Dan Fogelberg died today at 6am...

i loved 'run for the roses'.

rest in peace, dan.

I love Dan Fogelberg...I really like an early song called Part of the Plan. He also had a double album about 20 years ago or so that I really loved. I wish I had saved those old LP's. How sad.

I love Dan Fogelberg...I really like an early song called Part of the Plan. He also had a double album about 20 years ago or so that I really loved. I wish I had saved those old LP's. How sad.

Couldn't have channeled my college angst without him.

RIP bro..

Ok feel absolutely ridiculous but, I am crying my eyes out. I absolutely loved Same Old Lang Syne. That song got me through one of the hardest times growing up as a teenager. I fell head over heals in love for the first time at 16. I am telling you this boy was my world. I was the daughter of a military officer so needless we were never anyplace for long. We moved away after I had dated this boy for a year and I thought I would die. We communicated on and off for the next 5 years. Still to this day I can not listen to that song without feeling the great grief and sorrow of a teenage girl. RIP Dan.

I love Dan Fogelberg. So sorry to hear that he has died. I love "Auld Lang Syne and Leader of the Band" the best. :(

No...No...No...

I can't believe it... He was one of my most favorites... Hubby and I saw him at Chastain Park Ampi-theatre in Atlanta... We have all of his cd's...

A wonderful guy and such a talent...

He will be greatly missed.

Run For The Roses.....

This is such sad news for him, his family, his friends, and for all who he touched with his beautiful lyrics and music. His songs, many of them, are deeply special to me. Rest in peace, gifted one.

Lion

don't know much about him, but very sad to hear of his death at only 56 years--prostate cancer killed musician Frank Zappa at 52 and also actor Bill Bixby at 62 --very common cancer amng us males, perhaps second only to lung cancer--PSA count is important to keep track of

http://www.danfogelberg.com/news.html

Dan Fogelberg.com ~

An announcement about his passing to his fans.

A letter to his fans from Dan, himself.

A serious letter to every male to encourage him getting tested at age 40...

Other links to bits of listening pleasure to many of his old songs...
Great pictures of him from way back up to present...
A great official site for a pretty terrific guy...

It is so very sad...
I did not even know he was battling cancer...
He will be missed so...

Loved his music. Caught him in concert back in the day.
May he rest in peace.

I am a huge Dan Fogelberg fan. I loved the intelligent weaving of his words and music. He was pretty easy on the eyes, too. :blushing: The song "Longer" was used at the beginning of our wedding video. It's ironic his last album was called 'Full Circle." This is so sad.

Oh, no...I loved Dan Fogelburg. He was too young to die. If I hadn't come to this sight I don't know if I would have learned about him dying. This is very sad...he played an important part in my emotional life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back