Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunman shoots ex-wife, kids; 5 dead

Gunman shoots ex-wife, kids; 5 dead

Largo, Florida - Largo Police have confirmed that Oliver Bernsdorff, 36, shot his ex-wife and her lover at a Largo apartment complex and then allegedly shot his children in Clearwater.
    Bernsdorff then shot himself while in his car near the Sunshine Skyway.
    That brings the death toll to five.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/loca...?storyid=69780

Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Wow, how sad. I'm thinking this time of year adds to stress. What a handsome man. Who almost eerily looks a lot like an ex of mine and my sons godfather. After reading his sight he had so much going for him, and his kids were so beautiful.

There is never an excuse to harm your children or yourself, or an ex......
    but I wonder if he lost it as a "man" that his ex was involved with a woman. Where the hell was his support system during this time....and why do some men choose not too seek support.

Prayers for those left with this terrible loss so close to the holidays.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

How ironic. "Sunshine Skyway"

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    Reading his letters to his daughter and son before they were born just about killed me.

Here's a snipppet - http://www.bernsdorff.us/letter2.htm

To Olivia:

"I think also about the world you are coming into. I think of the pain and suffering abundant in these times. What gives me hope is the stories of the lives of those before you, who were born into hurricanes of turmoil. They not only rose out of the destruction, but they rebuilt the world around them, and tried and oft succeeded in making that world a better place. You will not be born into such a hurricane, and as such you have an additional duty to be watchful for storms on the horizon, and to take action against them. Let this be your homage to those who have made this world more peaceful, and have done so despite their strife and circumstances. Your first name, as mine, means "bringer of peace." Whether that is in the smallest corner of the world, or across the galaxies may you stay true to it."

To Magnus:http://www.bernsdorff.us/magnuslet1.htm

"As for me personally, I vow to try to teach you to be gentle, but not passive; to love the fruits of life, to learn from others, to trust your heart, and use your head. I vow to love you enough to let you fall, fail, and hurt, because I will dance with you in joyous celebration when you have learned from those experiences and have grown stronger and wiser. I vow to embrace you with love, to hold your hand, to 'get your back..' But, I also vow to love you enough to let you go, to step aside, to watch from a distance and see you soar when the times call for it. I vow to have high expectations of you in the areas of ethics and thoughtfulness. I have made the same promises to your sister. She has taught me so much about myself and about being a parent."

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Picture of Jennifer and the children here:

http://www.bernsdorff.us/jenns.htm

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Why, why, why do these guys always kill the kids? It just makes me want to cry.

I guess I could understand killing the ex in a fit of passion or something. Not that it's right, but I could see someone "snapping" and doing that. But why kill the kids?

These stories just tear me up.
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by 2luvmy View Post
    Reading his letters to his daughter and son before they were born just about killed me.

Here's a snipppet - http://www.bernsdorff.us/letter2.htm

To Olivia:

"I think also about the world you are coming into. I think of the pain and suffering abundant in these times. What gives me hope is the stories of the lives of those before you, who were born into hurricanes of turmoil. They not only rose out of the destruction, but they rebuilt the world around them, and tried and oft succeeded in making that world a better place. You will not be born into such a hurricane, and as such you have an additional duty to be watchful for storms on the horizon, and to take action against them. Let this be your homage to those who have made this world more peaceful, and have done so despite their strife and circumstances. Your first name, as mine, means "bringer of peace." Whether that is in the smallest corner of the world, or across the galaxies may you stay true to it."

To Magnus:http://www.bernsdorff.us/magnuslet1.htm

"As for me personally, I vow to try to teach you to be gentle, but not passive; to love the fruits of life, to learn from others, to trust your heart, and use your head. I vow to love you enough to let you fall, fail, and hurt, because I will dance with you in joyous celebration when you have learned from those experiences and have grown stronger and wiser. I vow to embrace you with love, to hold your hand, to 'get your back..' But, I also vow to love you enough to let you go, to step aside, to watch from a distance and see you soar when the times call for it. I vow to have high expectations of you in the areas of ethics and thoughtfulness. I have made the same promises to your sister. She has taught me so much about myself and about being a parent."

His message to his daughter haunts me. IMO, just a little too much emphasis on tough times,the homage to overcome them and his expectations. Maybe I have read a little too much on fathers rights stuff, fathers for justice, Glenn Sacks.... but that just gave me the heebie jeebies.

I read this from a man with high expectations but lacking the ability to deal with less than his expectations. I read that in the faces from the family pictures as well.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

It's amazing. They all look very happy in the photos at their website. I don't know what went wrong in the marriage. Obviously, there was something very wrong with this guy if he could murder his ex-wife and especially his children. So, his wife became a lesbian. Who had custody of the children?

That's exactly what I was thinking too. They looked (from pics) to have a great life together.. The wife was probably a lesbian all along but trying to stick to societies expectations of her so she married a man and had children then realized she couldnt hide who she was any longer... The husband snapped? I don't know... just sad!!

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
    It's amazing. They all look very happy in the photos at their website. I don't know what went wrong in the marriage. Obviously, there was something very wrong with this guy if he could murder his ex-wife and especially his children. So, his wife became a lesbian. Who had custody of the children?

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking too. They looked (from pics) to have a great life together.. The wife was probably a lesbian all along but trying to stick to societies expectations of her so she married a man and had children then realized she couldnt hide who she was any longer... The husband snapped? I don't know... just sad!!
    I figured that she was probably a lesbian but wanted the American dream of a husband and children. He probably felt very betrayed, as if she had lied.

I think he's scum. He killed innocent people because of his inability to cope.

Maybe if he'd just went off by himself I'd think differently. He had no right to harm anyone else, esp children.

So his manhood was hurt. Big deal. No reason to kill your kids.

Quote Originally Posted by BhamMama View Post

Maybe if he'd just went off by himself I'd think differently. He had no right to harm anyone else, esp children.

I 100% agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BhamMama View Post

That's what i think too.. his masculinity is suffering so he goes and kills his whole family = POS

Not that this has anything to do with it, but Andrea Pisanello was 53 yrs old. That just struck me as interesting.

Why couldn't Oliver just killed himself? I can't believe he shot his own children. How does one do that? It's sick.

Andrea's 4 yr old daughter was in the home when her mom was killed. She's recovering with her bio-mom. That poor thing. I hope she didn't hear or see anything, but I guess if there were gunshots...

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/12/15/No...llo___He.shtml

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/loca...&storyid=69842

"Shooter warned people he would kill his family"

Bernsdorff got primary custody of the kids, four-year-old Olivia and two-year-old Magnus. Court records show Jennifer was behind on paying nearly two thousand dollars in child support. Oliver was knee deep in debt. Documents show that he owed more than 135,000 dollars in school loans. He owed 27,000 thousand to the Internal Revenue Service and 50 thousand to credit card companies.
    Largo police detectives say Oliver warned people that something like this could happen. Michael Loux, a spokesperson with the department says, "They've learned that he made statements prior to this date that indicated that he would kill himself and his family if he could not get his family back together."

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/dec...ily-shattered/

Published: December 15, 2007
    When they met Thursday night, friends from church urged Jennifer Davis to go to the police, concerned about her ex-husband's violence toward her and his threats to keep their children from her.
    The couple divorced in August, the father had custody of the boy and girl, and Davis had moved in with a woman with whom she had a romantic relationship.
    On Friday, death touched them all.

and

"I had thought he had the potential to kill her, yes," said Jackie Brown, a church friend and volunteer abuse counselor. "I didn't think it had escalated to the point where he would act out at this point, no. It never occurred to me he would kill his own children, no."
    "She was the sweetest, most loving woman in the world," said Diana Fraser, another friend of Davis' from Unitarian Universalists of Clearwater. "He just went out of his mind - he had to be. The separation was driving him out of his mind for him to do this."

and

On the Sunshine Skyway: Just before 11 a.m., a state trooper saw a van swerving on the bridge and signaled for it to pull over on the Manatee County side of the bridge. The trooper followed the van as it rolled to a stop off the bridge in a stand of mangroves and, checking inside, found the driver dead.

MUCH MORE AT LINK - very good article

Also from the above link:
    This was at least the second time Bernsdorff was divorced. In 1990, his then-wife, Crystal, divorced the Colombia nativeafter two years of marriage. Her new husband said Friday that she would only say Bernsdorff was violent toward her and she thinks he is capable of killing.

Taxi-mom,

Can you fix your messages so that they don't go clear over on each side? It makes them really hard to read. Thanks

Berrnsdorff was Columbian? I thought he was German...anyway you obviously can't judge a book by it's cover huh? All the traveling to beautiful different parts of the world and etc etc..then to come here and find out they were in major major financial troubles. He was a single father his wife the mother to his children is now a lesbian and is not taking care of her babies....I can see how he could snap. Not saying I agree with him killing his babies because that is NEVER ok but I could see how he could snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Also from the above link:
    This was at least the second time Bernsdorff was divorced. In 1990, his then-wife, Crystal, divorced the Colombia nativeafter two years of marriage. Her new husband said Friday that she would only say Bernsdorff was violent toward her and she thinks he is capable of killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    Taxi-mom,

Can you fix your messages so that they don't go clear over on each side? It makes them really hard to read. Thanks
    I would if I knew what to fix. ?? I don't know what you mean, but I've seen it with others. Is this on all my comments on different threads or just here? Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    Taxi-mom,

TM's messages are not blowing the margins on my view.

Thanks, JBean. I don't mind fixing whatever is wrong, just need to know what it is!

Right now, I've noticed margins on the Britney thread blown with recent comments. I used to think it was just my pc!

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Thanks, JBean. I don't mind fixing whatever is wrong, just need to know what it is!

Right now, I've noticed margins on the Britney thread blown with recent comments. I used to think it was just my pc!
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57424

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast