Thread: SC - Verlisha Littlejohn, 24, Gaffney, Dec 2007

Hybrid View

SC - Verlisha Littlejohn, 24, Gaffney, Dec 2007

http://www.goupstate.com/article/200...NEWS/712180344

18 Dec 07

Georgia authorities will compare DNA obtained Monday from a missing Gaffney woman's mother to remains of a dismembered body found near LaGrange, as parallel investigations develop in the disappearance of Verlisha Littlejohn and the discovery of that body.

Cherokee County sheriff's investigators had developed few leads in the Nov. 28 disappearance of the 24-year-old caregiver of adults with special needs...

much, much more at link

pic

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hoppyfrog For This Useful Post:

Oh, Lord, this is so sad =( ... it sounds like that call she last made to her mother that got disconnected; she was trying to say i love you for the last time. Whoever killed her is a sick POS to have been able to chop her up and put the body parts in different bags and then attempt to burn them.
    This is a murder case, can it be moved to crimes in the news?
    I want to say it was someone who knew her, yet it's so hard to picture someone chopping up someone out of a crime of passion.. maybe they knew of her and she didn't know them?
    My prayers for her family..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MeoW333 For This Useful Post:

Isn't this a strange case? I hope they find the creep that did this before it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Isn't this a strange case? I hope they find the creep that did this before it happens again.
    It's horrible, the way they disposed of the body.. it sounds as if it were mafia style yet flawed as the bags didn't burn all the way. I doubt it's mafia maybe whoever did it is trying to throw off LE when they found it? We had a case around here some odd years back in which some body parts were found in bags in trash cans, yet i can't remember who did it.. I wonder if she had any ex boyfriends who had it out for her..

I'll never understand how one human being can cutup another human being. You have to be pretty sick to do something like that. LE must have a reason to think that this is the missing female. I hope it is so her family can find some peace and bury her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    I'll never understand how one human being can cutup another human being. You have to be pretty sick to do something like that. LE must have a reason to think that this is the missing female. I hope it is so her family can find some peace and bury her.
    You are exactly right. I cannot even begin to imagine how they do it! There are some pretty sick people in this world. I wonder if this case could be linked to the female who disappeared near Tallahassee, Fl. I think she was found dismembered also. (Cheryl Hodges)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRNB View Post
    You are exactly right. I cannot even begin to imagine how they do it! There are some pretty sick people in this world. I wonder if this case could be linked to the female who disappeared near Tallahassee, Fl. I think she was found dismembered also. (Cheryl Hodges)
    I am wondering the same thing. It is unusual for a perp to mutilate/dismember a body. I wonder if the LE agencies are sharing info as in Tallahassee LE is circulating pics of a unique looking green truck.

Oh my! I am going to Gaffney next week to visit friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishified View Post
    I live here. There are some areas of town to avoid, but mostly it is a peaceful town.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I live here. There are some areas of town to avoid, but mostly it is a peaceful town.
    I've never been before. We have friends who moved there over the summer. We will only be there a day and a half.
    I live just south of Myrtle Beach. Howdy, neighbor!

Hey! Myrtle Beach is a favorite vacation spot of ours. When you visit, keep a lookout for Verlisha's posters. They are everywhere. Her family really misses her and wants answers.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. E For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    Hey! Myrtle Beach is a favorite vacation spot of ours. When you visit, keep a lookout for Verlisha's posters. They are everywhere. Her family really misses her and wants answers.
    I definitely will! Hope she is found before I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishified View Post
    Don't stop at either of the rest-stops for Gaffney on I-85!!!! I used to drive that route and stop there all the time. Then they found a home-made bomb in one of the bathrooms! (I can't remember which one--there's a rest-stop at each end of town.) I stopped stopping there!

*Sorry for the off-topic!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...eryl+hodges+fl

There is the link to Cheryl Hodges (i think originally in the missing forum) so it is easier for people to get to and compare..

I pass by one of those rest stops all the time on the way to Greenville! I am glad that I never decided to stop! Makes me wonder if it's very safe going to shop in Gaffney? (At the outlets)

Remains Found In GA Not Littlejohn

A family relieved, but still searching after remains found do not match their missing daughter.

25-year-old Verlishia Littlejohn has been missing since November 28th. Her family members thought they had some closure when detectives in Georgia found a trash bag with a woman's remains, but Littlejohn's mother says sheriff's deputies told her that DNA test results on the remains do not match Verlisha.

The family was relieved but this only makes them worry more about where Verlishia could be.

http://www.wspa.com/midatlantic/spa/...2-26-0011.html

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Rle7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRNB View Post
    I pass by one of those rest stops all the time on the way to Greenville! I am glad that I never decided to stop! Makes me wonder if it's very safe going to shop in Gaffney? (At the outlets)
    It is safe to shop at the outlet mall, and the prices aren't bad, either.

Found deceased

http://www.wspa.com/midatlantic/spa/...1-05-0003.html

5 Jan 08

The body of 25-year old Verlisha Littlejohn was positively identified on Saturday, one day after it was pulled from the Broad River in Cherokee Falls.

more at link

23. The Following User Says Thank You to hoppyfrog For This Useful Post:

Amazingly, this was the second body pulled from Broad River at around this time. A missing teen was also found in the Broad.

Verlisha has been identified postively through dental records.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. E For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    http://www.wspa.com/midatlantic/spa/...1-05-0003.html

5 Jan 08

The body of 25-year old Verlisha Littlejohn was positively identified on Saturday, one day after it was pulled from the Broad River in Cherokee Falls.

more at link
    Thank you for the update, hoppyfrog. Too bad it is such sad news.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Squishified For This Useful Post:

And with someone so in touch with her caring side, and loving of her family - What is going on with all these 'deaths by water?!!!'
    Last edited by Enchanted; 01-08-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Missing worms...

They found her car in the river too.

http://www.wspa.com/midatlantic/spa/...1-08-0020.html

30. The Following User Says Thank You to nnglas For This Useful Post: