FL FL - Helen Van Beek, 46, Daytona Beach, March 1998

Rle7

Reaction score
Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: September 29, 1951
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 46 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 130 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes. Glasses.
  • Marks, Scars: Scar over right brow. Mole on upper thigh. No tattoos.
  • Dentals: Upper dentures.
  • AKA: Belle; Married last names: Fazeli, and Harris.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Helen Van Beek was last seen in Daytona Beach, FL in March, April 1998.
Van Beek was a Bike Week and Biketoberfest regular who frequented biker bars in and around Daytona Beach.
In May 1998, Van Beek's live-in boyfriend, called her daughter to tell her Van Beek had moved out of the home he shared with her on Fairview Avenue, just west of Ridgewood Avenue. He said she had packed her things and left with someone in a white truck. No one knows exactly when she went missing from Daytona Beach. She had no family in the area. She probably went missing in April 1998.
She was never seen or heard from again. Foul play is possible.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Daytona Beach Police Department
Detective James Brodick
386-671-5206

Agency Case Number: 990001069 Source Information:
FDLE
Faye Fazeli-Oates - Daughter

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2464dffl.html

THE CASE

Missing Person
Date: April 1998

Faye Fazeli-Oates, Van Beek's daughter, last saw her mother during Bike Week of 1998. Fazeli-Oates, an Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University graduate living near Houston, was visiting her mom here. They stopped at several biker bars and shopped together. "The last conversation we had . . . I had a weird feeling that I would never see her again," she said.

THE INVESTIGATION

In May 1998, Van Beek's live-in boyfriend called Fazeli-Oates to tell her that Van Beek had moved out of the home he shared with her on Fairview Avenue, just west of Ridgewood Avenue. When Fazeli-Oates didn't hear from her mother, she called police. Van-Beek was never seen or heard from again.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Local/newEAST03122407.htm

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: September 29, 1951
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 46 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 130 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes. Glasses.
  • Marks, Scars: Scar over right brow. Mole on upper thigh. No tattoos.
  • Dentals: Upper dentures.
  • AKA: Belle; Married last names: Fazeli, and Harris.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Helen Van Beek was last seen in Daytona Beach, FL in March, April 1998.
Van Beek was a Bike Week and Biketoberfest regular who frequented biker bars in and around Daytona Beach.
In May 1998, Van Beek's live-in boyfriend, called her daughter to tell her Van Beek had moved out of the home he shared with her on Fairview Avenue, just west of Ridgewood Avenue. He said she had packed her things and left with someone in a white truck. No one knows exactly when she went missing from Daytona Beach. She had no family in the area. She probably went missing in April 1998.
She was never seen or heard from again. Foul play is possible.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Daytona Beach Police Department
Detective James Brodick
386-671-5206

Agency Case Number: 990001069 Source Information:
FDLE
Faye Fazeli-Oates - Daughter

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2464dffl.html

I'll bet the boyfriend is guilty as homemade sin!!:snooty:

She's in the Volusia County Courts database. It appears she filed for a protective order due to violence in September 1997. It states that it was dismissed that same month because petitioner failed to appear in court.

Her daughter saw her several months later, so her failure to appear wasn't due to her disappearance, but it does indicate there were domestic issues.

She's in the Volusia County Courts database. It appears she filed for a protective order due to violence in September 1997. It states that it was dismissed that same month because petitioner failed to appear in court.

Her daughter saw her several months later, so her failure to appear wasn't due to her disappearance, but it does indicate there were domestic issues.

Forgot to mention that her last name is spelled with no spaces there, in case anyone wants to look it up

Thank you for this information, Odyssey! This is Helen's daughter Faye, and I've just stumbled upon this website. Also, this is the FIRST time I've heard of my Mom filing any protective order with the police, AND I've been in contact with several DAB PD detectives over the years!!!! Please advise link where you found the filed order? I'll also be calling the DAB PD to follow up. Thank you very much for this information. Mom's birthday is on Sep.29

Hi, Faye! I am so glad you joined us.

Here is the link

https://app02.clerk.org/menu/

Once you are on the site, click on Case Inquiry and it will give you a screen to agree to their terms, just click "I agree"

Then you will be able to search by name. Her last name is spelled with all one word. When you click on the case number, the dockets tab will show the chain of events.

If you also search his name, there was a battery charge against him that was closer to the time of her disappearance but it doesn't say who the victim was.

I hope this helps in some way and all of us here hope your mom will be found!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back