1241 users online (221 members and 1020 guests)  

Websleuths News

Australia - Girl, 2, dies in hot car, Perth, 23 Dec 2007

A two year old girl was found dead inside a car in Perth...a mixup in cars lead to the childs death.
    The girls parents returned home at 3pm on sunday before leaving in another car without her.
    They returned home around 5pm and realized that their youngest daughter was missing ....the toddler was found in the first car a short time later.

Maybe this story belongs in the crimes section.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=339894

This is heartbreaking, dingo. I don't know about laws in Australia, but here in the States whether or not charges are brought seem to depend largely on the circumstances.

I did find it interesting that this statement was made: "It's a very tragic and timely reminder to everybody not to leave children alone in cars at any time, for whatever reason." It doesn't sound like the parents in this case left the young child in the car for any reason - they got confused and lost track during the car switch to pick up their other children. That seems to be the type of mistake that is made in a majority of these cases.

So sad.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Its very sad South...but I cant help wonder how they didnt notice the child missing until hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Its very sad South...but I cant help wonder how they didnt notice the child missing until hours later.
    I hear you - often these cases boggle the mind, but they happen enough to seemingly good and loving familes that I feel like we have to accept that this occurs, however hard it is to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    It is sad isn't it? How can you live with yourself after a mistake like this!!!?!?!?!?

This sounds like "Home Alone" gone bad. They have 7 children so I can *maybe* just understand how this might happen. It's still wrong. We had 4 in the same house at one time and I felt like I was always doing head-counts, or making sure hubby was watching a child if I wasn't.

It says 34* heat. I wonder what that is in fahrenheit. Poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by deanws View Post
    It is sad isn't it? How can you live with yourself after a mistake like this!!!?!?!?!?
    Truly - I can't even imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    This sounds like "Home Alone" gone bad. They have 7 children so I can *maybe* just understand how this might happen. It's still wrong. We had 4 in the same house at one time and I felt like I was always doing head-counts, or making sure hubby was watching a child if I wasn't.

Its bloody hot taximom...I wouldnt even take my dog out in that heat...letalone leave him in a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post

http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

34 celsius = 93.2 fahrenheit

Thanks Penelope.
    93 is hot....poor little one. May she rest in peace.

And may these parents do a better job of parenting in the future. Because if you are so distracted that you forget a child - well, what then?

Now, if I were a doctor who "forgot" a patient, or if I were a nurse who "forgot" a patient, I would be subject to prosecution for negligence or malpractice. But if I am a parent who "forgot" my child, resulting in that child's death - I get a free pass?

Hopefully, these parents have had a wake up call and the other chilren are safe to be in their care?

They have 7 children but apparently they are still learning parenting skills AS.....this one was the youngest.

Quote Originally Posted by Penelope631 View Post
    http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

34 celsius = 93.2 fahrenheit
    Poor baby. Poor parents and family.