FL FL - Judith Osteen, 60, Dixie County, Dec 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20071218/NEWS/712180317/1002/NEWS

Dixie County officials are looking for a 60-year-old woman who may have been kidnapped from the home where she had been living with her 64-year-old sister.

Judith D. Osteen was last seen late Saturday night or early Sunday morning by her sister, according to the Sheriff's Office, which is withholding the sister's identity. The sisters lived more than nine miles north of U.S. 19/98 off State Road 349.

Capt. Chad Reed said Osteen and her sister went to sleep in their separate bedrooms uneventfully Saturday night. The sister told investigators that she woke up when a man came into her bedroom and forced her onto the floor. According to the sister, Osteen walked into the bedroom at that point and the man grabbed her and forcibly took her from the home.

much more at link

pic
bilde

If the sister is right it sounds like there was a kidnapping. I wonder if any items are missing from the home?

Has anyone thought about Gary Michael Hilton as a possible suspect? I mean, they've placed him in Tallahassee 10 days prior. This guy seems to be lurking in just about every remote place there is.

I just don't understand, this poor woman has been missing since Dec.15th and hardly anything mentioned about her anywhere. I had property years ago in Old Town close to the intersection of 349 and 351 where Judith Osteen lived. There's alot of woods in that area. I'd love to be a fly on the wall of Old Town Tavern and hear what the gossip is about her.

Here's another link w/ a better picture of her.

http://www.gainesvillesun.com/article/20080109/NEWS/933762237

As this is my first time posting at ws, I will thank you in advance for any and all energies that have gone into the case of Judith Osteen, literally carried out of her house, by what a witness said, "a white faced man, with gray hair".

A year has come and gone , still no news of what happened to Judith that night.
Her daughter and I drove past Judith's still empty house yesterday, wishing her christmas could turn out to be that she has been found.

Judiths daughter's tears flowed then, as the pain of ones missing mother, remains fast and now.

again, thank you for remembering the missing...mio

As this is my first time posting at ws, I will thank you in advance for any and all energies that have gone into the case of Judith Osteen, literally carried out of her house, by what a witness said, "a white faced man, with gray hair".

A year has come and gone , still no news of what happened to Judith that night.
Her daughter and I drove past Judith's still empty house yesterday, wishing her christmas could turn out to be that she has been found.

Judiths daughter's tears flowed then, as the pain of ones missing mother, remains fast and now.

again, thank you for remembering the missing...mio

Prayers are with Judith's daughter, may her mother be found soon.

Mioyshi, is your avatar a picture of your carving for Caylee? If so, is it possible to enlarge it? I would love to see it but with eyes as they are, am unable to see detail at that size. Thank you.

And Welcome to WS.

thank you for the kind thoughts.....
yes, my avitar is, " Caylee's Babysitter", I carved in her memory.
This babysitter will forever hold the infant in her arms, always watching the child. the railroad tracks are for the area we searched for Caylee.
The many white horses, for TES, as they too lead up to the Creator.
Oddly enough, the wood I used for "Caylee's Babysitter", I found while we were searching for Jenifer Kesse.
WE went to search for Caylee three different times. I am so sad for the Anthony family ..and all the families who deal each day, with a missing loved one.
mio

Attachments

• 100_7878.jpg
    100_7878.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 78
Thank you, "Caylee's Babysitter" is a beautiful tribute to her.

I did some reading on Judith. Nothing new has come up it seems. When Judith walked into her sister's room that night it read as if the man stopped his attack on the sister rather agreeably?? Didn't sound like Judith had to battle him away from her. Is that correct?

Thank you, "Caylee's Babysitter" is a beautiful tribute to her.

I did some reading on Judith. Nothing new has come up it seems. When Judith walked into her sister's room that night it read as if the man stopped his attack on the sister rather agreeably?? Didn't sound like Judith had to battle him away from her. Is that correct?

From what judiths sister told us personally, the man apparently stepped back into the shadows when Judith came into her sisters room, after hearing her call out for help.

The man had pulled the sister to the floor, ( we are not sure if he thought it was Judith he was pulling to the floor at that time )
judith came into the room, and got her back onto the bed, before the man came out to show himself ..

THese are the last words, the sister told us Judith said...

" She ( refering to the sister) is not in on this..
She is deaf and dumb and can not tell anyone ..she does not know anything."

(the sister is NOT deaf, nor dumb, so Judith actually saved her sisters life)

At that time, sister told us, the man picked judith up, and carried her out into the nights storm....

The le fbi , came , took judiths comp, finally eliminating any there involved..

We know that serial killer Hilton came through here, we are not exactly eliminating him as a suspect either, although le has ....mio

for Mothers Day, we drove to Judiths now empty house. The weeds have grown tall there . The rented trailor;s which sat on the land next to Judiths house have been torn down.

No word at all from le, but hope is always there until we know the truth, as to where Judith Osteen is.

We wished her Happy Mothers day, while we sat in the car and looked at the front yard where Judith would drive a tractor to mow. She is remembered. aho >---> mio

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back