Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water usage

Interesting!

The Peterson story: Sneed hears rumbles investigators probing the disappearance of Stacy Peterson and the mysterious death of her husband's third wife, Kathleen Savio, are looking into the water usage at the Peterson home during the time sequence surrounding the death and discovery of Savio's body.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/7...NEED20.article

Quote Originally Posted by kpass View Post
    The Peterson story: Sneed hears rumbles investigators probing the disappearance of Stacy Peterson and the mysterious death of her husband's third wife, Kathleen Savio, are looking into the water usage at the Peterson home during the time sequence surrounding the death and discovery of Savio's body.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/7...NEED20.article
    Is that even possible?

They read my water meter once a month. And the water usage will vary from month to month, certainly an extra washer load wouldn't make a big difference over a month's time. As to being able to pinpoint what time the water was used, they couldn't do that.

Is the system different in BB?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    Is that even possible?

They read my water meter once a month. And the water usage will vary from month to month, certainly an extra washer load wouldn't make a big difference over a month's time. As to being able to pinpoint what time the water was used, they couldn't do that.

Is the system different in BB?
    I agree that would be a stretch to try to pinpoint date and time of water usage. Over the period of a month a load of extra wash would be hard to trace.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn View Post
    I agree that would be a stretch to try to pinpoint date and time of water usage. Over the period of a month a load of extra wash would be hard to trace.
    I have a question, why is this of importance? Are they maybe speculating that the pool may have been drained and refilled during this time period?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    I have a question, why is this of importance? Are they maybe speculating that the pool may have been drained and refilled during this time period?
    That's the only thing that would cause a marked difference in water usage, imo, not a few extra loads of laundry.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Down the road in Wilmington, the officials there were able to establish how much water was used during a period of time (3 hours in that instance) so its something that has been done in the area. This was brought up in the Riley Fox case.

I think they would be able to track how much water was used that weekend or during specific times of that weekend. All the info would be in the water treatment system and it would just be a matter of pulling the info for specific times. Sounds good anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    But for what purpose? This is during Kathleen's time. She was found at her home, not DrewP's.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

But for what purpose? This is during Kathleen's time. She was found at her home, not DrewP's.
    Oh, sorry, I too misunderstood. I thought it was relating to Stacy's disappearance.
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving View Post
    Down the road in Wilmington, the officials there were able to establish how much water was used during a period of time (3 hours in that instance) so its something that has been done in the area. This was brought up in the Riley Fox case.

I think they would be able to track how much water was used that weekend or during specific times of that weekend. All the info would be in the water treatment system and it would just be a matter of pulling the info for specific times. Sounds good anyway!
    So if the scene described by the pastor is true ..then they would be able to point possibly the time that a load of wash was being done at 3AM in Drew's home over the weekend of Kathleen's murder. The night Stacy couldn't find him, keeps calling and then she sees him in the dark clothing by the washer with womens clothing in a bag ..getting ready to wash those and his black outfit.

So possibly with that info, the phone records and the ifo given to the pastor...they could est a timeline for Kathleen's murder?

So if the scene described by the pastor is true ..then they would be able to point possibly the time that a load of wash was being done at 3AM in Drew's home over the weekend of Kathleen's murder. The night Stacy couldn't find him, keeps calling and then she sees him in the dark clothing by the washer with womens clothing in a bag ..getting ready to wash those and his black outfit.

So possibly with that info, the phone records and the ifo given to the pastor...they could est a timeline for Kathleen's murder?
    I'm not sure I know which home the water records are for....I assumed (without reading fully) it would be to check the water usage at the Savio home to figure out when the water was being used (say for a bath). I think they would be looking for a large amount of water usage at maybe a strange time. But pinpointing the time a large amount of water was used could give them the timeline of when she was in the tub or more accurately when water was being let into the tub.

Thanks Chico..I didn't know water records were able to be detailed like that..but with so many things computerized today I suspect they sure could be.

Thanks Chico..I didn't know water records were able to be detailed like that..but with so many things computerized today I suspect they sure could be.
    It's something new to me too, and especially to get the records from over 3 yrs. ago.
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving View Post
    I'm not sure I know which home the water records are for....I assumed (without reading fully) it would be to check the water usage at the Savio home to figure out when the water was being used (say for a bath). I think they would be looking for a large amount of water usage at maybe a strange time. But pinpointing the time a large amount of water was used could give them the timeline of when she was in the tub or more accurately when water was being let into the tub.
    are looking into the water usage at the Peterson home during the time sequence surrounding the death and discovery of Savio's body.
    The way I read it is that they are looking at the water usage at DrewP's home. IOW was the washer run in the middle of the night.

The way I read it is that they are looking at the water usage at DrewP's home.

In that case they must be wanting to try to verify this washing machine episode?? Did Drew P have the pool at that time?

If there are hour-by hour details of water usage available, and if it showed usage at Kathy's house say, betweem midnight and 2:30am followed by usage at Drew's home between 3-5am, this would be very significant if compared to usual times of usage in those two homes. I would bet that on any given night of the year, there would be very little or no water usage at all during those hours of the night, unless Drew usually got off work at 3am. Even then, we have records showing that Drew did not work that night and his alibi is that he was at home asleep.

susan

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    If there are hour-by hour details of water usage available, and if it showed usage at Kathy's house say, betweem midnight and 2:30am followed by usage at Drew's home between 3-5am, this would be very significant if compared to usual times of usage in those two homes. I would bet that on any given night of the year, there would be very little or no water usage at all during those hours of the night, unless Drew usually got off work at 3am. Even then, we have records showing that Drew did not work that night and his alibi is that he was at home asleep.

susan
    This is totally fascinating to me since I had no clue that the water usage was recorded in such specific time periods. I just thought it was accumulative over the billing period.
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    This is totally fascinating to me since I had no clue that the water usage was recorded in such specific time periods. I just thought it was accumulative over the billing period.
    I wonder if it makes a difference when the neighborhood was first built. My home was built in the mid-eighties, and I know that a person comes around every month to read the meter. Maybe newer neighborhoods have a more detailed monitoring system.

Susan

So, theoretically, if water records exist for the time period, and if they can be as detailed as suggested, they could be able to compare the water usage at Kathleen's house vs. the water usage at Drew's house.

Let's say, Kathleen's bathtub was filled with water sometime on that night possibly between say 2:00 am and 4:00am. Maybe some additional water usage to clean up, and then NO water usage after that at all. How would that water usage compare with normal water usage patterns at Kathleen's house?

Meanwhile, at Drew's house there is water usage reflecting at least one load of wash at around 4:00 am. How would that usage compare to normal water usage patterns at Drew's house? How often was a large quantity of water used at 4:00 am?

Hmmm. This is fascinating, if it is possible.

Water usuage tracking is something that probably isn't used often, so DrewP might not have been aware of it, or may have forgotten it.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    I wonder if it makes a difference when the neighborhood was first built. My home was built in the mid-eighties, and I know that a person comes around every month to read the meter. Maybe newer neighborhoods have a more detailed monitoring system.

Susan
    Good question. When was DP's house built?
    Rest in Peace

How cool would it be if they also check water usage on the night Drew (alledgedly ) disposed of Stacy's body and found that he was doing a wash or two in the early morning hours?
    ...and even more cool if the night of Stacy's disappearance and the night of Kathleen's murder were the only two nights with that type of usage as compared to records for the years in between murders?

Unlikely? Yes, I know.

Impossible? I don't think so.

Susan

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out that little snippet. Would it prove that more water was used than normal, indicating that water was left on for a long period of time and then shut off prior to KS being found dead?

There would be water damage to the home if water had been left on to simulate a fall and then drowning. The plug was in but allowed a slow leak. Any excess water would have overflowed the tub.

I don't know, can't figure this one out at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    I've been racking my brain trying to figure out that little snippet. Would it prove that more water was used than normal, indicating that water was left on for a long period of time and then shut off prior to KS being found dead?

There would be water damage to the home if water had been left on to simulate a fall and then drowning. The plug was in but allowed a slow leak. Any excess water would have overflowed the tub.

I don't know, can't figure this one out at all.
    Unfortunately, though, I doubt that's really proof of anything.

I just can't wait until we have solid proof of anything in either case.

[quote=TGIRecovered;1862971]
    How cool would it be if they also check water usage on the night Drew (alledgedly ) disposed of Stacy's body and found that he was doing a wash or two in the early morning hours?
    ...and even more cool if the night of Stacy's disappearance and the night of Kathleen's murder were the only two nights with that type of usage as compared to records for the years in between murders?
    A bit O/T but...........

Just by chance when I got a news update re: Riley Fox, I viewed a video where they mention water usage and between what hours. So I guess it is possible.

In the video it states that between the hours of 11PM-1AM that 18 gals. of water was used.

http://video.nbc5.com/player/?id=116722
    Last edited by Tom'sGirl; 12-20-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Water usuage tracking is something that probably isn't used often, so DrewP might not have been aware of it, or may have forgotten it.
    I have never heard of such a thing! Here, they only track water usuage during large time frames. If a leak is suspected...they will send a person out to watch the meter with all the water being off in the home because the meter will still run.

However, this may be relatively a new procedure to track people growing pot inside of homes. Excessive use of water (for plants) is a good tool for LE to obtain a warrant, I think.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast