1279 users online (228 members and 1051 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I really could care less if they have to live under a bridge like the trolls they are.

Its just to bad that a hurricane did not wipe them all out.
    Maybe they should simply keep the sex offenders in jail forever..

The slight indignity they must suffer by having nowhere to go pales compared to what their victims suffered I am sure.

In a nut shell Miami-Dade county is saying "WE don't want you living here".

This is just really weird. Some or most of them deserve it though.

good, maybe they should expand their little commune right into the sewers

Talisman is offline Walk lightly in the spring; Mother Earth is pregnant. Kiowa proverb
    jipc,

Thanks for posting this article, but I must admit I didn't read all of the pages ... just can't seem to muster up enough sympathy for the child molesters to continue reading. It seemed like it was written to try to garner sympathy for them (as far as I read anyway).

The article mentioned, very briefly, a few that left the bridge 'home'. That is honestly the only thing that bothers me about the whole thing. Some can just slip away? What about sex regestry addresses? Personally, I want to know where every sex offender is located at any given time. (Unless it {article} states it on one of the later pages, as I said, couldn't finish reading it-no sympathy here)

"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and stars."
    from Desiderata by Max Ehrlmann

Simple solution

I think my siggy says it all. These people don't even deserve to breath air! The can crawl back under the rock the came out of for all I care. How is the hell does anybody expect sympathy for their circumstances, after what tehy have done. If there were a spitting smiley I'd put it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    jipc,

Thanks for posting this article, but I must admit I didn't read all of the pages ... just can't seem to muster up enough sympathy for the child molesters to continue reading. It seemed like it was written to try to garner sympathy for them (as far as I read anyway).

The article mentioned, very briefly, a few that left the bridge 'home'. That is honestly the only thing that bothers me about the whole thing. Some can just slip away? What about sex regestry addresses? Personally, I want to know where every sex offender is located at any given time. (Unless it {article} states it on one of the later pages, as I said, couldn't finish reading it-no sympathy here)

The article stated that the probation officers are the ones sending these scum bags to live under the bridge.
    I agree it was disgusting to read about the "poor" sex offenders and of course several claimed to simply have had sex with a consenting GF at a young age.... Even the man charged with molesting his own daughter was defended by the daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    jipc,

Talisman I understand your point, but they can slip away at anytime no matter where they live. I doubt we'll ever know where every sex offender lives that has been convicted. This isn't going to work, but I do take a little pleasure in knowing they're angry. I looked up the mug shots of the people mentioned in the article and their offenses. The fact they are even living period should frighten people. Most interesting in the article it stated a woman and child were fishing by this den of creeps. THey were warned by the poor soul has to keep track of these freaks and here the woman flipped. Seems her relative lives under there. Yeah, good way to expose your child to a pack of sexual offenders, lady.

It's well-documented that residency restrictions don't lead to a descrease in sexual offenses. This is a bad law which has led to a ridiculous outcome. I'm sure the law will be overturned within the next few years.

I'm all about trying new things to protect our children from being molested. Unfortunately, politicians too often put on dog and pony shows like this - they pass silly laws that appear to be tough on crime but are really just a way to pander to scared voters.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    It's well-documented that residency restrictions don't lead to a descrease in sexual offenses. This is a bad law which has led to a ridiculous outcome. I'm sure the law will be overturned within the next few years.

I'm all about trying new things to protect our children from being molested. Unfortunately, politicians too often put on dog and pony shows like this - they pass silly laws that appear to be tough on crime but are really just a way to pander to scared voters.
    Seriously...I'd like to see the links to the "well documented" statistics that you refere to. I doubt that you can put a freaking POS molestor in front of a group of children without him getting arroused, so I don't agree with that statement at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64 View Post
    Seriously...I'd like to see the links to the "well documented" statistics that you refere to. I doubt that you can put a freaking POS molestor in front of a group of children without him getting arroused, so I don't agree with that statement at all.
    The vast majority of children who are molested (85% or something) are molested by someone with no prior convictions. Also, most children (9 out of 10) are molested by someone they know, not some random pedophile off the street. In my own life, this last statistic is particularly startling - I know many many people who were sexually abused as children - in every instance, they knew their abuser.

Most convicted child molesters are situational molesters, not pedophiles - that's a well-accepted fact in LE and social work.

Yes - there are pedophiles out there who target and harm and sometimes kill children they don't know. But kids are in more danger from from opportunistic adults they do know.

If we let any criminal back on the streets, they have a much better chance of not reoffending if they have a place to live and a job. If we want to keep child molesters (pedophiles and situational) in jail forever, then fine - let's work towards laws that do that. But if we release them back into society, we need to give them a start towards not re-offending - living under a bridge is not that start.

It's a bad law. It doesn't protect our children and it all but guarantees that those men will reoffend in some form or fashion - though perhaps not sexually. That's not a good thing for Florida or society.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Talisman is offline Walk lightly in the spring; Mother Earth is pregnant. Kiowa proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    The article stated that the probation officers are the ones sending these scum bags to live under the bridge.
    I agree it was disgusting to read about the "poor" sex offenders and of course several claimed to simply have had sex with a consenting GF at a young age.... Even the man charged with molesting his own daughter was defended by the daughter.
    Thanks for posting, Amraann.

When reporters and authors try to sway readers with their sympathy for the offenders- I throw the article/book away. It just sickens me! And there are people out there in this world that can't seem to tell when they are being 'duped'.

My pain remains with the victims of crime. It was the offenders choice to commit the crime. They aren't zombies, they have brains, they make choices!!! I have read and heard way too many stories about sex offenders being released and repeating their selfish twisted crimes!!

Sounds sort of like their camping out, to me. People spend quite a bit of money doing that on vacation every year. Depends on your perspective?

Thanks again, Amraann.

"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and stars."
    from Desiderata by Max Ehrlmann

Oh thats to bad my oh my they live under a bridge.

I personally think these dirt bags should camp in He!!
    Joann thank you for showing me all the beautiful things in this world especially yourself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nappy2 View Post
    Oh thats to bad my oh my they live under a bridge.

I personally think these dirt bags should camp in He!!
    I don't think hell wants them either!

Quote Originally Posted by deanws View Post
    I don't think hell wants them either!

I think your right!

Joann thank you for showing me all the beautiful things in this world especially yourself!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast