905 users online (164 members and 741 guests)  

Websleuths News

Teen Hits Baby Sister With Vehicle, Charges Possible

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2217475/

If it really was an accident, he shouldn't be charged. He is going to suffer enough knowing that he killed her. Where were her parents? She shouldn't have been outside without adult supervision.
    Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2217475/

If it really was an accident, he shouldn't be charged. He is going to suffer enough knowing that he killed her. Where were her parents? She shouldn't have been outside without adult supervision.
    Oh - this is a terrible story. I believe it was an accident and a child that age may well have slipped out after his big brother unknown to anyone else. My 2nd son was that type of toddler.

Prayers for this family and especially for this young man.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

What a sad story! This has happened to parents and grandparents--I'm not sure the teen is more deserving of being charged when adults have not been.

And really, who was watching the toddler stepsister? The person driving the car is not responsible--it is the person who should have been watching the child!

I'm just guessing, but the charges could be because he technically fled the scene of the accident.

What a horrible thing to happen, especially right before Christmas.

How very sad!I don't think this youngman should be charged.He had saw what he had done ran inside to tell the family and then he ran off.Which I think he ran off because he was just so distraught a friend would not be judgeing or accusing of him.Neutral so to speak.Teenagers can be flighty like that when stressed.Prayers to them all!May they have the strength to get through this time.

Rest well little one.

Quote Originally Posted by ceeaura View Post
    How very sad!I don't think this youngman should be charged.He had saw what he had done ran inside to tell the family and then he ran off.Which I think he ran off because he was just so distraught a friend would not be judgeing or accusing of him.Neutral so to speak.Teenagers can be flighty like that when stressed.Prayers to them all!May they have the strength to get through this time.

Rest well little one.
    I think that is exactly why he fled. So sad.

I just can't see charging him if it was an accident.
    Would he be charged if he hit a child with his car in a parking lot...if he was obeying all driving rules?

I just read this story now and there is new info:

Troopers said Tuesday morning that it was decided that no charges would be filed in the accident.
    From same site

My prayers go out to the family and I hope that they could all sit down and talk and get through this. So, he was at his fathers house? Was this the step-mother?

I'm so glad he will not be charged and I agree with the poster who said the parents should have been watching the little girl. I hope they will love this young man and forgive him b/c he will have a long, hard emotional road ahead of him. I hope they will get him counseling and let him know they forgive him. I can see this young man's life and emotional well-being going horribly wrong in the future if the parents don't forgive him and take care of him.