Identified! TX - Houston, Male found w/ bike, Jun'05 - Jeronimo Martinez

jodierenee

websleuth addict
Reaction score
Guys, this one looks easily solvable. There are many clues left, we just have to search.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U0709008

items recovered include a bicycle, sport sunglasses, black Nike glove, Converse shoes, and he was also found with a hatchet in his back pocket.

We even know the serial number of the bicycle.

Someone has to recognize the baseball cap.

Can someone help me estimate his weight if he was wearing Size 16 Old Navy pants? I'm not sure about men's sizes.

OK, size 16 jeans from Old Navy are only in the boy's section. This means either the age estimate is correct, and he's just really small, or the age estimate is off, and the UID should be younger.

According to the Old Navy size chart, size 16 is usually age 13-14, height of 60-62 inches, and waist of 28-30 inches.

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/sizeChart.do?cid=17328

Size 16 pant sounds like a youth size. My son moved to adult size after size 14 and wears a size 30 waist in men's size. Wore a youth size 14 after that, and the length was too short in youth. He is 13, but very tall, now 5'10", 145 lbs. So I would estimate around that weight, shorter in height? I would lean towards a younger age if he was wearing youth sizes. Size 9 shoe also leads me to lean toward shorter size. Son wears 10-10 1/2.

The gloves strike me as really odd during the middle of June in hot, humid Houston.

I'm thinking he was young. My son hasn't worn size 16 since the seventh or eighth grade. My husband wears a 9 shoe and is 6 ft. So I think it's probably hard to tell age by shoe size. My brothers are all short and none of them wear a size 16 pants.

Anyone come up with any ideas on this? I've been researching and haven't found anything that resembles a match yet. Still looking though. Didn't want you to think I wasn't on it.;)

I'm not having much luck either. The age discrepancy is throwing me off. I've been looking for younger males (13-17) and I am not finding many.

One that might be worth looking at is Mark Degner. He and his friend Brian Hayes ran away from Florida in February 05. They were only 12 years old.
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=30537

I wish we knew the cause of death. That would help narrow things down.

I wonder if this gentleman was possibly Hispanic. I say this because of his small stature and weight. A good deal of Hispanic men are small in comparison to American males. The bike also makes me think perhaps he was Hispanic as a large portion of recent immigrants use this mode of transportation to look for jobs etc. Could he be an illegal immigrant or a newly arrived legal immigrant with family in Mexico who are unaware of his unfortunate outcome?

According to the Doe Network, this man has been identified:

The victim was located on June 20, 2005 in Houston, Harris County, Texas. He was identified as Jeronimo Martinez Jr.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back