1000 users online (170 members and 830 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    326

    Where's the FBI...The Cover Up Continues?

    I am so angered by this case. What is taking so long to bring charges? It appears to me that there continues to be more internal damage control going on with this investigation. After all this time, it just seems like people are sitting on their hands.

    Since there has been such a cover up on K.S's death, I think the FBI should be the lead on this case. There are too many people too close to this case still to be objective. LET'S GET ON WITH IT!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5,593
    What it comes down to is the same government will be sued, doesn't matter that those in charge aren't the same ones from the Savio case. We know there are major lawsuits pending over this mess. The ones in place now do cover Stacy's case. We keep hearing the same cya stories. Even if they ever do charge him for Kathleen there won't be a conviction because they don't have the evidence now. Therefore it's merely a show of those in power now that they tried. This whole Savio matter will overflow into a trial for Stacy if he's ever charged in her case as well. The defense will be calling Mark Furman as a witness for what he went around uncovering this time that the same incompetent PD in Savio's case didn't do with Stacy's case as well. The entire media sensation in this case will come into play for the defense in this case and matter very much unlike the LP case. Seems like the only reason they are attempting an investigation is because of the media.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    This has only been going on for 6 weeks. That's barely enough time for forensic evidence to have come back, let alone make an arrest. If you arrest a suspect too early, the justice system clock starts ticking and the DA. will run out of time. If a DA doesn't have a solid case and Drew is acquited he can't be retried. Scott Peterson wasn't arrested for almost a year. Wouldn't it be better to wait to see if a body is found? Besides, a Grand Jury is on this, which is the best thing that could have happened.

    We also have to remember that the previous States Attorney's office was headed by a very corrupt and incompetent person. Think Riley Fox case. The new States Attorney, Glasgow, is a very different breed. It is his administration that reopened Kathleen's case and convened a Grand Jury. And the FBI has been brought into this case.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Quote Originally Posted by strach304 View Post
    What it comes down to is the same government will be sued, doesn't matter that those in charge aren't the same ones from the Savio case. We know there are major lawsuits pending over this mess. The ones in place now do cover Stacy's case. We keep hearing the same cya stories. Even if they ever do charge him for Kathleen there won't be a conviction because they don't have the evidence now. Therefore it's merely a show of those in power now that they tried. This whole Savio matter will overflow into a trial for Stacy if he's ever charged in her case as well. The defense will be calling Mark Furman as a witness for what he went around uncovering this time that the same incompetent PD in Savio's case didn't do with Stacy's case as well. The entire media sensation in this case will come into play for the defense in this case and matter very much unlike the LP case. Seems like the only reason they are attempting an investigation is because of the media.
    I like Mark F. But he hasn't necessarily uncovered anything that hasn't been uncovered by LE. For instance, Mark stated on Greta's show that LE hadn't asked for the Krispy Kreme tape. According to Stacy's sister, Cassandra, LE has had the tape all along. The fact that Mark F. exposes info on Greta's show, doesn't mean LE doesn't have it. It just means that LE hasn't released it to the public and Mark F. has.

  5. #5
    I think that they have compiled an amazing amount of evidence and info in the short time that Stacy has been missing. In many missing person cases by this length of time they are still declared missing..look how quickly they moved to say they are thinking murder..it was a matter of only a few days in this case.

    Pam Bosco says after meetings with the state that lasted 3 to 4 hours the family feels that they are doing a terrific job. These things take time to unfold. They need hard evidence to bring Drew to trial.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    When people get impatient for an arrest, step back and think "OJ."

    That's exactly what happened in the OJ case. They arrested him too soon, the defendent opted for a 'speedy trial,' and evidence was still being processed during the trial.

    JMHO
    fran

    Oh, PS......PLUS they made a lot of dumb mistakes! The lab, police, pros, etc! "A defense lawyer doesn't win a case, the prosecution looses them."(quote from Schiparo when asked if he thought OJ was guilty)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Frozen Tundra
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by closeobserver View Post
    I am so angered by this case. What is taking so long to bring charges? It appears to me that there continues to be more internal damage control going on with this investigation. After all this time, it just seems like people are sitting on their hands.

    Since there has been such a cover up on K.S's death, I think the FBI should be the lead on this case. There are too many people too close to this case still to be objective. LET'S GET ON WITH IT!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't think there is any "coverup". Just consider that search in the Canal alone. There are miles of waterway, tons and tons of junk to sift through and avoid. They are searching for that
    "needle in the haystack", and really they aren't even sure what that needle is supposed to look like eh?
    Putting a case together with out that so called "smoking gun"
    takes a lot of clues. For me; it always go back to a time line.
    Who was where, and who could be the bad guy. Hour by hour they have to account for everyone. I doubt Mr. Peterson is going to tell them what they need for a conviction, but other people, cameras, cell phones and other circumstantial evidence may.
    It's usually out there, but the trick is to find it. I am
    thinking Mr. Peterson is more likely to be charged in Kathleen's
    death first anyway.
    Mr. Furman mentioned last night on Greta that Mr. Peterson actually carried Lock Picking tools and was trained to use them.
    Didn't I read he "Called a Locksmith" to open Kathleen's door when he brought back the kids on the day they found her?
    How is that for another Hmmmmmmm moment?

    Greybeard
    My comments are strictly my opinion, and are based on what I percieve to be one of my rights under the constitution of my Country.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't think there is any "coverup". Just consider that search in the Canal alone. There are miles of waterway, tons and tons of junk to sift through and avoid. They are searching for that
    "needle in the haystack", and really they aren't even sure what that needle is supposed to look like eh?
    Putting a case together with out that so called "smoking gun"
    takes a lot of clues. For me; it always go back to a time line.
    Who was where, and who could be the bad guy. Hour by hour they have to account for everyone. I doubt Mr. Peterson is going to tell them what they need for a conviction, but other people, cameras, cell phones and other circumstantial evidence may.
    It's usually out there, but the trick is to find it. I am
    thinking Mr. Peterson is more likely to be charged in Kathleen's
    death first anyway.
    Mr. Furman mentioned last night on Greta that Mr. Peterson actually carried Lock Picking tools and was trained to use them.
    Didn't I read he "Called a Locksmith" to open Kathleen's door when he brought back the kids on the day they found her?
    How is that for another Hmmmmmmm moment?

    Greybeard
    I admit that patience is something I lack. On the other hand, Lisa Stebic's family has had nothing bad to say about LE in her case, and that case appears to be as cold as the ice in my freezer. It's just sad!

    I think DP is a flight risk. He is probably converting and hiding assets right now for his escape.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6,341
    Quote Originally Posted by closeobserver View Post
    I am so angered by this case. What is taking so long to bring charges? It appears to me that there continues to be more internal damage control going on with this investigation. After all this time, it just seems like people are sitting on their hands.

    Since there has been such a cover up on K.S's death, I think the FBI should be the lead on this case. There are too many people too close to this case still to be objective. LET'S GET ON WITH IT!

    What inculpatory evidence would you rely on to prosecute Drew?
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,826
    Greybeard:

    You brought up that DP carried "lock picking tools", that would make sense for any Police Officer to have. Which got me thinking, what else do they carry as part of their trade.

    We know handcuffs (that would probably be the first item any kid would say), gun for sure, baton, hand held radio's, flashlights, belts.

    I feel like I am missing something important that might pertain here. Any thoughts anyone??


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD 'burbs of Washington DC
    Posts
    5,900
    They are dealing with a sociopath that knows how to cover crimes up... it is going to take time to bring Drew down, IMO. I think it will happen... but it's going to take time.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,826
    Elphaba:

    Patience is a virtue. Plus, the DA wants to make sure all the abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyand z are covered for a conviction the first time around!!!

    I'm patient considering how far this has gone from October 28th. Other cases that are here on WS, the LE don't even have 1/3 of what they have now.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,826
    Now that I very seriously responded........

    WHY ISN'T DP BEHIND BARS???????????????????????

    Sorry, just had to.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by strach304 View Post
    What it comes down to is the same government will be sued, doesn't matter that those in charge aren't the same ones from the Savio case. We know there are major lawsuits pending over this mess. The ones in place now do cover Stacy's case. We keep hearing the same cya stories. Even if they ever do charge him for Kathleen there won't be a conviction because they don't have the evidence now. Therefore it's merely a show of those in power now that they tried. This whole Savio matter will overflow into a trial for Stacy if he's ever charged in her case as well. The defense will be calling Mark Furman as a witness for what he went around uncovering this time that the same incompetent PD in Savio's case didn't do with Stacy's case as well. The entire media sensation in this case will come into play for the defense in this case and matter very much unlike the LP case. Seems like the only reason they are attempting an investigation is because of the media.
    Why would Mark Furman be a witness for the DEFENSE? Who do you consider the defense? If you mean DP, then I can't see why they would call him. I would think the family could use his sleuthing in a civil case of wrongful death. I would think the prosecutor would use his discoveries in a case against the Police Department in a coverup, but not DP's defense team.

  15. #15
    Schmerty_Jones is offline ________________ Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In my skin
    Posts
    2,793
    As "Midnite" said in the Scott P. case "Step back from the ledge". We need to be patient & help LE with our prayers & any clues we may think of. DrewP is going down. He is an experienced criminal .... but not a smart one. LE can & will CON the old Con!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Penn State Sandusky cover-up: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #8
    By wfgodot in forum Jerry Sandusky General Discussion threads
    Replies: 770
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 12:29 PM
  2. Revisit - Did CA/GA cover up 7-16-08
    By countzero in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 700
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 09:35 PM