CANADA Canada - Lisa Maas, 22, Woodford, Ont, 17 July 1988

Rle7

Reaction score
Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: March 16, 1966
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'10"; 96-97 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark-blonde, straight, shoulder length hair; hazel eyes. 3 piercings in each ear. Thin build; fair complexion. Sometimes wears glasses.
  • Tattoos: She has a mouse tattoo on her left shoulder.
  • Clothing: She was last seen wearing blue jeans, white running shoes and a light blue sweatshirt with Mickey Mouse embossed on the front.
  • Medical Conditions: She was 5 months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Maas was last seen on July 17, 1988, after leaving a party in Woodford. Her car was found two days later stuck in mud on a bush road about 10 kilometers away. Searches failed to turn up any clues.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1266dfon.html

It’s just a matter of time. It could be next week. It could be next year. It could be 10 years from now. Eventually, the police and the public are going to know what took place that weekend.”

Ontario Provincial Police Const. Dan Rajsic, lead police investigator into the Lisa Maas case, speaking to The Sun Times one year after she went missing in 1988.

After years of searching, police have zeroed in on a single suspect in the mysterious disappearance of Lisa Maas almost 20 years ago.

Originally there were seven suspects in the case, which badly unsettled area residents in the summer of 1988. Now, the list of suspects has been reduced to a single name by detectives of the OPP’s historical investigations unit.

Though they can’t as yet identify the suspect, police say it is someone Maas knew.

“It makes it more palatable for everybody when strangers are involved,” said Det.-Const. Andre Bayard, a detective with the cold case squad.
“Everybody wants to believe the bogey man’s out there and be wary. Well you know, I’ve been doing this job over 30 years . . . and the bogeyman is usually somebody you know.”

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=827106&auth=Scott+Dunn

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2009/11/06/11653321-sun.html

Last Updated: 6th November 2009, 2:12am

Police long ago narrowed the list of suspects in the 1988 disappearance of Lisa Leona Maas to one person. But without a body or other evidence of a killing, they can't prove their suspicions, Maule said...

...Before heading to the party, she left her car at a friend's place. She and her friends got to the party about 3 a.m. on July 17. She later got a ride back to her vehicle. Later that Sunday, it was found stuck in the mud, the doors and trunk open, but it wasn't reported to police for two days.

OPP Return to Site of Previous Search

Linked to Lisa Maas Disappearance

(GREY COUNTY, ON.) – Members of an Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) investigative team have returned to a residential property in Owen Sound today (October 28, 2010) to search for evidence linked to the 1988 disappearance of Lisa Leona MAAS.

The OPP Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB), Unsolved Homicide Investigation Team utilized ground penetrating radar (GPR) to search the same property situated on 3rd Ave. East in Owen Sound on October 13, 2010. The data accumulated in that search combined with additional information has led investigators to return to the site today.

The owner of the property being searched and current occupants are not persons of interest in the case.

Today’s search is part of an extensive ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Lisa Leona MASS who was last seen in the former Sydenham Township (Municipality of Meaford) on July 17, 1988. Her vehicle, a green 1976 Plymouth, was found stuck on an unimproved township road allowance near the hamlet of Annan two days later.

The OPP CIB Unsolved Homicide Investigation Team will be assisted with today’s search by members of the OPP Urban Search and Rescue Unit (USAR) and an OPP Forensic Identification Unit.

The investigation to date, currently under the direction of OPP CIB Detective Inspector Ian MAULE, has involved numerous searches and hundreds of interviews.

Any person having information regarding the person(s) responsible for the disappearance of Lisa MAAS should contact the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122 or (705) 329-6111, or their nearest police authority. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

More information on this case and other unsolved OPP investigations may be found on the forces website at www.OPP.ca.

http://www.crimealerts.net/northgrey.htm

Anthony Ringel appears to have grown up in Chesley, Ontario, born 1968. Not sure where he went to high school.

Chesley is
--approximately 1 hour from where Lois Hanna went missing in Kincardine, Ontario, July 3 1988 (25, brown curly hair, 5'4, 119lbs, never found)
--approximately 1 hour from where Lisa Maas went missing in Woodford, Ontario, July 17 1988 (22, dark blonde, shoulder length straight hair, 4'10, 96lbs, never found) *her parents lived south of Chatsworth, about 30min from Chesley
--approximately 20 minutes from where Christine Harron went missing in Hanover, Ontario, May 18 1993 (15, brown curly hair, 5'5, 110lbs, never found)
--approximately 1 hour from where Mistie Murray went missing in Goderich, Ontario, May 31 1995 (16, brown curly hair, 5'3-5'4, 115lbs, never found)

Not sure how that would sit with a global audience, but as someone who grew up in the area and knows that this is a basically a collection of villages in a relatively remote area, I would say this is strange.

I'd somehow ruled it out due to the perp's level of sophistication, though due to Mistie Murray's case, and just living there, I know that (unfortunately) some LE and related bureaucracy are primitive (to say the least..potentially even counteractive, one of the main investigators, who'd suggested for years that Mistie's father was molesting her, was tried in court for similar charges). To sum it up, LE isn't the sharpest tool in the shed here. Here, if you can't...be a cop.

It may be a stretch, or not, that all of these cases are ignored due to negligence. Mistie Murray's was an obvious flub, as well as Christine Harron's...only a few thousand people adverse to it in a remote place in cottage country, with some police chiefs due for retirement...hohumm...

Lisa was a close friend of my mothers. She was at my home the day of her disappearance. Her hubby at the time was Ron, a friend of my mothers boyfriend. I was only 13 at the time but remember her well. She was very nice, kind and friendly. Very pretty. She was a petite young lady and pregnant at the time. I hope someday her story is told and the guilty party(s) are brought to justice. I only know the same infos that pretty much every one else involved know. The guilty party(s) need to come forward as I think they are the only ones who really know what happened. Everyone knows who was involved but the ones involved are the only ones who know the whole story. I miss you Lisa. I hope you have peace. PBWY.

Lisa was a close friend of my mothers. She was at my home the day of her disappearance. Her hubby at the time was Ron, a friend of my mothers boyfriend. I was only 13 at the time but remember her well. She was very nice, kind and friendly. Very pretty. She was a petite young lady and pregnant at the time. I hope someday her story is told and the guilty party(s) are brought to justice. I only know the same infos that pretty much every one else involved know. The guilty party(s) need to come forward as I think they are the only ones who really know what happened. Everyone knows who was involved but the ones involved are the only ones who know the whole story. I miss you Lisa. I hope you have peace. PBWY.

:welcome: I'm truly sorry for the unfortunate circumstances that brought you here, but thank you for sharing a bit about Lisa. Lisa and everyone who knew and loved her have waited too long for justice and deserve to know the truth about what happened.

Resources brought in for Maas search

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2018/05/09/resources-brought-in-for-maas-search

A group of searchers were back at a property along Owen Sound's east shoreline, where they put all the resources they had towards finding any clues related to the decades-old Lisa Maas cold case.
The team, led by Nick Oldrieve and Matt Nopper, was at the location on East Bayshore Road along with forensic anthropologists, a human remains detection dog, ground-penetrating radar and a large excavator in what was expected to be a final push to find something relating to the missing Annan woman.

Maas hasn't been seen since she left a party in Woodford and fetched her car in Annan on July 17, 1988. Police have said a “male acquaintance” saw the 22-year-old woman drive away.
Her car was found two days later down a farm lane, hidden from view, about a kilometre southeast of Annan. She was five months pregnant at the time and had just moved home.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/new-info-in-cold-case-has-volunteers-digging-in-owen-sound-1.3923977

New info in cold case has volunteers digging in Owen Sound
Police investigated a property on 3rd Avenue East in Owen Sound on four different occasions between 2010 and 2011. Now, new tips have prompted Oldrieve and his team to begin digging at the same property.

The group, made up of volunteers and funded by donations, is also on the lookout for the body of another woman, Lois Hanna, who went missing from the Kincardine area just two weeks before Haas.

While the site has been searched before, the team wants to prove without a doubt that Maas’ body is not there before moving on.
rbbm.
Also posted on missing Lois Hanna's thread.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...&p=14000635&highlight=Lois+Hanna#post14000635

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 0
Annan Search Ramps Up In Lisa Maas Cold Case News Centre News
Two local men are bringing in reinforcements as they continue to search for the remains of Lisa Maas, a 22 year old woman who went missing after a house party in the Woodford area in 1988.

Nick Oldrieve and Matthew Nopper are conducting a search and a dig on September 4th, 5th and 6th at a property in Annan that they have searched before.

The site, which has a well they looked at in the past, actually has four wells and other features Oldrieve and Nopper plan to search

New big article today, this is all i could grab for now..
‘As long as you’ve got a breath in your body’: Lisa Maas’s father is still searching for his daughter — and her killer
By Peter Edwards Aug. 29, 2021
''Amateur sleuths plan to sift through tons of rubbish on the Niagara Escarpment in hopes of finding the remains of Lisa Maas, a 22-year-old woman who vanished from the Owen Sound area after leaving a party early in the morning of Sunday, July 17, 1988.

Maas, 22, was five months pregnant with her first child when she vanished after a large house party in the tiny rural community of Woodford.''

‘As long as you’ve got a breath in your body’: Lisa Maas’s father is still searching for his daughter — and her killer - Flipboard
_medium.jpeg

New big article today, this is all i could grab for now..
‘As long as you’ve got a breath in your body’: Lisa Maas’s father is still searching for his daughter — and her killer
By Peter Edwards Aug. 29, 2021
''Amateur sleuths plan to sift through tons of rubbish on the Niagara Escarpment in hopes of finding the remains of Lisa Maas, a 22-year-old woman who vanished from the Owen Sound area after leaving a party early in the morning of Sunday, July 17, 1988.

Maas, 22, was five months pregnant with her first child when she vanished after a large house party in the tiny rural community of Woodford.''

‘As long as you’ve got a breath in your body’: Lisa Maas’s father is still searching for his daughter — and her killer - Flipboard
_medium.jpeg

Wow. What a huge task, but they sound very determined.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back