they all pretty much tell us the same story, yet the information is so different. Was it eastbound or southbound? Was it milepost 173, 173.5 or 193? Was MJD already in the car when they picked LDJ up or were Alonzo and LDJ both in the car at the same time when they picked MJD up? This is getting frustrating. I really hope you get a response, believe09..

Praying for a response from LDJ, too!
    The I-10 goes both east and south, depending on your perspective in Phoenix. The signs are always marked as the I-10 east or west, but the way the road curves, at some points it lies exactly north-south. If they were headed to Miami, they were on I-10 East, but while they were making their way through the city, they would have been heading south until they got out of the city.

On January 27, 1999 a young girl was picked up at the Ajax Mini Mart in Casa Grande Arizona, an area known to be frequented by prostitutes. Some time later on interstate 10, mile marker 193, she exited the vehicle at 75 miles per hour and died a day later of her injuries.
    I haven't been following this case as closely as any of you, but are you sure that she was picked up in Casa Grande? Casa Grande is southeast of Phoenix, about halfway between Phoenix and Tucson. I need to look at the mile markers the next time we head to Casa Grande and see where 193 (173?) is.

I thought that the AZ Republic article someone posted said that she was picked up at Ajax Mini-Mart on 23rd Street and Van Buren. This is in Phoenix (and the prostitute comment would make sense there, as Van Buren Street is a known prostitution center in Phoenix).

Here is a store that is still around called Ajax Liquor, located at the right spot:

http://phoenix.citysearch.com/profil...uor_store.html

I think just typing errors. The article did say she was picked up at the Ajax Mini Mart on E. Van Buren, and the other info from the medical examiner & other newspapers say she "exited" the car at milepost 173.

We MAY have a long wait for the police info & ring photos. I emailed Suzi Dodt today & she said it could take weeks or.. months.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast