1298 users online (234 members and 1064 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I guess we have to face up to the fact that in this life, oftentimes, there is not justice, even for outright murder.

I recall one case years ago, that was very very "fishy" no pun intended, but it took place in a fishing town in Mass. The husband mysteriously went overboard, and you know darn well it was the wife when you hear the details of the event. That case even had the next guy on the shores, mysteriously around her like this case, to help the grieving widow through the trauma.
    So often money plays a role too. The inheritance, etc.when one goes this far to carry out a crime.

I think true justice comes later on.

But anything is worth a try, sometimes, trying can help, even years and years later.

There is no expiration date to prosecute someone for murder. As long as some detective somewhere, picks up the case and cares enough to invest time and energy, his dept's energy into it. We hear of such happening, every now and then.
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

Wikipedia

You're right, Leomoon 80. Many times justice is nowhere to be found.

I just feel so bad for Mike's mom because her pain is so evident. I want her to get an answer and I think the only way that will happen is if she can get her hands on that house and find evidence that Mike met his end there.

Or if Denise and Brian break up some day and turn on each other. Assuming they're guilty of course.. which I do.

This case really bothers me because it seems like the victim was such a nice guy! Not to mention the fact that it's GLARINGLY obvious who needs to be investigated further (hint: it's 2 people, a man and a woman), yet our justice system is clearly no friend to common sense.

I do think that home desperately needs to be examined by law enforcement.
    "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining." -- Judge Judy

As I recall from reading the case originally, and seeing it on TV, (and it's been awhile), the wife's family especially her father was instrumental in all the legal moves, and knew people in this town in high places.

That's all I vaguely recall now, but I remember thinking, well "no wonder the police did a shabby job investigating this case"
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

Wikipedia

I saw ID's Disappeared pertaining to this case, courtesy of my DVR! I've a sinking sensation in my stomach and feel that the Justice System TRULY failed Mike Williams!!!!! It's never too late to do the right thing

My eyes only see what I want them to see

Just watched the episode of "Disappeared" there - it is genuinely scary that people can get away with cold blooded murder like that.
    mortui vivos docent

Bumping Mike's thread with his episode of Disappeared for anyone that hasn't seen it before:

Disappeared 04x06 Mystery on Lake Seminole - YouTube
    Last edited by KateB; 04-05-2015 at 03:32 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

Remembering The Missing In Tallahassee
    10/8/13

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/To...226970791.html

The group stopped in Tallahassee this afternoon, highlighting the case of Michael Williams.

Williams went missing December 16, 2000. His mother, Cheryl, says she still has hope.

Cheryl Williams says, "I want the world to know he was a good person. he was a wonderful father, wonderful son, wonderful brother. It's horrible not knowing what happened to him. This group adding Mike's name to their list brings awareness that he's out there somewhere, either dead or alive."

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Just saw the disappeared episode. How more obvious can it be that her was murdered by the "persons of interest". It makes me sick that they're getting away with murder. I hope as Mike's daughter gets older, she'll ask questions.

True or False - Mike picked up his shotgun from the office that morning?

According to “Disappeared”, Mike stopped by his office that morning and picked up his shotgun.

Does anyone know for certain that the shotgun was at the office Friday night and gone Saturday morning?

If yes, then

a.) Someone took the shotgun
    b.) Whomever took the shotgun knows what happened to Mike

If Mike didn't take the shotgun, then this leaves a fairly short list of suspects. Find out who took it, and you have your prime suspect.

If no one else took it, then it had to be Mike. From this we know that Mike

a.) left the house that morning
    b.) made it to the office to pick up his shotgun
    c.) left the office with his shotgun

which makes it highly probable that Mike

a.) intended to go hunting
    b.) wasn't killed at his house
    c.) should be relatively near his intended destination
    d.) would not be too close to the search site (where his truck and boat were found)
    e.) is somewhere in deep water with something countering his buoyancy or somewhere in the woods near the lake

Quote Originally Posted by sbedwards View Post
    According to “Disappeared”, Mike stopped by his office that morning and picked up his shotgun.

Does anyone know for certain that the shotgun was at the office Friday night and gone Saturday morning?

If yes, then

a.) Someone took the shotgun
    b.) Whomever took the shotgun knows what happened to Mike

If Mike didn't take the shotgun, then this leaves a fairly short list of suspects. Find out who took it, and you have your prime suspect.

If no one else took it, then it had to be Mike. From this we know that Mike

a.) left the house that morning
    b.) made it to the office to pick up his shotgun
    c.) left the office with his shotgun

which makes it highly probable that Mike

a.) intended to go hunting
    b.) wasn't killed at his house
    c.) should be relatively near his intended destination
    d.) would not be too close to the search site (where his truck and boat were found)
    e.) is somewhere in deep water with something countering his buoyancy or somewhere in the woods near the lake

Also, to Websleuths, sbedwards!

Glad you've joined us.
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

Great post!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The wife was trying to get money from one insurance policy only twenty days after Mike went missing, while they were still actively searching for him, even though she was still receiving his income from his employer. WTH. When are they going to bring these people to justice??
    "The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there...and still on your feet." ~ Stephen King

Bump for Mike

After rewatching his Dissapeared episode on youtube this morning, i cant help but think his ex wife and best friend are definitely hiding something.

I pray that Ms. Williams can one day find closure

The most damning aspect, I felt, was that Mike was sold an insurance policy by Christian, the best friend. This is the friend who then goes on to Marry Denise the ex wife.

When LE attempt to question Christian he refuses and lawyers up, as does Denise. Consequently they have not been questioned or taken polygraphs.

Dear god how much clearer can it be? They might as well have "No 1. suspects" tattooed on their foreheads.

I'm glad LE has put pressure on them by pointing at the finger at them obviously if not officially. I get the impression this investigation was hampered by it never being treated as a criminal investigation. When items like waders just started appearing things should have immediately changed though.

I hope this secret burns the way through these people and out into the open.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast