From City/State:Bartlesville, OK
    Age at Time of Disappearance:51
    Height:74 inches
    Weight:195 pounds
    Hair Color:Brown
    Hair (Other):With graying.
    Eye Color:Brown
    Complexion:Light
    Glasses/Contacts Description:Gold, wire framed glasses.
    Identifying Characteristics:Two raised strawberry scars by watch on left wrist.
    Clothing:Blue short sleeved collared sport shirt with black windowpane lines/ black dress pants/ black shoes.
    Jewelry:Watch.
    Circumstances of Disappearance:Unknown. Dave was last seen at his residence in the vicinity of the 2400 block of Kensington Way in Bartlesville, OK. He failed to show up for an appointment and his vehicle was later located abandoned. It is possible that Dave may have been seen at a convenient store near the intersection of US 75 and Hwy 20, approximately 11 miles north of Tulsa, OK.
    Investigative Agency:Bartlesville Police Department
    Phone:(918) 338-4017
    Investigative Case #:B-202005532
    NCIC #:M-792652198

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200301590W

Bartlesville Man's Disappearance Still Puzzles Investigators After 5 Years

In spite of a recent TV news report to the contrary, Bartlesville interim Police Chief Tom Holland said Friday that there are no new breaks in the case of David Lee Rockey, a Bartlesville man who was reported missing more than five years ago.

“We are carrying David Rockey as an open investigation of this department and the only info we have at this time is that he is missing,” Holland said.

Rocky was 51 at the time of his disappearance on Aug. 26, 2002.

A private investigator alleged in a recent news report for KTUL Channel 8 in Tulsa that Rockey was murdered and is buried in a neighboring county

http://www.examiner-enterprise.com/a...ws/news014.txt

Private investigator Marlene Rockwell says David was murdered and that she's got the documents that show why.

"Motive would probably most likely be inter-personal conflict and long term financial gain," Rockwell says.

But where's the body? Rockwell says it's close to Bartlesville, and wants police to do more.

"You would have to ask Bartlesville where they stand on this right now."

Police Chief Tom Holland says everything is being done that can be, and if Rockwell wants to do more, go for it.

"He is a missing person as far as we're concerned," Holland says. "My message to them, I'm sure she'll see this is you need to dig. If you think you know where he's at, let's dig him up and we'll get the medical examiner to do forensics and determine cause of death we hope and go from there."

Randy simply wants his dad found, and even prepared a statement addressing his perception of politics in policing.

"Failing to recognize that the most logical explanation for the disappearance of my father is an abduction or homicide, and failing to act to investigate this case is not only irresponsible but a compromise of the trust placed in law enforcement by the public."

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1207/482216.html

After reading the article in the Bartlesville newspaper, it seems KTUL news article was misleading. The quote to the EE stated the remark was made about the neighboring county's LE and not directly to the PI.

“We have had people that have surfaced, including a private investigator, that claim they know the general area as to where Mr. Rockey was placed,” said Holland in response to the television report. “It is not in Bartlesville and it is not even in Washington County. They have involved law enforcement from where they claim the body is located.”

~snip~

“I met with the private investigator and authorities from that jurisdiction and told them that if they felt strongly enough they should dig and attempt to find him,” Holland told the newspaper. “To date no one has done this.”

Holland said that conversation took place in September.

“They seem to feel strongly about it, but no one has done anything,” said Holland. “There are ways to go about this in that jurisdiction, but no one has done that.”

http://www.examiner-enterprise.com/a...ws/news014.txt

David was last seen at a convenience store halfway between Bartlesville and Tulsa asking for directions to the airport (no reason because he knew exactly how to get to the airport), but his car was later found at the airport. The leads went ice cold from there. As I recall, they could find no proof he ever got on a plane and left Tulsa, also never found him inside/outside the airport from security cameras.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

I tried to bring his photo to the thread with no luck. Please refer to the video on the above link.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Found alive and well in South Dakota

Missing Bartlesville Man Found In South Dakota

UNDATED -- A man who disappeared without a trace in Bartlesville seven years ago has been found, alive and well and living in another state.

David Rockey's disappearance in 2002 was a total mystery to police, Rockey's wife of 26 years and his two sons. His family posted flyers all over northeast Oklahoma and a billboard was placed along Highway 75.

Rockey had told his family he was going for a job interview, but, the company said they had no appointment with him.

~snip~

The News On 6 learned that Rockey was located in Rapid City, South Dakota, and had been living under the radar, working odd jobs. Authorities were located the man when he went to renew his driver's license.

Before he disappeared, he had retired from Phillips.

He's expected to return to Bartlesville next week to answer some questions about where he's been and why he left.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=10323749

What a POS!!! GRRRR! This is why I want the laws changed so it is a criminal offense to walk off and leave your family!!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Woman considers options after missing spouse found
    May 09, 2009 10:29 EDT

BARTLESVILLE, Okla. (AP) -- The attorney for a Bartlesville woman whose husband resurfaced after going missing for almost seven years says she is considering what to do next.

~snip~

Carlson says Peggy Rockey is "happy that her husband is alive and well" and is trying to "put her life back together."

Carlson says Peggy Rockey hasn't spoken with David Rockey since he resurfaced and that it's too early to know if the couple might reconcile.

http://www.okcfox.com/template/inews...cfox.com.shtml
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Wife Files For Divorce Citing Extreme Mental Cruelty

BARTLESVILLE, OK -- The wife of a Bartlesville man who was missing for nearly seven years has filed for divorce.

~snip~

Court records show Peggy Rockey has also filed a restraining order. She wants to keep her husband from accessing investment accounts, life insurance policies or seizing their Washington County home.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=10349240 (Bolded by me)

This POS deserves everything he gets...which is zip, zilch, nada! You GO, Peggy! Take it all away from him legally!!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    BARTLESVILLE, OK -- The wife of a Bartlesville man who was missing for nearly seven years has filed for divorce.

This POS deserves everything he gets...which is zip, zilch, nada! You GO, Peggy! Take it all away from him legally!!

This POS showed up right before he could be declared legally dead and his wife could get the life insurance $$. He put her through all those years of worry and no child support, etc. & shows up just in time to keep her from getting any $$. Hope she sues him for back child support & alimony. More can be found at: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...0_BRLSIL389842

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cynsational For This Useful Post:

No matter what anyone is going through there is no excuse for this crap. There is a whole lot that his wife couldn't do with him missing in action like refinance the house etc. His kids were just abandoned by their father. You might be mad at your spouse but why would you let your kids go through that kind of emotional trauma. It is certainly wrong to put anyone in your family through that...wife and mother included but what kind of jerk who is so involved in the community and boy scouts.

Leave if you want...I have no problem with that but not without letting anyone know. It is cruel, inhumane, hurtful and just plain evil. Karma is b**ch and he deserves everything he has coming to him.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lymom3 For This Useful Post: