GUILTY WA - Six Anderson family members slain in Carnation home, 24 Dec 2007

Melly

Reaction score
The article says 3, but CNN has a breaking news alert saying 6...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/26/carnation.killings.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

CARNATION, Washington (AP) -- At least three people were found dead in a house in a wooded area early Wednesday and police said it was a case of homicide.
art.carnation.killings.komo.jpg

A view of the Carnation home where the bodies of three people were discovered Wednesday.

The victims seemed to be two adults and a child, said Sgt. Jim Laing of the King County sheriff's office.

Authorities released few details, but Laing said there appeared to be more victims.

Sheriff's Detective Bob Conner said only that there were multiple victims. He would not say how the victims died, give their ages, or say if any weapons were found. Investigators had not yet determined when they died, he said.

Conner referred to the deaths as homicides, and Laing said they were not caused by carbon monoxide or other accident.

"We're still gathering evidence," Conner told reporters at the end of a dirt road leading to the house and a cluster of other homes in a mostly rural area. "At this point, you'll see a lot of people coming in and out. That's because we're still bringing in detectives due to the complexity of this investigation."

Detectives were searching nearby properties in the forested area but Conner would not say why.

However, he added: "I can assure you there's no threat at this point to any neighbors living in this area."

Dang, that's terrible.. if LE is ensuring that there's no threat than the killer/killers must have committed suicide or have been killed at the scene.
There was another case in Wis involving 6 dead in a domestic dispute, yet in Delavan, i'll put the link to that case:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19151287/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,318462,00.html

The victims included a boy about age 3, a girl about 6, a man and a woman in their 30s and a man and a woman in their 50s, "most likely three generations" of one family, said sheriff's Sgt. John Urquhart. Names of the victims were not released.
The six died of homicidal violence "most likely gunshots," he said.
Investigators were looking for a suspect or suspects in the case, but do not have specific individuals in mind, Urquhart said.

How sad....

Fox just reported that there were two arrests in this case, but thats all I heard on the newsbreak.

How sad. I wonder if this is another boyfriend/husband story. I am sure it pobably is. Payers for the loved ones of this family.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CARNATION_KILLINGS?SITE=AZTUS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

-- A man and a woman have been arrested in the deaths of six people, likely family members and including two young children, at a rural property east of Seattle, authorities said Wednesday.
The two, a 29-year-old woman and a man in his early 30s, were being held for investigation of homicide, King County sheriff's Sgt. John Urquhart said.
He said it was unclear whether the two are related, but they were known to the victims. The pair came to the crime scene after investigators arrived there this morning, were questioned by investigators, then arrested around 4 p.m.
Urquhart said investigators had not determined a motive in the slayings.

What motive did these 2 scumbags have to wipe out this entire family, and 2 young kids? I'll be waiting to hear an update on this.

Don't be so quick to rule the cause as drugs....remember alot of people felt this was the cause of the Shasta and Dylan Groene kidnapping/murders...and it turned out NOT to be the reason at all.
Drugs ARE bad and force you to do some things you may not otherwise, but they ARE NOT the cause of all murders...
Sorry Re, hope I don't sound hateful, but I was a former drug addict and am sensitive to EVRYTHING (or so it seems) being blamed on an addict....
But then again alot of murdwers are drug-related...I surely hope this ISN'T the case....

The daughter is involved:

"One of two suspects in the slayings of six people near Carnation is the daughter of the oldest victims, police said.
Michele Anderson, the 29-year-old daughter of victims Judy and Wayne Anderson, has been booked into the King County Jail on six counts of suspicion of homicide."

http://tinyurl.com/2ms2qd

Don't be so quick to rule the cause as drugs....remember alot of people felt this was the cause of the Shasta and Dylan Groene kidnapping/murders...and it turned out NOT to be the reason at all.
Drugs ARE bad and force you to do some things you may not otherwise, but they ARE NOT the cause of all murders...
Sorry Re, hope I don't sound hateful, but I was a former drug addict and am sensitive to EVRYTHING (or so it seems) being blamed on an addict....
But then again alot of murdwers are drug-related...I surely hope this ISN'T the case....

You are right White Rain - I am wrong! :confused: It would appear that drugs are NOT involved in this case. And just for the record - my constant whinning and groaning about drugs is because I HATE what they do to people's lives. I am SO glad that you seem to have escaped the death grip that many people succumb to. I have seen far too many friends fall into this trap. And no....you did not sound hateful - I have always liked what you have to say, and you are a valued memeber of Websleuths, IMHO.

"Urquhart declined to discuss a possible motive for the killings, but said they weren't drug related."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/344935_carnation27.html

You are right White Rain - I am wrong! :confused: It would appear that drugs are NOT involved in this case. And just for the record - my constant whinning and groaning about drugs is because I HATE what they do to people's lives. I am SO glad that you seem to have escaped the death grip that many people succumb to. I have seen far too many friends fall into this trap. And no....you did not sound hateful - I have always liked what you have to say, and you are a valued memeber of Websleuths, IMHO.

"Urquhart declined to discuss a possible motive for the killings, but said they weren't drug related."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/344935_carnation27.html
Thank you very much...sometimes I am TOO sensitive to the drug issue...they DO screw up lives...I guess I tend to look at addicts from MY personal point of view...able to function normally, kept my appearance up, (other than the skinny-skeleton-looking-weight-loss), still worked, took care of my teeth, etc...
I am so glad you can look at them and view them in a negative light....I too have lost and have seen so many people lose the things that really matter, such as family and friends...it's heart-breaking, and easy to blame it for much of the evil in the world!

Who did the actual killing? The boyfriend or the daughter?

:furious: :furious: HOW CAN YOU KILL TWO YOUNG CHILDREN???!!!:furious: :furious:

TaxiMom, I also will never be able to understand killing the two kids. It was on Christmas Eve!!! These kids had to be excited about Santa coming - not a monster whose face they recognized. Many of the news articles refer to a 911 call that was made and abruptly ended. Officers responded, but did not go up to the house because of a "locked gate". What on earth was wrong with them? The locked gate along with the 911 call should have been a huge red flag. So sad.

It could have been grandparents who had custody of the scumbags' kids, indirectly related to drugs or neglect as a cause of losing custody or being cut out of the family.

It could have been grandparents who had custody of the scumbags' kids, indirectly related to drugs or neglect as a cause of losing custody or being cut out of the family.

I think it was probably her brother and his wife and their children:

Authorities couldn't confirm the names of the other four victims. They are described as a man and a woman in their 30s, a 6-year-old girl and a 3-year-old boy.
A neighbor of Judy and Wayne Anderson's son, Scott, and his wife Erica, said sheriff's deputies talked to him today about the whereabouts of the couple and their two children, a 6-year-old girl and a 3-year-old boy.

From Reannan's link (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004092938_webthreedead26m.html).

CNN reported that onhe of the 2 suspects was a relative of all that were killed. This picture reminds me of the Groene home.
2004093495.jpg

There was something about this case that reminded me of the Groene home also. Unfortunately, it looks like hte 29 year old daughter, Michele Anderson and her 29 year old boyfriend, Joseph Thomas McEnroe have been arrested. They both lived on the property in the mobile home. I am curious about the black truck that LE was so interested in. What was in that truck, and how is it connected? Reports seem to hint at the possibility that all of the bodies were not in the home. Who made the 911 call that was quickly aborted? Why did the two people who have been arrested show back up at the crime scene? Are they so stupid to think that they could fool the investigators into believing they LIVED on the property, yet had not SEEN anything since Christams Eve?

So the loser of a daughter killed her own little niece and nephew? That's pure evil.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back