834 users online (127 members and 707 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Malibu, Fem Child UP3530, 1-2, on private beach, Mar'96

I just saw this on doenetwork.

1-2 year old girl. Skeletal remains - I wonder how long they had been there.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1224ufca.html

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 06-22-2016 at 02:49 AM. Reason: updated Doe link

only 4 teeth.. Doesnt sound like a two year old. Definately 1 or younger.

Quote Originally Posted by laini View Post
    I just saw this on doenetwork.

1-2 year old girl. Skeletal remains - I wonder how long they had been there.

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase858.html

Any thoughts?
    Wow the poor thing only weighed 15 lbs I wonder if there is any other information on this case. I am sure somebody knows something.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerbabie View Post
    only 4 teeth.. Doesnt sound like a two year old. Definately 1 or younger.

33" and only 15 lbs wow. I wonder if she might actually be in the 12-24 month range and had been malnurished through her short life and her mothers pregnancy.

So sad, why do people do this to chidlren?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

How accurate would the weight information be? I mean, how can they tell from skeletal remains? Four teeth, 33", 15 lbs and 1-2 years sounds so off... If this child had more teeth but they'd fallen out, they'd note that, right?
    It's like the teeth and weight match, and the length and age, but not all 4, if that makes sense. Can malnurishment cause the teeth to come in delayed?

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Larson View Post
    Wow the poor thing only weighed 15 lbs I wonder if there is any other information on this case. I am sure somebody knows something.

So sad... Doesn't sound like a solvable case. Especially with no picture of the baby. Too bad they don't even have a drawing of her.

That does sound off.

I have a 16month old.. He has 10 teeth, is 33 inches long (he's considered tall) and weighs 27lbs.

2 of my kids were almost a year and a half before they ever got teeth, so anything is possible

Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    Can malnurishment cause the teeth to come in delayed?
    Absolutely. It also effects calcification of permanent teeth and eventual extreme decay.

This one really bothers me. So little information, and what they do have doesn't seem to fit together. Would love to see it solved, but where in the world would we start with this one?
    Forever in my heart
    Riley Ann Sawyers aka "Baby Grace" &
    Jose Bernardo Martinez, aka "Beloved Doe" or "Amado Angelito"

Everything stated above is my own personal opinion, and not a reflection of anyone else's, including any organization which I may be affiliated with or support.

I wonder who owns the private beach? They give an address. I wonder if it is just a lot or an actual house? If a house, how could a child lay dead there long enough to skeletonize? How sad.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=633

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...-8&sa=N&tab=wl (zoom in while on "Satellite" view mode!)

For the address, I found building and construction notices and permits. The current owners are Carol Black and Neal Marlens, the creators of "Wonder Years"!

Application to allow for the installation of an alternative onsite wastewater treatment system at an existing residence.

APPLICATION NUMBER: Coastal Development Permit No. 06-046

APPLICATION FILING DATE: May 3, 2006

APPLICANT: Deva Berg of W3 Architects

OWNER: Carol Black and Neal Marlens

LOCATION: 32554 Pacific Coast Highway within the appealable coastal zone

APN: 4473-015-007

ZONING: Rural Residential -2 (RR-2)

CITY PLANNER: Stephanie Danner, 456-2489, ext. 276

The city of Malibu doesn't have its building records online, so couldn't check when the property was built. I wonder if they found the remains while building, or if the property was already built when they found the remains. The property is surrounded by a state park, so maybe it was untouched for a long time.

Not that all that helps much unfortunately...

Oh wow, Clemy - that's interesting!

I thought those names looked familiar!

Hey everyone,
    So I took the liberty the other day to try and contact the investigator, and he actually got back to me tonight:

The only information that we have is that the decedent was found on a beach in Malibu, CA. A composite drawing was not possible because the decedent was too young and had not developed enough characteristics. We have sent a DNA sample to the California DOJ-DNA lab in Richmond, CA.

Unless they somehow get a DNA match, there's nothing much to go by! So sad!!

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/3530
    Dental charting comes out in the 12-22 month range.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast