698 users online (102 members and 596 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,306

    Man Says MP3 Player He Bought His Daughter For Christmas Was Preloaded With Porn


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,160
    I had the same thing happen to me years ago with a SuperNintendo!!!!

    We got it as a Christmas present at a game store. Difference with us is that we knew we were buying it and the games used. Someone previously had used the paint program that we got and was VERY artistic with it. I was on the phone with Nintendo Christmas night trying to figure out how to erase the entire game memory so that my kids could play with it. They were all under ten at the time!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,611
    Could the person have managed to make the package look un-opened to an inexperienced store employee handling the return? If that is the case, I'd say Wal-Mart really isn't to blame, the cheat who returned it is to blame. I wonder if there is a way to track down who it was that returned the item and "blacklist" them so they can't scam Wal-Mart anymore, to ensure a similar incident doesn't occur?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,026
    Quote Originally Posted by KatK View Post
    Could the person have managed to make the package look un-opened to an inexperienced store employee handling the return? If that is the case, I'd say Wal-Mart really isn't to blame, the cheat who returned it is to blame. I wonder if there is a way to track down who it was that returned the item and "blacklist" them so they can't scam Wal-Mart anymore, to ensure a similar incident doesn't occur?
    The father claims that Walmart sold it as new and violated their own policy when they did that. I saw him in an interview on TV tonight. He is defintely preparing to sue.

    The player had hardcore porn, graphic bloody war images and rap music with vulgar language on it.

    I have no idea what Walmart's policy is regarding returned merchandise.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    The father claims that Walmart sold it as new and violated their own policy when they did that. I saw him in an interview on TV tonight. He is defintely preparing to sue.

    The player had hardcore porn, graphic bloody war images and rap music with vulgar language on it.

    I have no idea what Walmart's policy is regarding returned merchandise.
    I saw this on the news.
    Not sure about WM but I used to work at Kmart, and at the return desk. Now MP3 Players WEREN'T around back then, (2003) but if something was brought back and and looked ok and the person said "nothing was wrong with it, I just didn't want it" or something like that, it was put back on the shelf, electronic or not.
    That being said, I would also be upset if my child viewed this.
    BUT, I am not so sure that WM is to blame.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,415
    I totally believe it. I recently returned a "NEW" phone to walmart because when I plugged it in it had a whole bunch of numbers on the caller ID.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    I saw this on the news.
    Not sure about WM but I used to work at Kmart, and at the return desk. Now MP3 Players WEREN'T around back then, (2003) but if something was brought back and and looked ok and the person said "nothing was wrong with it, I just didn't want it" or something like that, it was put back on the shelf, electronic or not.
    That being said, I would also be upset if my child viewed this.
    BUT, I am not so sure that WM is to blame.
    This is what I was thinking when I posted to this topic. Parents, ALWAYS start up/plug in electronics you buy for your kids FIRST. Not only to make sure they work, but to be sure they weren't returned to the store by a scammer, and have already been used, maybe with unsavory things in the memory.



Similar Threads

  1. Man got felony for molesting my daughter, now guilty of child porn
    By Jan in forum Citizens Against Pedophiles Early Release (CAPER)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-28-2014, 11:42 AM
  2. WA - Couple used 11 yr old daughter to produce child porn for sale
    By Missizzy in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 06:41 PM
  3. NBA Player Watching Porn, Drunk Before Crash
    By ketel0ne in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 10:32 AM