Jodie Foster comes out.

2sisters

Reaction score
Why does she feel the need to? Why explain yourself? I admire it when celebrities come out as it maybe can help someone else struggling with the desision to do so, but I don't think they owe it to anyone to disclose anything. It just isn't a shock to me if someone is gay, you know. I really don't care. Someones private life is just that. I just hated how it was worded "jodie comes out, FINALLY" She doesn't owe anyone anything or and explanations. There was nothing wrong with how she was living, just having a private life and not making her sexuality an issue.
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article3040426.ece

That was the worst kept "secret" in Hollywood. And it wasn't the so called straight media who outed her at first it was The Advocate. This is 2007, no one cares who is gay anymore.

That being said, I just love her and good for her and her family!

She's a wonderful actress, and I really don't care if she's gay. It's got nothing to do with her talent. She's not scandalous like so many other's in Hollywood and I've never heard anything about her being a bad mother to her children.

I don't consider thanking your partner as 'coming out'. I think it is exactly what she said a thank you to her partner. Many people in Hollywood thank their spouses or significant others. No biggie IMO. This relationship has lasted way longer than many others in Hollywood and the average Americans.
The headline might mean to shock but the real shock is that they have had a relationship this long in that world.

I like how she leads a private, non dysfunctional life. It is hard to do in Hollywood. She is an total exception to the rule of child stars being screwed up.
I tivoed "Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane" last week, starring her as a child. it looks really good and I can't wait to watch it.

Big fan of Jodie Foster here. Even if a movie that she appears in isn't that great, she always does a stunning job with her performance.

I also don't care if she is gay, whose business is that anyway? She seems to have lead a quiet and private life without the boozing, drug infested Hollywood lifestyle that most do.

It's fantastic that they have each other!!

I don't know why she feels the need to come out. Who did NOT know already she was gay? Not to mention who really cares?

Big fan of Jodie Foster here. Even if a movie that she appears in isn't that great, she always does a stunning job with her performance.

I also don't care if she is gay, whose business is that anyway? She seems to have lead a quiet and private life without the boozing, drug infested Hollywood lifestyle that most do.

It's fantastic that they have each other!!
--I'm a fan of her also--She was great in CONTACT(1997)

I think she is a great actress too and have seen all her movies..I dont care if shes gay or not.

I tivoed "Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane" last week, starring her as a child. it looks really good and I can't wait to watch it.

That is actually one of my fav movies. I remember seeing it as a kid and just found it over the summer on DVD.

The way I see it, stars are under immense public scrutiny. Their so-called image determines their salaries in movie roles, and also their marketability. For some reason, there is still sexual bias in this country in this year and it stinks.

WHY, in the year 2007, can't people BE who they are, whether it is hetero, GLBT or whatever, and it be OK with the powers that be in Hollywood and with the public?
I think the mainstream media knows that sex sells and markets the people who are marketable like they are part of a meat market, not human beings with souls and with individual personalities.

Man, I feel like coming out and I ain't even gay. Ms. Foster is a phenomenal actress. An intelligent woman and she's handled herself over the years with grace and decorum. Who cares if she's gay? Heterosexuals in Hollywood should start coming out saying "Yo, I'm straight"!

I really like Jody Foster's acting and have known that she is gay for a long time. Big deal. It sure doesn't affect her acting and that is what I'm interested in. I really liked the mover that she played in when she was gang raped in a bar. She's great.

I like Jodie too,she has the most prettiest smile,her whole face lights up! I thought she was great in Hannibal Lector,or whatever the name of that scarey movie was.

I like Jodie too,she has the most prettiest smile,her whole face lights up! I thought she was great in Hannibal Lector,or whatever the name of that scarey movie was.

"IT PUTS ON THE LOTION". I'm sorry I just had to say that "Silence Of The Lambs". I've got that song playing in my head "I'm coming out. I want the world to know".

I like how she leads a private, non dysfunctional life. It is hard to do in Hollywood. She is an total exception to the rule of child stars being screwed up.

Yeah, she rocks! I wish her and her family the best!

I too think Jodie Foster is a wonderful actress also.My favorites of her movies are Nell,Contact,Silence of the Lambs and Freaky Friday :D

Doesn't matter if your gay or straight.Depends on your talent in my book.Also depends to me how weird that person is.
I still enjoy the movies ect of the weird hollywood people I just don't care for them as in I would not be running up getting their autograph :p

I too think Jodie Foster is a wonderful actress also.My favorites of her movies are Nell,Contact,Silence of the Lambs and Freaky Friday :D

Doesn't matter if your gay or straight.Depends on your talent in my book.Also depends to me how weird that person is.
I still enjoy the movies ect of the weird hollywood people I just don't care for them as in I would not be running up getting their autograph :p

Nell was awesome!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back