Fire Rages In White House Campus Building-Breaking News

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/
Watching live video of fire at Eisenhower Executive Office Building

Everyone evacuated safely. Nobody trapped. Pres and VP aware of it and are in separate parts of the West Wing. Seems to be electrical in nature. Fire is contained per Homeland Security.

No jokes now.

The Eisenhower Executive Office Building, across the street from the White House, is on fire and smoke is pouring from the structure as firefighters swarm the structure.

The blaze appeared to be located near the ceremonial office of Vice President Dick Cheney on the second floor of the building. The vice president was across the street in his office in the West Wing of the White House when the fire broke out.

CNN reported 15 fire trucks on the scene, and live video showed District of Columbia firefighters attacking the fire with water hoses, breaking windows to gain access and moving furniture from the building onto a balcony.

Secret Service spokesman Darrin Blackford said the Old Executive Office building was evacuated as a precaution.

The Executive Office Building houses the Office of Management and Budget and staff of the National Security Council and other agencies.

The building is located next to the West Wing.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/14888588...reak&ts=T&tmi=john_natlbreak_1_08580412192007

The Eisenhower Executive Office Building, across the street from the White House, is on fire and smoke is pouring from the structure as firefighters swarm the structure.

The blaze appeared to be located near the ceremonial office of Vice President Dick Cheney on the second floor of the building. The vice president was across the street in his office in the West Wing of the White House when the fire broke out.

CNN reported 15 fire trucks on the scene, and live video showed District of Columbia firefighters attacking the fire with water hoses, breaking windows to gain access and moving furniture from the building onto a balcony.

Secret Service spokesman Darrin Blackford said the Old Executive Office building was evacuated as a precaution.

The Executive Office Building houses the Office of Management and Budget and staff of the National Security Council and other agencies.

The building is located next to the West Wing.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/14888588/detail.html?treets=john&tml=john_natlbreak&ts=T&tmi=john_natlbreak_1_08580412192007http://www.wjactv.com/news/14888588...reak&ts=T&tmi=john_natlbreak_1_08580412192007

Hope no one is hurt and I'm glad Cheney was across the street when the fire broke out... With his luck, he would most likely have been held responsible for the fire...Ready...Aim...FiRe... :silenced:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I'm glad Cheney was across the street when the fire broke out... With his luck, he would most likely have been held responsible for the fire...Ready...Aim...FiRe... :silenced:
:dance:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Firefighters quickly doused a two-alarm fire Wednesday in the historic Eisenhower Executive Office Building, which houses the vice president's ceremonial offices and the majority of the White House staff.
art.fireman.eeob.cnn.jpg

A firefighter carries a table out of the building, which houses the vice president's ceremonial offices.

Firefighting crews used axes to break windows on the third floor of the ornate building shortly after the two-alarm blaze broke out after 9 a.m.
The fire started near the vice presidential offices, CNN's Kathleen Koch reported.
At its peak, heavy black smoke streamed from the building., smoke had stopped pouring from the building and was replaced by a fine mist of water, which the firefighters used to ventilate the building until they could get fans set up.
Vice President Dick Cheney's working offices are in the West Wing of the White House, where he was at the time of the fire.
The White House is adjacent to the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.
There were no reports of injuries from the blaze, which appeared to be confined to the third floor, said D.C. Fire Department spokesman Alan Etter. Etter said the blaze appeared to have started in an electrical closet or a telephone bank.
"We have this under control

I saw on TV tonight that that was a very historic table, that even Teddy Roosevelt and other VP's used.

It was an historic room, evidently the floor flooded with water. A shame.

Good thing no one was hurt!

Hope no one is hurt and I'm glad Cheney was across the street when the fire broke out... With his luck, he would most likely have been held responsible for the fire...Ready...Aim...FiRe... :silenced:

Now that we know no one was hurt, I think it's only fair to mention that fires often erupt spontaneously around Satan.

They were making jokes about this on the radio WHILE it was happening. I had plenty going though my head, but :innocent: .

I watched that fireman move that table and was holding my breath. Any other building he would have just tossed it out the door!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back