Water usage

The Peterson story: Sneed hears rumbles investigators probing the disappearance of Stacy Peterson and the mysterious death of her husband's third wife, Kathleen Savio, are looking into the water usage at the Peterson home during the time sequence surrounding the death and discovery of Savio's body.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/705801,CST-NWS-SNEED20.article

Is that even possible?

They read my water meter once a month. And the water usage will vary from month to month, certainly an extra washer load wouldn't make a big difference over a month's time. As to being able to pinpoint what time the water was used, they couldn't do that.

Is the system different in BB?

Is that even possible?

They read my water meter once a month. And the water usage will vary from month to month, certainly an extra washer load wouldn't make a big difference over a month's time. As to being able to pinpoint what time the water was used, they couldn't do that.

Is the system different in BB?

I agree that would be a stretch to try to pinpoint date and time of water usage. Over the period of a month a load of extra wash would be hard to trace.

I agree that would be a stretch to try to pinpoint date and time of water usage. Over the period of a month a load of extra wash would be hard to trace.
I have a question, why is this of importance? Are they maybe speculating that the pool may have been drained and refilled during this time period?

I have a question, why is this of importance? Are they maybe speculating that the pool may have been drained and refilled during this time period?
That's the only thing that would cause a marked difference in water usage, imo, not a few extra loads of laundry.

Down the road in Wilmington, the officials there were able to establish how much water was used during a period of time (3 hours in that instance) so its something that has been done in the area. This was brought up in the Riley Fox case.

I think they would be able to track how much water was used that weekend or during specific times of that weekend. All the info would be in the water treatment system and it would just be a matter of pulling the info for specific times. Sounds good anyway!

But for what purpose? This is during Kathleen's time. She was found at her home, not DrewP's.

But for what purpose? This is during Kathleen's time. She was found at her home, not DrewP's.
Oh, sorry, I too misunderstood. I thought it was relating to Stacy's disappearance. :doh:

Down the road in Wilmington, the officials there were able to establish how much water was used during a period of time (3 hours in that instance) so its something that has been done in the area. This was brought up in the Riley Fox case.

I think they would be able to track how much water was used that weekend or during specific times of that weekend. All the info would be in the water treatment system and it would just be a matter of pulling the info for specific times. Sounds good anyway!

So if the scene described by the pastor is true ..then they would be able to point possibly the time that a load of wash was being done at 3AM in Drew's home over the weekend of Kathleen's murder. The night Stacy couldn't find him, keeps calling and then she sees him in the dark clothing by the washer with womens clothing in a bag ..getting ready to wash those and his black outfit.

So possibly with that info, the phone records and the ifo given to the pastor...they could est a timeline for Kathleen's murder?

So if the scene described by the pastor is true ..then they would be able to point possibly the time that a load of wash was being done at 3AM in Drew's home over the weekend of Kathleen's murder. The night Stacy couldn't find him, keeps calling and then she sees him in the dark clothing by the washer with womens clothing in a bag ..getting ready to wash those and his black outfit.

So possibly with that info, the phone records and the ifo given to the pastor...they could est a timeline for Kathleen's murder?

I'm not sure I know which home the water records are for....I assumed (without reading fully) it would be to check the water usage at the Savio home to figure out when the water was being used (say for a bath). I think they would be looking for a large amount of water usage at maybe a strange time. But pinpointing the time a large amount of water was used could give them the timeline of when she was in the tub or more accurately when water was being let into the tub.

Thanks Chico..I didn't know water records were able to be detailed like that..but with so many things computerized today I suspect they sure could be.

Thanks Chico..I didn't know water records were able to be detailed like that..but with so many things computerized today I suspect they sure could be.
It's something new to me too, and especially to get the records from over 3 yrs. ago.

I'm not sure I know which home the water records are for....I assumed (without reading fully) it would be to check the water usage at the Savio home to figure out when the water was being used (say for a bath). I think they would be looking for a large amount of water usage at maybe a strange time. But pinpointing the time a large amount of water was used could give them the timeline of when she was in the tub or more accurately when water was being let into the tub.

are looking into the water usage at the Peterson home during the time sequence surrounding the death and discovery of Savio's body.

The way I read it is that they are looking at the water usage at DrewP's home. IOW was the washer run in the middle of the night.

If there are hour-by hour details of water usage available, and if it showed usage at Kathy's house say, betweem midnight and 2:30am followed by usage at Drew's home between 3-5am, this would be very significant if compared to usual times of usage in those two homes. I would bet that on any given night of the year, there would be very little or no water usage at all during those hours of the night, unless Drew usually got off work at 3am. Even then, we have records showing that Drew did not work that night and his alibi is that he was at home asleep.

susan

If there are hour-by hour details of water usage available, and if it showed usage at Kathy's house say, betweem midnight and 2:30am followed by usage at Drew's home between 3-5am, this would be very significant if compared to usual times of usage in those two homes. I would bet that on any given night of the year, there would be very little or no water usage at all during those hours of the night, unless Drew usually got off work at 3am. Even then, we have records showing that Drew did not work that night and his alibi is that he was at home asleep.

susan
This is totally fascinating to me since I had no clue that the water usage was recorded in such specific time periods. I just thought it was accumulative over the billing period.

This is totally fascinating to me since I had no clue that the water usage was recorded in such specific time periods. I just thought it was accumulative over the billing period.

I wonder if it makes a difference when the neighborhood was first built. My home was built in the mid-eighties, and I know that a person comes around every month to read the meter. Maybe newer neighborhoods have a more detailed monitoring system.

Susan

So, theoretically, if water records exist for the time period, and if they can be as detailed as suggested, they could be able to compare the water usage at Kathleen's house vs. the water usage at Drew's house.

Let's say, Kathleen's bathtub was filled with water sometime on that night possibly between say 2:00 am and 4:00am. Maybe some additional water usage to clean up, and then NO water usage after that at all. How would that water usage compare with normal water usage patterns at Kathleen's house?

Meanwhile, at Drew's house there is water usage reflecting at least one load of wash at around 4:00 am. How would that usage compare to normal water usage patterns at Drew's house? How often was a large quantity of water used at 4:00 am?

Hmmm. This is fascinating, if it is possible.

Water usuage tracking is something that probably isn't used often, so DrewP might not have been aware of it, or may have forgotten it.

I wonder if it makes a difference when the neighborhood was first built. My home was built in the mid-eighties, and I know that a person comes around every month to read the meter. Maybe newer neighborhoods have a more detailed monitoring system.

Susan
Good question. When was DP's house built?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back