GUILTY MI - Rose Cobb, 47, dies in contract killing, Detroit, 26 Dec 2007

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
It all happened while the husband was inside the store. This sounds like a hit to me. I hate to sound so negative, but IMO, it's probably at the direction of the LE husband.

(snip)
Cobb had been shot through the vehicle's window and nothing appeared to be taken. The shooter is believed to have left on foot.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/14930759/detail.html

It could also have been a set up by the husband.

Yes, I read too much at WS! lol

I read too much WS too TM:blowkiss: . It sounds like a set up by the husband to me.

It could also have been a set up by the husband.

Yes, I read too much at WS! lol

Yikes! I was thinking the same thing. WOW.

That is pretty random and scary if he had nothing to do with it. How sad.

Not to make fun of the situation but if HIS last name is "cobb"... (cob, cobb, get it, Bobby Cutts etc)

She was shot right in the head. Why isn't she in the store with him? What are the chances you are shot in the head, and nothing is stolen from you. Not your purse, or your car...

Of course, we don't know if there was an attempted robbery as well.

Who was the guy in Boston that set up his pregant wife to be killed in a bad part of town. Charles...Stuart, I think.

Taxi:

It was Charles Stuart, after he and his wife left a lamaze class. I remember it well.

Also sounds like a set up to me. Hopefully, his cell phone records will be checked out!!

They so have to have video tape of that. CVS is like Fort Knox in my hood. Cameras everywhere.

According to the below linked article, the husband is a sergeant on the Detroit Police Department assigned to the Eastern District station. The pharmacy is located on the east side of the city. The wife was shot through a window, so it appears robbery wasn't the motive. Retaliation against the husband could be a motive.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071227/METRO/712270437

SuziQ, my first thought is that maybe someone he had put away had got out and recognized him or had been stalking him to for vengeance. Were they in a bad area?
That would explain potential witnesses taking off out of the parking lot; the no snitch rule and also out of fear of getting involved.

It all happened while the husband was inside the store. This sounds like a hit to me. I hate to sound so negative, but IMO, it's probably at the direction of the LE husband.

(snip)
Cobb had been shot through the vehicle's window and nothing appeared to be taken. The shooter is believed to have left on foot.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/14930759/detail.html

I wonder if it could have been an attempted carjacking. Maybe they told her to open the door and she refused so they shot through the window, out of rage.

There is so much crime up there it really is hard to say.

Heck in a town close to me last Friday LE and SWAT teams were all over the biggest malls there. An informant who had infiltrated one of the gangs there said the gang members had a plan to shoot unsuspecting women that were sitting in their cars or getting out or in their vehicles. They had the entire Mall on lock down and did find three gang members and they all were carrying weapons.

Scary and dangerous times imo.

imoo

the no snitch rule
Snitches get stitches. This law of the street is the most backward thinking ever. Don't people get it yet who have loved ones who are also victims that you're just ensuring these criminals more time out on the street to kill again and again?

Between the spike in cop killings and witness retaliation that is out of control, anything could be possible. Would a LE husband leave his wife alone in a car in a bad neighborhood though? Carjacking attempt maybe. I wonder if the keys were in the car and the car running? Because how do you carjack a car minus a driver and keys? It's still not making sense.

Between the spike in cop killings and witness retaliation that is out of control, anything could be possible. Would a LE husband leave his wife alone in a car in a bad neighborhood though? Carjacking attempt maybe. I wonder if the keys were in the car and the car running? Because how do you carjack a car minus a driver and keys? It's still not making sense.

Good, good points, SuziQ. You are right. Would a LE officer leave a family member in a car alone in a bad neck of the woods? NO! Then again possibly the woman was sick or didn't want to go in? The key question though is an excellent one.

I'm really hoping more is put out on this. Everyone here has brought up some very good questions. I could see her waiting in the car if he was just running in for a minute-but not in a bad part of town.

I'm really hoping more is put out on this. Everyone here has brought up some very good questions. I could see her waiting in the car if he was just running in for a minute-but not in a bad part of town.

I looked and so far I see nothing new in the media today. I know when I've lived in bad areas, that I've driven out of my way to shop in better areas.

From this latest report, it appears the policeman husband isn't entirely off the hook yet.

JMHO
fran

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071228/NEWS01/712280319

Motive in fatal shooting unclear
December 28, 2007

..............snip...............

Police continued to investigate, both with officers from the homicide department and from internal affairs.

Yvette Walker of the Police Department said police do not know what the motive was.

Thank you Fran, Are Internal Affairs involved because a crime happened against the officer's family? Or are they involved because the officer is a suspect?

I really think it is strange that a police officer would let his wife wait alone in the car at night in a bad area. I am very suspicious of the husband.

Thank you Fran, Are Internal Affairs involved because a crime happened against the officer's family? Or are they involved because the officer is a suspect?

IMO, it's probably a precaution........doesn't matter if the husband is a policeman, he's suspect, or POI, #1.

As far as I know, 'internal affairs' only investigates their own, ie police matters.

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine