CONVICTION OVERTURNED FL - John Stelmack for child *advertiser censored*, Lakeland, 2007

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
John Stelmack, a Polk Elememntary school Prinicpal was arrested after workers in the school found pictures in his briefcase of a naked girl with THE HEAD OF A TEN YEAR OLD GIRL SUPERIMPOSED on the body. O.K. now here we go with another depraved freak. BTW, he made bail.http://www.wesh.com/news/14912360/detail.html

So like a naked "woman" with a "girl's" head on it? ETA: OH, after reading the article the head was of a 10 yr old student in his school!!!!!!!!! :sick:

It really scares me how many of these creeps are in authority positions at schools!!

I don't know if you remember, but BTK kept a collection similar to this. He would go through magazines, catalogs and newspaper ads and cut out pics of girls. He even had them organized somehow.

:eek:

Here's a little more to make you sick:
According to a Polk County sheriff's report, Stelmack took routine photographs of children in a school setting, including a 10-year-old who attended Scott Lake Elementary last year, and digitally superimposed their faces onto nude images. The identified girl's facial image was on four of the pictures, and another unidentified female child's face was placed on the body of another nude image, the report stated.

"The photographs that Stelmack manipulated into child *advertiser censored* are graphic and repulsive," Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said. "To think that a school principal, someone who is entrusted with the safety and well-being of hundreds of school children, would do something like this is incomprehensible."

Stelmack is married and has two adult children. He came to Polk County from the New York state school system.

Hmmm, wonder why he left NY. I hope they didn't just pass on a "problem employee". (more at link)
http://www.local6.com/news/14906749/detail.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22372183/
"It's all a mistake," John "Jack" Stelmack said to reporters outside the jail.
and
During the court hearing Stelmack's wife, Kathleen, spoke about his educational and professional achievements, Assistant State Attorney Brad Copley objected that the material was irrelevant to his questions.
and
The school district had been investigating Stelmack since last Friday, after faculty members complained about Stelmack's level of affection shown toward some students. He has been suspended with pay since that investigation began.
More details about Stelmack's previous work history in New York emerged today.
Stelmack's resignation as principal of Ellicott Elementary in suburban Buffalo, N.Y., was accepted on Feb. 28, 2006, according to 2006 meeting minutes from the Orchard Park Central School District Board of Education.
The resignation was to take effect on June 30 of that year. No reason is given in the minutes for Stelmack's resignation.
The decision came one day after the announcement that a bus driver at his school was arrested on charges of possession of child *advertiser censored* obtained over the Internet, according to the minutes.
It is not clear in the minutes if Stelmack's resignation was related to the bus driver's arrest.
The 2006 Buffalo case involved bus driver Terryl Noyes, whom U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents accused of downloading sexually explicit images of children believed to be 10 to 12 years old. Noyes was an employee of the bus company that provided service to Buffalo area schools.
According to federal agents, Noyes admitted he would trade with others the images that came from Russian and U.S. Internet sites. He was sentenced in March to more than five years in federal prison, according to news reports.
A criminal background check conducted by the Polk school district on Stelmack revealed only a 1986 arrest for drunken driving. The charge later was reduced to reckless driving.
Ron Ciranna, head of the school district's human resources, said the district hired Stelmack without receiving his full personnel records from New York.
It was a mistake that violated school district policy, which is to review all such records prior to hiring a principal, Ciranna said. (MORE AT LINK)

Unbelievable. Fire the idiots that hired him without checking him out completely and put those poor children at risk.

Lock himj up for life. He is a very dangerous man.
I'm beginning to wonder if people realize the danger pedophiles pose to society!

Thanks for all this information, Taximom. Oh, so that's just great that school in Polk hired him before they had all his records for the background check. Ya know too with the wife speaking of all his achievments. Do we care? He's a loon, and a freak. Maybe he did the superimposing stuff cause he couldn't get caught with child *advertiser censored*? Internet wise I mean? That bus driver gets busted and the next day he resigns. I doubt it's a co-inky-dink. Man, how frightening is that all? Creep!

I wonder what the workers were doing in his briefcase? How did they know those pic's were in there? Why was he carrying those pictures around with him? That was pretty stupid. You would think he would have had them hidden at home. I'd like to hear this story from the beginning. Did the workers suspect him of having stuff like that with him or did they think he acted strange around the little girls? I hope we hear whether he had this stuff on his computer at home or not. Was he on friendly terms with the workers that found the pictures? Were the pictures of the kids on the bodies of mature women? I think that is kind of odd. He does look like a pervert but so do a lot of people. I'm going to follow this case and hope we hear the rest of the story.

Did I understand the article correctly? It seems that the guy previously resigned from a school, but no reason was listed in the minutes? That does sound very suspicious. The workers at the current school did become suspicious of his overly affectionate ways with kids, and thank goodness that they did. Maybe they heard something through the grapevine about this freak. Someone mentioned btk. He carried those cards he made up to work and said that he had a few with him everywhere he went just to look at if he wanted. Sounds like this nut was doing sort of the same thing.

I hope LE can get to this man's computers at home in time. I wouldn't be surprised is he has more pictures on a hidden laptop somewhere in his house. Laptops are smaller and easier to hide. He probably resigned in NY since he thought he would be under scrutiny next after the bus driver. He must have photoshop.. I hope this guy gets prison time and not a slap on the wrist.

I wonder what the workers were doing in his briefcase? How did they know those pic's were in there? Why was he carrying those pictures around with him? (snipped).

I was hoping to find those answers somewhere! I don't know the laws etc, but what right did they have to go in his belongings? PLEASE know I'm not defending him, just wondering how he got caught. I'm sure glad he did though.

UGH. Can you imagine what they must have felt when they saw what was in there? :sick: :mad:

Did I understand the article correctly? It seems that the guy previously resigned from a school, but no reason was listed in the minutes? That does sound very suspicious. The workers at the current school did become suspicious of his overly affectionate ways with kids, and thank goodness that they did. Maybe they heard something through the grapevine about this freak. Someone mentioned btk. He carried those cards he made up to work and said that he had a few with him everywhere he went just to look at if he wanted. Sounds like this nut was doing sort of the same thing.

Well, he resigned in NY the day after a bus driver was caught up in a federal child *advertiser censored* sting. Apparently nobody suspected him, but he was probably quite nervous. So NY didn't know a thing about this sicko.

They might have thought he was resigning because he allowed a sicko bus driver to work in the district. Little did they know...

I hope nobody here had any children that were in these school districts:
Jack Stelmack
Scott Lake Elementary
Salary: $75,716
Experience: 2004-2006, principal, Orchard Park Central School District in New York; 1999-2004, principal, Olean City School District in New York; 1998-1999, administrative intern, Jamestown City School District in New York; teacher for 13 years in the Elmira City School District in New York.

Minutes from NY school board meeting where they accepted his resignation:
Moved by G. Zimmerman, seconded by M. Fay upon the recommendation of Mark J. Ward, Superintendent of Schools, to accept the resignation of JOHN STELMACK, with regret, as an Elementary Principal at East View, effective November 24, 2004.
http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:_0bUcpjO4LAJ:staging.olean.wnyric.org/8549092115758/lib/8549092115758/Minutes/2005-06/11-16-04%2520REGULAR%2520MEETING%2520APPROVED%2520MINUTES.DOC+%22stelmack%22+principal+ny+-*advertiser censored*&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=15&gl=us&lr=lang_en

And according to this article, parents in NY were furious because he didn't take any action against the bus driver?
In the Ledger's story, reporter John Chambliss wrote:
Joan Thomas, Stelmack’s replacement in Orchard Park, N.Y **., said the school district there never received any sexual-related complaints about him.... Another time, parents accused Stelmack of not taking any action against a bus driver who was charged with possession of child pronography in his home, Thomas said.
Parents were furious, Thomas said.
“He (Stelmack) didn’t do anything wrong but didn’t do enough,” Thomas said.
This site also lists his autobiography:
(More at link) http://lakelandlocal.com/2007/12/scott-lake-principal-arrested.html

The article said the bus driver was trading the child *advertiser censored* with others. I'll bet the principal was one of them, and they just couldn't prove it. The school district should give all reasons for resignations and make notes for future references just like any other employer would. I don't trust them to be sure all information gets sent on to other school districts.

I was hoping to find those answers somewhere! I don't know the laws etc, but what right did they have to go in his belongings? PLEASE know I'm not defending him, just wondering how he got caught. I'm sure glad he did though.

UGH. Can you imagine what they must have felt when they saw what was in there? :sick: :mad:

Taxi: I've got the same questions. What if the laptop were private property?
Did they have the right to search it?

Also the pix? Are they child *advertiser censored* under the law?

Obviously this guy is sick and needs to be away from kids, but can we nail him hard under present law??

Crypto6

You hear something a couple weeks ago about the principal who is donating one of his kidneys to a 13 year old girl who's a student that has been battling a rare kidney disease called Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis. He said how he's always been there and wanting to help children and this is something that helps a child so much more and for Christmas. This story made me cry.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/ChristmasCountdown/story?id=4018963

and then you hear about this guy who's a principal and does something twisted like this? Think of all the parents who think that a principal is the number one person in that school that you can count on or trust. I hope he ends up with jail time and not just losing his job.

I wonder what the workers were doing in his briefcase? How did they know those pic's were in there? Why was he carrying those pictures around with him? That was pretty stupid. You would think he would have had them hidden at home. I'd like to hear this story from the beginning. Did the workers suspect him of having stuff like that with him or did they think he acted strange around the little girls? I hope we hear whether he had this stuff on his computer at home or not. Was he on friendly terms with the workers that found the pictures?

Hearing this story, I wonder the same things. Was anything found in his home that incldued the same content? I know they found a few pictures but were they all in his briefcase? What made the staff search through his stuff? Were people suspecting him? and if so what made those people suspect him? Are we sure someone (maybe a member of the staff) didn't plant them there if there is no other evidence?

I think about what I've read and I'm just wondering how much evidence there is. I don't think someone could make something like this up, especially a person in a school environment where parents will now be afraid to send their children to that school or possibly any school. I just wanted to know if there was more to this story....

I would think he would be screaming "THOSE AREN'T MINE" instead of "It's all a mistake." He's apparently the one that took the pictures of the children "routinely" at school.

Plus we have the strange and sudden resignation after the bus driver at his old school was caught in a federal *advertiser censored* sting....

I'm sure many missed it as I really didn't know the right place to post it. But there was a VERY disturbing article recently concerning the use of "artificially produced" child *advertiser censored* and the hypothesis that the use of such *advertiser censored* lowers the rate of child abuse. Here's a link:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/209823.php

Link Between The Legalizing Of Child *advertiser censored* And Lower Rates Of Child Sex Abuse

Not buying it. Stelmack scares the putty out of me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back