895 users online (165 members and 730 guests)  

Websleuths News

Denver Named Nation's 'Drunkest City' 2nd Year in a Row

Colorado and Texas residents may like their drink a little too much.

That's at least according to a study conducted by Men's Health magazine to determine the nation's most dangerously drunk cities.

Topping the list as the nation's "Drunkest City," according to the study, was Denver. Fellow Colorado communities Colorado Springs and Aurora rated third and 19th respectively. Denver was rated the most dangerously drunk city in 2006 as well.

Meanwhile, Texas joined Colorado as the only state with more than one city falling in the "top" 10 on the list, with San Antonio ranking sixth, Austin coming in seventh and Lubbock in the ninth spot.

Other communities making the top 10 list included second-ranked Anchorage, Alaska, fourth-ranked Omaha, Neb., fifth-ranked Fargo, N.D., eighth-ranked Fresno, Calif., and 10th-ranked Milwaukee, Wis.

http://www.local6.com/health/14862343/detail.html

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I cant believe this I thought I lived in the drunkest city ! The average for these people is a case of beer a day per person!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joann thank you for showing me all the beautiful things in this world especially yourself!!!

How sad for Denver.

Well, I can understand how Lubbock made the list. I'm surprised about Denver, though. That would not have been one of my top guesses.

I wonder where we would rank

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Colorado and Texas residents may like their drink a little too much.

That's at least according to a study conducted by Men's Health magazine to determine the nation's most dangerously drunk cities.

Topping the list as the nation's "Drunkest City," according to the study, was Denver. Fellow Colorado communities Colorado Springs and Aurora rated third and 19th respectively. Denver was rated the most dangerously drunk city in 2006 as well.

Meanwhile, Texas joined Colorado as the only state with more than one city falling in the "top" 10 on the list, with San Antonio ranking sixth, Austin coming in seventh and Lubbock in the ninth spot.

Other communities making the top 10 list included second-ranked Anchorage, Alaska, fourth-ranked Omaha, Neb., fifth-ranked Fargo, N.D., eighth-ranked Fresno, Calif., and 10th-ranked Milwaukee, Wis.

http://www.local6.com/health/14862343/detail.html
    --Well, I think everyone sees a pattern here >>> cold weather--Denver, Anchorage,Omaha, Fargo, Milwaukee--bitterly cold cities---the other pattern is Texas, can't explain that one

Quote Originally Posted by nappy2 View Post
    I cant believe this I thought I lived in the drunkest city ! The average for these people is a case of beer a day per person!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yikes, lol