GUILTY AL - Roy Stilwell, trucker, for kidnapping & rape, Montgomery, 2007

Thank goodness for the woman trucker who helped her. Not a doubt in my mind he did this before, and worse. Man, good call on this poor lady too for doing anything she could to get out of that truck.

stillwell2.jpg

The SOB :behindbar

He is scary and gross looking :sick: .What an awful ordeal that woman had to go through :( Hope he is put behind bars and never released.I am sure he has other victims out there.

No wonder the woman refused a ride with that creep. Gave me shivers up and down my spine just looking at him. I'm so glad that she found a way to draw attention to herself. He probably would have ended up killing her after he was done with her as she could have identified him. Hope they lock him up for a long time and if he has done this before that they can prove it.

Oh, they need to run his DNA asap, I bet there's some unsolveds that will be attached to him.

Oh, they need to run his DNA asap, I bet there's some unsolveds that will be attached to him.

No doubt about it golfmom. They need to try to trace his every travels too. I just know he is probably responsible for many missing women and unidentified bodies in many parts of the country.

Thank goodness this poor woman is now safe. What a horror she went through. I'm proud of her for seeing her chance and doing everything she could to save herself and the woman trucker who came to help her.

And I thought it was great in the story where this creep tried to go back in the store and a big crowd of other truckers poured out of their trucks to get him!

I would say this guy has done this before but the scary part is how many more do this and never get caught . I hope this sob goes to prison for a long,:behindbar long time

I would say this guy has done this before but the scary part is how many more do this and never get caught . I hope this sob goes to prison for a long,:behindbar long time

I agree....I seriously doubt that this is this pig's first offense. :furious:
God bless this woman during her recovery.

He is scary and gross looking :sick: .What an awful ordeal that woman had to go through :( Hope he is put behind bars and never released.I am sure he has other victims out there.

aura that was my first thought when I saw his picture. He is gross!!!!

It's not the long hair, it's the eyes. He looks like the devil.

Not just the eyes, but the rest of his face too. Pouty mouth, and anger lines. Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, BAD news!

:behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar I found one sad thing with the picture of that scum bag !

There was a cop in front of him with a gun and the cop didnt use it:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Forget the way he looks ... as a woman, I think this is just a horrifyingly terrifying crime. If the past few years have taught us anything, no crime is truly unique. This rapist (at the very least) pig was the one who made a mistake and got caught. (And let me be clear ... his mistake was messing with a heroic woman) How many others are out there doing the same thing ....

Oh how I agree..not only DNA but also I hope they correlate the areas he's been with missing women who they have not found yet.:mad:

Oh how I agree..not only DNA but also I hope they correlate the areas he's been with missing women who they have not found yet.:mad:

Google Robert Ben Rhoades; this isn't the first time this has happened.

Crypto6

"He tried to walk back in, and other truckers "literally poured out of their trucks, as a posse, to get him," Mack said."
I love that other truckers got him as a posse, i'd guess he got a beating while they were at it!! Nobody, as a group, wants him giving them all a bad name. I bet the female trucker that came to the woman's rescue called in to the other nearby truckers on her CB and told them what was going down so they were able to pounce this pervert. It does sound like he probably has done this before, i hope LE checks into it. I also think of Dalles Mckinsey's story when i read about truckers in cases like this. I'm not sure if ya'll are familiar with Dalles' story, it was in cold cases here and he wrote a book. Some of these truckers i think take the job as it is a easy way of traveling from state to state on routes and preying on women while they are at it. I'm glad the other truckers jumped this guy until police came, at least it goes to show there are some bad apples in every bunch, this time the good apples got the one with the worm =)

In case anyone is still following this serial killer. He pled guilty yesterday in Texas to two counts of capital murder for the deaths of Patricia Candace Walsh and Douglas Scott Zyskowski in 1990. He was sentenced to two consecutive life sentences and waived his right to credit for time served, waived his right to parole and waived his right to all state and federal appeals. He is currently serving life without parole in Illinois for the murder of a Houston teenager. I pray for the Walsh and Zyskowski families and may their two loved ones now rest in peace. http://www.ozonastockman.com/

Just to clarify, the man pictured at the beginning of this thread is not Robert Ben Rhoades. This is another pervert named Roy Scott Stillwell.

While the original article in the opening post from 2007 is no longer available the story is covered in this police blog: http://starpolice.blogspot.com/2007_12_09_archive.html

LOXLEY, Ala. (AP) -- "A Missouri man has been charged in coastal Alabama with kidnapping a woman found nude and beaten inside his truck cab at a truck stop off Interstate 10.

Roy Scott Stillwell, 47, of Hartville, Mo., was ordered held on $2 million bond Wednesday. He was arrested and charged Tuesday after the woman used the truck horn to attract other drivers about 4 p.m. while Stillwell was inside Love's Travel Stop on Alabama 59, just north of I-10."

He plead guilty in 2008
http://blog.al.com/live/2008/03/trucker_pleads_in_highprofile.html

"Roy Scott Stillwell likely faces at least 14 years in prison under advisory sentencing guidelines. Federal prosecutors in Mobile said they likely would seek the maximum under those guidelines, which would be 17½ years."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back