Sex Offenders Set Up Camp

I really could care less if they have to live under a bridge like the trolls they are.

Its just to bad that a hurricane did not wipe them all out.
Maybe they should simply keep the sex offenders in jail forever..

The slight indignity they must suffer by having nowhere to go pales compared to what their victims suffered I am sure.

In a nut shell Miami-Dade county is saying "WE don't want you living here".

This is just really weird. Some or most of them deserve it though.

good, maybe they should expand their little commune right into the sewers

jipc,

Thanks for posting this article, but I must admit I didn't read all of the pages ... just can't seem to muster up enough sympathy for the child molesters to continue reading. It seemed like it was written to try to garner sympathy for them (as far as I read anyway).

The article mentioned, very briefly, a few that left the bridge 'home'. That is honestly the only thing that bothers me about the whole thing. Some can just slip away? What about sex regestry addresses? Personally, I want to know where every sex offender is located at any given time. (Unless it {article} states it on one of the later pages, as I said, couldn't finish reading it-no sympathy here)

I think my siggy says it all. These people don't even deserve to breath air! The can crawl back under the rock the came out of for all I care. How is the hell does anybody expect sympathy for their circumstances, after what tehy have done. If there were a spitting smiley I'd put it here!

jipc,

Thanks for posting this article, but I must admit I didn't read all of the pages ... just can't seem to muster up enough sympathy for the child molesters to continue reading. It seemed like it was written to try to garner sympathy for them (as far as I read anyway).

The article mentioned, very briefly, a few that left the bridge 'home'. That is honestly the only thing that bothers me about the whole thing. Some can just slip away? What about sex regestry addresses? Personally, I want to know where every sex offender is located at any given time. (Unless it {article} states it on one of the later pages, as I said, couldn't finish reading it-no sympathy here)

The article stated that the probation officers are the ones sending these scum bags to live under the bridge.
I agree it was disgusting to read about the "poor" sex offenders and of course several claimed to simply have had sex with a consenting GF at a young age.... Even the man charged with molesting his own daughter was defended by the daughter.

jipc,

Talisman I understand your point, but they can slip away at anytime no matter where they live. I doubt we'll ever know where every sex offender lives that has been convicted. This isn't going to work, but I do take a little pleasure in knowing they're angry. I looked up the mug shots of the people mentioned in the article and their offenses. The fact they are even living period should frighten people. Most interesting in the article it stated a woman and child were fishing by this den of creeps. THey were warned by the poor soul has to keep track of these freaks and here the woman flipped. Seems her relative lives under there. Yeah, good way to expose your child to a pack of sexual offenders, lady.

It's well-documented that residency restrictions don't lead to a descrease in sexual offenses. This is a bad law which has led to a ridiculous outcome. I'm sure the law will be overturned within the next few years.

I'm all about trying new things to protect our children from being molested. Unfortunately, politicians too often put on dog and pony shows like this - they pass silly laws that appear to be tough on crime but are really just a way to pander to scared voters.

It's well-documented that residency restrictions don't lead to a descrease in sexual offenses. This is a bad law which has led to a ridiculous outcome. I'm sure the law will be overturned within the next few years.

I'm all about trying new things to protect our children from being molested. Unfortunately, politicians too often put on dog and pony shows like this - they pass silly laws that appear to be tough on crime but are really just a way to pander to scared voters.

Seriously...I'd like to see the links to the "well documented" statistics that you refere to. I doubt that you can put a freaking molestor in front of a group of children without him getting arroused, so I don't agree with that statement at all.

Seriously...I'd like to see the links to the "well documented" statistics that you refere to. I doubt that you can put a freaking molestor in front of a group of children without him getting arroused, so I don't agree with that statement at all.

The vast majority of children who are molested (85% or something) are molested by someone with no prior convictions. Also, most children (9 out of 10) are molested by someone they know, not some random pedophile off the street. In my own life, this last statistic is particularly startling - I know many many people who were sexually abused as children - in every instance, they knew their abuser.

Most convicted child molesters are situational molesters, not pedophiles - that's a well-accepted fact in LE and social work.

Yes - there are pedophiles out there who target and harm and sometimes kill children they don't know. But kids are in more danger from from opportunistic adults they do know.

If we let any criminal back on the streets, they have a much better chance of not reoffending if they have a place to live and a job. If we want to keep child molesters (pedophiles and situational) in jail forever, then fine - let's work towards laws that do that. But if we release them back into society, we need to give them a start towards not re-offending - living under a bridge is not that start.

It's a bad law. It doesn't protect our children and it all but guarantees that those men will reoffend in some form or fashion - though perhaps not sexually. That's not a good thing for Florida or society.

The article stated that the probation officers are the ones sending these scum bags to live under the bridge.
I agree it was disgusting to read about the "poor" sex offenders and of course several claimed to simply have had sex with a consenting GF at a young age.... Even the man charged with molesting his own daughter was defended by the daughter.

Thanks for posting, Amraann.

When reporters and authors try to sway readers with their sympathy for the offenders- I throw the article/book away. It just sickens me! And there are people out there in this world that can't seem to tell when they are being 'duped'.

My pain remains with the victims of crime. It was the offenders choice to commit the crime. They aren't zombies, they have brains, they make choices!!! I have read and heard way too many stories about sex offenders being released and repeating their selfish twisted crimes!!

Sounds sort of like their camping out, to me. People spend quite a bit of money doing that on vacation every year. Depends on your perspective?

Thanks again, Amraann.

Oh thats to bad my oh my they live under a bridge.

I personally think these dirt bags should camp in He!!:banghead: :banghead: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :sick: :sick: :sick: :bang: :bang:

Oh thats to bad my oh my they live under a bridge.

I personally think these dirt bags should camp in He!!:banghead: :banghead: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :sick: :sick: :sick: :bang: :bang:
I don't think hell wants them either!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But if we release them back into society, we need to give them a start towards not re-offending - living under a bridge is not that start.
Living by a school isn't either though, SCM. Allowing them access to children in any capacity is not a good start.

I know that nobody twisted these scum bags arms to be perverts and sex offenders they made that choice on their own ! I have no heart for people like these ! They need to suffer the rest of their lives !

I think living under a bridge is pretty nice compared to where they should be living :bang: :mad:

Thanks for posting, Amraann.

When reporters and authors try to sway readers with their sympathy for the offenders- I throw the article/book away. It just sickens me! And there are people out there in this world that can't seem to tell when they are being 'duped'.

My pain remains with the victims of crime. It was the offenders choice to commit the crime. They aren't zombies, they have brains, they make choices!!! I have read and heard way too many stories about sex offenders being released and repeating their selfish twisted crimes!!

Sounds sort of like their camping out, to me. People spend quite a bit of money doing that on vacation every year. Depends on your perspective?

Thanks again, Amraann.

Your welcome!
Yes people do spend a lot of money camping.. Hubby runs a campground and last year it brought in something like 3 million in revenue.

I don't know if its like Southcitymom said in that these laws do not slow down sex offenders.
I tend to believe that nothing stops a sex offender. I think they should never be set free.
I also think that there should be some distinguishing a true sex offender from some guy who peed on a tree or an 18 yo who slept with his 16 yo GF.

O wow I hope nobody thinks I posted the article in support of sexual predators because that certainly was not my intention. Although I do know of somebody that had gotten in trouble for going to the bathroom outdoors and because it was close to a park he was convicted and labeled a sexual predator. Each case is different but I certainly do not support real sexual predators.

I posted the article because I cant believe that our system has gotten so screwed up that it has come to this. As a Miami resident it is quite a shock to realize how screwed up our laws are. The law itself could be great but they should have looked at all the angles of it which they didn't. Again, I hope I didn't offend anybody here. I love this site and last thing I would ever want to do is to upset anybody here.

Amraann,

Thank you for posting.

I agree that the law should allow for the difference of degrees of the offense. Peeing on a tree shouldn't even be lumped in with the catagory of a sex offense!! How ridiculous! I also agree with you that sex offenders and child molesters don't stop.
Southcitymom seems like a true sweetheart in all of her posts I've read. She is much more forgiving than I am. There are some criminals that probably can be , and have been rehabilitated. I've just read and seen too many reports that say sex offenders don't fit in that group. They have a sickness. One of which there seems to be no cure for.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back