1156 users online (246 members and 910 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Burger King Prank/No More Whoppers Sold

whopperfreakout.com

I am sure MOST of us have prob. seen this on tv...just wondered what yall thought about it...
    Me, I LOVE whoppers, even double-whoppers on occasion ( ), YUM YUM, IF IF IF IF IF BK stopped serving whoppers, I'd quit going there....what would be the point?
    Also I am not sure WHY they thought to pull this prank?

I think they pulled this prank to cause people like us to do just what we're doing. lol
    The prank makes people talk about Burger King. They talk about it and next thing they know they're driving to get a Whopper.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    I think they pulled this prank to cause people like us to do just what we're doing. lol
    The prank makes people talk about Burger King. They talk about it and next thing they know they're driving to get a Whopper.

true...bad publicity is good publicity right? lol?
    Well I love whoppers...as a matter of fact hubby and I were watching the above link tonight and I was like ummm, you know what would taste REALLY good right now? You guessed it....a whopper!

"Hold the pickels, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us". WR, I worked at a BK as a kid. Whoppers rock. Good times working in that place. You'd have loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    "Hold the pickels, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us". WR, I worked at a BK as a kid. Whoppers rock. Good times working in that place. You'd have loved it.
    I worked there as a kid, too. (College kid.) I THOUGHT my last day of work was the previous day, and I was three sheets to the wind drunk and learning to skateboard in my livingroom (God, I miss college!) when I got a call that my last night of work was actually NOW! I went in, drunk as a skunk - gave fries to everyone, handed out extra everything and eventually they sent me home for being too friendly. I was a happy drunk. :-)
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    I worked there as a kid, too. (College kid.) I THOUGHT my last day of work was the previous day, and I was three sheets to the wind drunk and learning to skateboard in my livingroom (God, I miss college!) when I got a call that my last night of work was actually NOW! I went in, drunk as a skunk - gave fries to everyone, handed out extra everything and eventually they sent me home for being too friendly. I was a happy drunk. :-)
    LMAO!!! I am not a BK fan but mostly because the charbroiled stuff makes me burp. My sister and I call it Burper King. these commercials have me cracking up though! More than once my kids have said "Can we go there?" after watching the commercials. They love it so we occasionally eat there and when we do I like the whopper with cheese no tomato please. lol
    Linette

Quote Originally Posted by LinetteH View Post
    LMAO!!! I am not a BK fan but mostly because the charbroiled stuff makes me burp. My sister and I call it Burper King. these commercials have me cracking up though! More than once my kids have said "Can we go there?" after watching the commercials. They love it so we occasionally eat there and when we do I like the whopper with cheese no tomato please. lol
    I keep thinking the happy meal toys should be coupons for angioplasty.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    It's a clever marketing ploy.

Burger King was my very first employer. I was 15 years old and my father said - "You're old enough to have a job instead of spending all summer on the beach getting into trouble." I went to BK and they hired me and I worked there all summer and learned a lot....but I still managed to find some time for trouble!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I'm more of a Big Mac guy, but needless to say this tempts me to go out and get a whopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I'm more of a Big Mac guy, but needless to say this tempts me to go out and get a whopper.
    I'm a Quarter Pounder with cheese and a large fry...especially after I have been sick... QPw/cheese and fries can grow a new arm or a new leg!
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by angelwngs View Post
    I'm a Quarter Pounder with cheese and a large fry...especially after I have been sick... QPw/cheese and fries can grow a new arm or a new leg!
    I like the double quarter pounder with cheese. That alone is 700 calories.

Isn't the DQPw/C a totally sinful pleasure!

(and the excellent cooking oil, salt and type of fries MickeyD's uses...OMG, if I could buy them and make them at home...I would never be able to leave my house, because I wouldn't be able to get through the door!!! )
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

Mr. Masterj is obsessed with the BK Double Stacker with bacon. He loves Burger King.

Quote Originally Posted by angelwngs View Post
    Isn't the DQPw/C a totally sinful pleasure!

(and the excellent cooking oil, salt and type of fries MickeyD's uses...OMG, if I could buy them and make them at home...I would never be able to leave my house, because I wouldn't be able to get through the door!!! )
    Hah, I'm half ashamed to admit this, but in college one of my roommates was a manager at McDonalds and one night he came up with 2 stacks of frozen hamburger patties, a bag of buns, a canister of the "special sauce", cheese, etc.

We made our own McDonalds Big Macs right in our apartment on a George Foreman grill, and they tasted just like the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    It's a clever marketing ploy.

Burger King was my very first employer. I was 15 years old and my father said - "You're old enough to have a job instead of spending all summer on the beach getting into trouble." I went to BK and they hired me and I worked there all summer and learned a lot....but I still managed to find some time for trouble!
    Sometimes even bigger trouble can be had with a paycheck added to the mix!

This thread brings back memories! My very first attempt to write a "naughty" letter was written to my boyfriend on the back of a burger king bag when I worked there. I was off all weekend and had forgotten I wrote the letter at work. When I returned, it was behind that glass display case thing where notices are posted but you need a key to open it! I never admitted it was my writing. :-)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast