1502 users online (236 members and 1266 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

This is a thread I have been meaning to start for a while. What other news events happened in 1996? I was thinking we may get clues from other big news stories of the year (whether you are IDI or RDI).

So far, this is what I have come up with:

The Menendez brothers were convicted in their 2nd trial

The Unabomber was arrested

The Atlanta Olympic bombing

The Khobar Towers bombing

Tupac was shot and killed

OJ Simpson civil trial began

Any thoughts, anyone???

Ebonics was recongnized in Oakland California as an official and separate language. I kinda considered this a crime, or at least and assalt on the English language.

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    Ebonics was recongnized in Oakland California as an official and separate language. I kinda considered this a crime, or at least and assalt on the English language.
    Was there any Ebonics in the Ransom note???

Here is a list of all the movies made in 96:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_in_film

Some more 1996 events:

Prince Charles and Princess Di divorced
    Mad Cow Disease
    Cloning of Dolly the sheep
    Osama bin Laden is expelled from the Sudan and moves to Afghanistan
    Bombing in Paris subway
    30 black churches in Mississippi are burned down

I believe Darlie Routier killed 2 of her 3 boys in June,'96,claiming an intruder did it.I don't recall in Dec. '96,where the case was at publicly by that point though.
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

JMO--You are correct. That was supposed to go on my list, but I completely forgot to put it down. Thank you for reminding me! That's an important one (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Squishified View Post
    JMO--You are correct. That was supposed to go on my list, but I completely forgot to put it down. Thank you for reminding me! That's an important one (in my opinion).
    yes,these 'intruders' sure made their rounds that year,didn't they?!
    something to ponder:

When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Just wanted to add..the first bombing of the WTC was in 1993..just 3 yrs earlier.So I don't think it was way off base for the R's to have thrown in 'SFF' ..and when McVeigh bombed the OK building just a yr earlier,the first thought was foreign terrorism.
    something to ponder:

Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778 View Post
    Just wanted to add..the first bombing of the WTC was in 1993..just 3 yrs earlier.So I don't think it was way off base for the R's to have thrown in 'SFF' ..and when McVeigh bombed the OK building just a yr earlier,the first thought was foreign terrorism.
    Good thinking, JMO8778!!

yes,these 'intruders' sure made their rounds that year,didn't they?!

Word keeping d-lo

Didn't also Lockheed have some training for it's employees about terrorism about the time JR worked there. IIRC this would be fresh in JR's mind about 1996.

And I do think the OJ affair had some impact on this case. BPD was overly defensive IMO, maybe because they were scared to make mistakes like LE made in the OJ case. There could be other reasons for their actions of course...

Quote Originally Posted by tumble View Post
    Didn't also Lockheed have some training for it's employees about terrorism about the time JR worked there. IIRC this would be fresh in JR's mind about 1996.

And I do think the OJ affair had some impact on this case. BPD was overly defensive IMO, maybe because they were scared to make mistakes like LE made in the OJ case. There could be other reasons for their actions of course...
    http://www.dpkpr.com/en/art/?30

From this link: Lockheed Martin security officers found "no substance" in a theory that JonBenet's murder was related to Access Graphics' foreign business dealing as reportedly written in the ransom note, even though John Ramsey himself had appeared on CNN saying "I don't know if it was an attack on me, on my company...."

And this thread talks about Lockheed and security procedures:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...light=lockheed

Quote Originally Posted by Squishified View Post
    http://www.dpkpr.com/en/art/?30

From this link: Lockheed Martin security officers found "no substance" in a theory that JonBenet's murder was related to Access Graphics' foreign business dealing as reportedly written in the ransom note, even though John Ramsey himself had appeared on CNN saying "I don't know if it was an attack on me, on my company...."
    Company can also be defined as a companion, or someone who is with you.

-Tea

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast